The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Focal length shouldn't change massively, if at all with regards to their relative perspectives.

Was your Nikon full frame?

No crop sensor D7200, maybe it's my imagination, the Fuji just feels like a tighter crop, only marginally though.

Morning all - camera dilemma...

X-t10 or e-m10 mk2 for travel ? The Fuji body is slightly smaller but the lenses are bigger as I’d only go for a pancake with the Oly.

But the Fuji renderings are lovely ( I had a x100t - is the t10 similar ? ), less noise at high iso.

I don’t want to spend a fortune, hence these 2 considerations..

Morning all - camera dilemma...

X-t10 or e-m10 mk2 for travel ? The Fuji body is slightly smaller but the lenses are bigger as I’d only go for a pancake with the Oly.

But the Fuji renderings are lovely ( I had a x100t - is the t10 similar ? ), less noise at high iso.

I don’t want to spend a fortune, hence these 2 considerations..

I’ve also been tempted by Olympus. They seem to be very well regarded. Trouble is, I know I’d regret not having APS-C.

I’m very shallow...

I had Olympus for nearly 3 years before returning to Nikon so I know it reasonably well. But I was never happy with noise levels at >iso1600. Perhaps the d500 has spoilt me and I’m not expecting that performance but...

I’ve also been tempted by Olympus. They seem to be very well regarded. Trouble is, I know I’d regret not having APS-C.

I’m very shallow...
I was Olympus for many years before defecting to Fuji in 2014. They make excellent cameras with great lenses, but I much prefer Fuji ergonomics. Also I find I can get better images from Fuji raw files in LR than from Oly. No doubt this statement will cause some interesting comments!

The only real advantage to an M43 is the amazing IBIS, that was the main reason for me switching from Fuji. You get better overall image quality with Fuji, not a lot in good light, barely noticeable in fact, but for low light where higher iso cannot be avoided (moving subjects) you will benefit. On the other hand the Olympus allows hand holding down to 4-5 stops with any lens, so it can depend on your personal style. I love having that over better high ISO.

I find it so easy to switch between formats lately because the truth is, once you know how to get the best from any given gear, there is no 'bad' choice nowadays.

Last edited:
Thanks - I’ve gone for the Olympus at £234 after cashback with a 2 year guarantee. It was so cheap I couldn’t really say no..

Last edited:
I was kind of hoping to do some astro in Harris, as light pollution is extremely low, but I had reckoned without the effects of latitude. This was taken at 11.10 pm. I won't say things never got any darker, but chances of seeing much in the way of stars were (a) slim and (b) none. Can't really grumble though, just shouldn't have brought the Samyang 12mm with me! :)

Afterglow
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Last edited:
Does anyone have an adapter to mount M42 lenses on Fuji X (X-T20) ?

I had the K&F Concept one in my Amazon wish list but it is now showing as unavailable - some of the other options look a bit clunky so wondered if anyone had a recommendation ?

Thanks...

Does anyone have an adapter to mount M42 lenses on Fuji X (X-T20) ?

I had the K&F Concept one in my Amazon wish list but it is now showing as unavailable - some of the other options look a bit clunky so wondered if anyone had a recommendation ?

Thanks...

I use the K&F one and I'm happy enough with it as far as I recall. Haven't used it in a while. Have a look on eBay if Amazon don't have it - there are plenty of sellers, just make sure that they ship from the UK rather than a slow boat from China...

Anyone seen https://www.techradar.com/news/fujifilm-x-t100 ?

It looks like a baby X-T10/T20.

I'm not sure who it's aimed at or where it's meant to fit in within the current Fuji line up, you have the X-AT10, X-A5, X-T20... I thought Nikons range was a struggle to keep track of!

Designed as a basic entry level body into the X-T series. What I do like is the bluetooth connection to the app. (Isn't it about time the Fuji App was updated???)

Anyone seen https://www.techradar.com/news/fujifilm-x-t100 ?

It looks like a baby X-T10/T20.

I'm not sure who it's aimed at or where it's meant to fit in within the current Fuji line up, you have the X-AT10, X-A5, X-T20... I thought Nikons range was a struggle to keep track of!

The naming of it is odd, it confused people to begin with, with many reviewers having to correct themselves when calling it the X100T. Maybe they should have called it the A100 or so, as it doesn't use the X-Trans sensor.

Lovely looking camera, especially the charcoal one IMO, and despite it being more aimed at entry level, I can see many experienced Fuji shooters picking one up as a side camera.

Lovely looking camera, especially the charcoal one IMO, and despite it being more aimed at entry level, I can see many experienced Fuji shooters picking one up as a side camera.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I actually think the X-T20 or even the X-A5 looks nicer,the x-100 looks like it has too much going on for a small camera.

Apologies for one more sunset from last week, but I am so impressed with the colours from the X-T2. The sunset was spectacular and this is so true to the actual scene, with just a little cropping and straightening. The kayakers were the icing on the cake as they paddled in just as I was preparing to leave.

Paddling Home by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Apologies for one more sunset from last week, but I am so impressed with the colours from the X-T2. The sunset was spectacular and this is so true to the actual scene, with just a little cropping and straightening. The kayakers were the icing on the cake as they paddled in just as I was preparing to leave.

Paddling Home
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Lovely Fujigraph Ma’am, well composed with a beautiful sky & colours.(y)

George.

Paddling Home
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Great. The kayakers really add to the picture.

Love the colours in this, needs to be on your wall....

Back