The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Like that one. Nice work.

Must be cold down there!

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

“I wouldn’t know just now about the weather in the UK, as I’m at home in TN (USA) at the moment. The snap was taken during winter time”

George.

Just a simple Close Up Fujigraph taken in my studio of a Fender Stratocaster Tuning Pegs. Shot taken using three studio flash heads each with a largish soft box fitted and against a black paper background.

X-T2, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/250th @ F16, ISO-200, Multi Flash.
Strat Head (2)-03210 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just a simple Close Up Fujigraph taken in my studio of a Fender Stratocaster Tuning Pegs. Shot taken using three studio flash heads each with a largish soft box fitted and against a black paper background.

X-T2, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/250th @ F16, ISO-200, Multi Flash.
Strat Head (2)-03210 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Wow George. I love this. the chrome against the black and brown is superb. This could easily frame and be a contemporary piece. Great work

Wow George. I love this. the chrome against the black and brown is superb. This could easily frame and be a contemporary piece. Great work

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply & for the nice comments.(y)

George.

From a recent trip to Norfolk - unusually for me, I took my X-T2 on walkabout instead of a lighter camera. Yes, it was a pain to lug about but I'm very happy with the results.

Brancaster Marshes by Andrew R, on Flickr

Wells Beach Huts by Andrew R, on Flickr
Liking the beach huts particularly. You know Fuji has changed your perspective when the X-T2 is your heavy camera that you can't generally be bothered to pull out without a reason :LOL:

You know Fuji has changed your perspective when the X-T2 is your heavy camera that you can't generally be bothered to pull out without a reason :LOL:

I agree - but I really don't like carrying photo gear around when out walking. I've tried all sorts of camera bags but none really work for me. I can just about cope with my X100F in a waist pouch.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a young lady taking a selfie type snap with her cell phone.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/30th @ F5.6, ISO-400, Handheld.
Togger (11)-03220 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Cracking capture and moment you have caught George (y)

Cracking capture and moment you have caught George (y)

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
The blue bells are just coming out here in Glencoe .Another couple of days should do it.Shot taken with XT2 and 10-24
bluebell.jpg

I just put a wanted ad up for an older fuji x body (x-e1 or similar) if anyone has one laying around...

Just a quick heads up in case you may not have heard about it. I visited this exhibition in New York back in march this year and can tell you it sure is worth a visit if you're in town.(y)

George.

http://home-magnum.com/en/

FUJIFILM AND MAGNUM PHOTOS BRING THE GLOBAL HOME EXHIBITION TO LONDON
HOME is not only defined as a space for physical living, it holds various other associations that are emotional, biological, cultural and societal.

In this exclusive pop-up exhibition, 16 photographers from the legendary Magnum Photos co-operative, including Elliot Erwitt, Mark Power and Olivia Arthur, reflect on the emotion and intimacy of what ‘home’ means to them.

DATE: 18th – 27th May 2018
TIME: 10am – 6pm
(entrance through Phonica Record)
51 Poland Street
Soho
London
W1F 7LZ

The exhibition is free, no booking required.

Last edited:
I've been tasked with taking my friends daughters school prom pictures. 110 kids at a stately home in Essex. formals will be outside (Weather permitting) in the grounds, but I also need to cover an award ceremony inside a marquee at 7.45. My question is lighting. I currently use a Yongnuo 565 EXII for indoor stuff. Is this suitable to light the area inside a large marquee? Or should I be using something more powerful? I do have two Lencarta smart flash III heads, but the stately home aren't keen on trailing wires...

I've been tasked with taking my friends daughters school prom pictures. 110 kids at a stately home in Essex. formals will be outside (Weather permitting) in the grounds, but I also need to cover an award ceremony inside a marquee at 7.45. My question is lighting. I currently use a Yongnuo 565 EXII for indoor stuff. Is this suitable to light the area inside a large marquee? Or should I be using something more powerful? I do have two Lencarta smart flash III heads, but the stately home aren't keen on trailing wires...
I suppose it would work fine so long as it's not group shots inside the tent. Do you have more than one flash? I have three Godox flashes and trigger that I use on light stands for first dances etc. Obviously you have the trip hazard of the stands but no trailing cables.

When is the shoot? I have a wedding on the 28th of this month but if it's not that weekend I could loan you these to save you buying more.

I know I've mentioned on here moving from primes to zooms but now I have worked out the cost of my garage conversion I've decided to sell my new second body and one of my lenses to get my wee studio off the ground. I think I'm going to invest in the 50-140 as that will allow me to shoot food and portraits.

I'm gutted at selling the xt20 and probably the 16mm but think it's the sensible way as I'll make money back off school and baby shoots which I'm knocking back often due to not wanting to pull the house apart.

Anyone else rolled back firmware XT-2. #4 to 4.1? I didn’t have any issues, but didn’t fancy my my camera bricking.

Anyone else rolled back firmware XT-2. #4 to 4.1? I didn’t have any issues, but didn’t fancy my my camera bricking.
Me neither. I know they are locking up, but it would be just my luck it’d brick. Rolled back just to be on the safe side.

I suppose it would work fine so long as it's not group shots inside the tent. Do you have more than one flash? I have three Godox flashes and trigger that I use on light stands for first dances etc. Obviously you have the trip hazard of the stands but no trailing cables.

When is the shoot? I have a wedding on the 28th of this month but if it's not that weekend I could loan you these to save you buying more.

Thats a very kind offer Scott, but unfortunately I think we're too far apart to make that work. I should have said I use the Yongnuo with a Godox soft box, so maybe one or tow of those is the way forward

Thats a very kind offer Scott, but unfortunately I think we're too far apart to make that work. I should have said I use the Yongnuo with a Godox soft box, so maybe one or tow of those is the way forward
I would have posted them to you buddy. The price of the flashes when compared to the canon ones I used to buy is amazing. I got two for around £210 or a bit less and they're brilliant.

I would have posted them to you buddy. The price of the flashes when compared to the canon ones I used to buy is amazing. I got two for around £210 or a bit less and they're brilliant.

Wow! Thanks so much mate. Do you have a link to where you got them from? I'll buy a couple of these to go along with the other one.

Back