The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I will obviously be interested in the XT1 and 50-140 as trades

Good luck trying to find a 50-140 at a decent price. I've been looking for one for a few weeks, rarely come up on here, and I'm willing to trade my new 80mm f2.8 Macro...... Personally I would keep the X-T20, it gives better resolution than a T1 (just my opinion...)

Good luck trying to find a 50-140 at a decent price. I've been looking for one for a few weeks, rarely come up on here, and I'm willing to trade my new 80mm f2.8 Macro...... Personally I would keep the X-T20, it gives better resolution than a T1 (just my opinion...)
I know. I've posted wanted ads on various places recently without a reply never mind an offer. Fingers crossed. I don't need one for a while or at all really so I'll wait and see what happens.

First post in a while. Dune 7 in Namibia taken with 18-135mm on XT2. Quite like the simplicity of it.

View attachment 127110

Very nice Fujigraph Ma’am, simple and straight to the point composition, with strong colours.(y)

George.

Reactions: Ros
Hi chaps, anyone have much experience with the 18-135?

I currently have the 18-55 which I'm very happy with but I'm going away soon and looking back at the photos from our last trip I was using a canon crop body with the 18-135 and it was very, very practical. The Fuji version seems to get either rave reviews or quite poor ones.

I know we have to take these things with a pinch of salt but was just curious if anyone owns or has owned one and what they thought of it in general. I wouldn't expect it to be super sharp wide open at either end of course but would like to hear some thoughts?

I currently have the 18-55 which I'm very happy with but I'm going away soon and looking back at the photos from our last trip I was using a canon crop body with the 18-135 and it was very, very practical. The Fuji version seems to get either rave reviews or quite poor ones.

I know we have to take these things with a pinch of salt but was just curious if anyone owns or has owned one and what they thought of it in general. I wouldn't expect it to be super sharp wide open at either end of course but would like to hear some thoughts?

Its a good lens, but its not as sharp as the 18-55, but has much better OIS, so its swings and roundabouts!!

As David says, the 18-135 isn't quite as good as the extremely good 18-55, although it's much better than the 18-55 at 56mm and longer... ;) :p It does distort a little at the short end too and is of course a bit slower in terms of maximum aperture. As a general walkabout lens, I now use the 18-135 even though I have the 18-55 as well. The 18-135 also has the potentially useful WR so is ideal on an X-T 1 or 2 in a shower of rain.

I haven't used my camera in ages - been seconded to the catalogue photography unit at work which is basically photoshopping hundreds of p*** poor shots of car parts onto white backgrounds and making them look like they haven't just been pulled from the bin. Takes the edge off wanting to use a camera for anything other than smacking the boss across the head with... but I did take this the other morning!

Morning Rays by Alan Jones, on Flickr

I don't think the X-T2 is a "much" better camera than my previous Canons (7D2 & 6D1) but I feel I am delivering better images from them. It could be that I tend to shoot more so the law of averages says I'll get more keepers, it could be that I am more aware of the settings & controls via the EVF.

Whatever it is, after 2 years since I bought an X-T1, and now converting to Fuji completely, I can say that I have no regrets whatsoever, and I'm pleased I made the change. :fuji:

I don't think the X-T2 is a "much" better camera than my previous Canons (7D2 & 6D1) but I feel I am delivering better images from them. It could be that I tend to shoot more so the law of averages says I'll get more keepers, it could be that I am more aware of the settings & controls via the EVF.

Whatever it is, after 2 years since I bought an X-T1, and now converting to Fuji completely, I can say that I have no regrets whatsoever, and I'm pleased I made the change. :fuji:

In some respects you could say that the XT2 isn’t better at all than either the 6D1 or 7D2.... but I know what you mean, besides my Amsterdam trip in Feb I’ve barely taken a shot this year and its almost June - last year with the Fuji gear I’d shot thousands by now!

A couple from Raynes Jetty, North Wales

Not sure of these David. Normally I love your stuff, but I think it's the odd shapes that are in the images. All technically excellent though, although I think I would have preferred a longer exposure on the first, so those diagonal white lines of the waves blended in more. Just personal preference I guess....

This is where personal taste comes into play as Steve says - I'd prefer a shorter exposure to better define the wave lines rather than blurring them!

This is where personal taste comes into play as Steve says - I'd prefer a shorter exposure to better define the wave lines rather than blurring them!

Exactly, as I said in my post, personal preference. I tend to look at images and think "Would I like to hang that on my wall?" If it's a yes, then it ticks all my boxes. I don't have enough walls for all the great stuff posted in this thread (including most of Davids!!)... :D

and i would have preferred it just right in the middle :LOL:

You're just a troublemaker :rolleyes: :police:

Exactly, as I said in my post, personal preference. I tend to look at images and think "Would I like to hang that on my wall?" If it's a yes, then it ticks all my boxes. I don't have enough walls for all the great stuff posted in this thread (including most of Davids!!)... :D

You're just a troublemaker :rolleyes: :police:
:ROFLMAO:

Introducing Zara, the lovely GSD puppy from next door.

Really was a grab shot while she was on the path between the two gardens. X-T2, 10-24 & 24mm, f4.

Zara by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Superb shot and detail she is a beautiful looking K9 :)(y)

Back