The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple tourist type Landscape/Seascape Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of the Brighton/Palace Pier. Thought I'd mess about with the PP a bit with this one to give it a higher contrast gritty effect.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Brighton Pier (1)-03223 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just a simple tourist type Landscape/Seascape Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of the Brighton/Palace Pier. Thought I'd mess about with the PP a bit with this one to give it a higher contrast gritty effect.

George.
I like this George,it makes me think 1940’s-50’s postcards,news shots, very emotive processing,yeah .

I like this George,it makes me think 1940’s-50’s postcards,news shots, very emotive processing,yeah .

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

George.
Yes, nice and antique! Like it. Did you try a sepia tint while you were there? :)

Yes, nice and antique! Like it. Did you try a sepia tint while you were there? :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

“No sepia tint etc tried just a bit of noise added and a boost to the contrast. I don’t care for too much messing about being done to snaps in PP”

George.

Fair play, I wasn't sure if I'd made the right choice when I first started using the X-T20, but each time I use it I realise how impressive it is.

I'm finding I can push the raw files much, much further than I ever could with my D7200, today, I've been to the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire steam railway to check out the recently opened extension to Broadway, horribly harsh midday sun and generally nasty conditions to shoot it but somehow the Fuji has produced the results.

Here is Broadway station, lots of shadows and highlights, I would have binned this photo if it was taken on the Nikon...

GWSR 117 by Adam P, on Flickr

Cheltenham Racecourse

Fair play, I wasn't sure if I'd made the right choice when I first started using the X-T20, but each time I use it I realise how impressive it is.

I'm finding I can push the raw files much, much further than I ever could with my D7200, today, I've been to the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire steam railway to check out the recently opened extension to Broadway, horribly harsh midday sun and generally nasty conditions to shoot it but somehow the Fuji has produced the results.

Here is Broadway station, lots of shadows and highlights, I would have binned this photo if it was taken on the Nikon...

Cheltenham Racecourse

Two very nice Fujigraphs Sir, well composed, good colour, and a full range of tones.(y)

George.

Anyone had a go with the focus stacking after the new X-T2 firmware update?

Even with the focus step set to the maximum (10) the change in focus is minute. It would take 100s of photos to focus the entire depth of a landscape shot.

Anyone had a go with the focus stacking after the new X-T2 firmware update?

Even with the focus step set to the maximum (10) the change in focus is minute. It would take 100s of photos to focus the entire depth of a landscape shot.

I did, and ended up with 25 identical frames..... Need to do more testing.

I did, and ended up with 25 identical frames..... Need to do more testing.

Glad it's not just me. Is it maybe based on the focus distance set? So maybe a bigger spread if you are focusing at 1m rather than 0.1m? I only had a quick play at the breakfast table but will try again later.

2nd time out of the box for the XH1 and poor Dabley copped for being my model again this time with the Zeiss Touit 12mm f2.8 lens.
jpg iso 800 1/7 sec @ f3.2

Dabley by P Higgys, on Flickr

Has anyone had issues with camera raw not opening your files? I am getting a message box telling me to make sure i've got the latest version of camera raw installed and even after the update the files won't open from my xt2 or xt20. Any ideas? The chat thing on their website is closed at this time.

I found Affinity ok don't shoot RAF that often tbh but i did shoot a file today on the XH1 and it opened up fine.

Glad it's not just me. Is it maybe based on the focus distance set? So maybe a bigger spread if you are focusing at 1m rather than 0.1m? I only had a quick play at the breakfast table but will try again later.

From the manual....

X-T2 (Version 2.10) Owner’s Manual: P 150 FOCUS BKT
Option Description - FOCUS BKT

The following settings are available when BKT SELECT is chosen for Z FOCUS BKT.

FRAMES - Choose the number of shots.
STEP - Choose the amount focus changes with each shot.
INTERVAL - Choose the interval between shots.

The relation between focus and the options chosen for FRAMES and STEP:

• Focus proceeds from the starting position toward infinity.

• Small STEP values translate to small changes in focus, larger values to larger changes.

• Regardless of the option chosen for FRAMES, shooting ends when focus reaches infinity.

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a gentleman sitting on a public bench taking a Relaxing Vape. Must admit I like the Contre-jour light on this snap.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/70th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Relaxing Vape-03197 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

The sun was pretty bright so I didn't see the woman in the background until later. Makes a more interesting picture though.. :)

St Dunstan in the East is a ruined church converted to a lovely public garden near Monument tube station. I wouldn't make a special journey there, but if you're in the area anyway, it's very pleasant on a sunny afternoon and probably even better in the autumn or with frost.

Seen and unseen
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a gentleman sitting on a public bench taking a Relaxing Vape. Must admit I like the Contre-jour light on this snap.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/70th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Relaxing Vape-03197 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Cracking candid George (y)

I like it too! Those vapes are a bit of a photographic boon, aren't they? Much more dramatic than backlit cigarette smoke :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

George.

From the manual....

X-T2 (Version 2.10) Owner’s Manual: P 150 FOCUS BKT
Option Description - FOCUS BKT

The following settings are available when BKT SELECT is chosen for Z FOCUS BKT.

FRAMES - Choose the number of shots.
STEP - Choose the amount focus changes with each shot.
INTERVAL - Choose the interval between shots.

The relation between focus and the options chosen for FRAMES and STEP:

• Focus proceeds from the starting position toward infinity.

• Small STEP values translate to small changes in focus, larger values to larger changes.

• Regardless of the option chosen for FRAMES, shooting ends when focus reaches infinity.

Cheers. Seems we're all doing it right then but the focus distance change is absolutely tiny between frames.

Cheers. Seems we're all doing it right then but the focus distance change is absolutely tiny between frames.

If what the manual says is correct, "Regardless of the option chosen for FRAMES, shooting ends when focus reaches infinity" I would assume that, if you shoot say, 25 frames, focus on the closest point, and set the step high, it will shoot as many frames as it needs to get to infinity.

That wasn't the case when I used it, but I didn't adjust the STEP setting, just left it at default.

Like I said previously, it needs further investigation, but I don't have any time this week, so it will have to wait until the weekend.

Does the new focus stacking update mean you do not need a slide rail for macro focus stacking?

Thanks.

The theory is that you focus on the closest point of the subject, and then the camera will automatically adjust the focus point to infinity. You can adjust the number of frames, and how much the focus changes on each step.

The theory is that you focus on the closest point of the subject, and then the camera will automatically adjust the focus point to infinity. You can adjust the number of frames, and how much the focus changes on each step.

Thanks Steve.

Gents (and ladies), I'm considering having the image below printed to a 40x16 canvas for my lounge and would like some feedback.

Lakes_sml by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I haven't done this for a while, but it was shot on the T2 (one of my first on that body) so the RAW file is 6000 px wide. The colours will really work in our lounge but I'd some opinions on how it would look blown up to that size.

I have a link to a full size image that is 7500 pixels wide - https://flic.kr/p/25Fh5wt

Last edited:
Back