The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone recommend me a 135mm fixed lens for the X system without spending mega bucks ? Something like a Russian version or anything else, and what adapter would I require etc ?

Or what about these;
Meyer Gorlitz Orestor 135mm f/ 2.8, or a Samyang 135mm f/2 - Samyang 100mm f/2.8 macro ?

Any advice welcome.
Peter
I am wonderfully impressed with the Pentax SMC 135mm f3.5. Cheap as chips and easy to focus.

On the subject of 3rd party lenses....

I have an adaptor for what I believe is called a "T mount". It's a K&F Concepts T2 - X mount converter. Any idea what lenses I should be looking at? (I got the converter for my Swarovski scope).

A strange (to me) situation. Just been out in garden taking a couple of the kids messing in and around the paddling pool. XT2, 56mm f1.2 wide open, aperture priority. It's giving me a shutter speed of 8000? I know there's an explanation for this, but Google isn't playing with me today (or I don't know how to word the query correctly)
Can anyone give me an explanation as to why the SS is so high?

A strange (to me) situation. Just been out in garden taking a couple of the kids messing in and around the paddling pool. XT2, 56mm f1.2 wide open, aperture priority. It's giving me a shutter speed of 8000? I know there's an explanation for this, but Google isn't playing with me today (or I don't know how to word the query correctly)

What is your ISO

Had it on auto iso, but looking at the exif now, it was 200

Is it still exposing correctly? If so wouldn't it just be as a result of shooting f1.2 in day light?

That's the beauty of Fuji bodies, wide open even with very fast glass is usually still achievable even on bright days without needing filters.

Is it still exposing correctly? If so wouldn't it just be as a result of shooting f1.2 in day light?

That's the beauty of Fuji bodies, wide open even with very fast glass is usually still achievable even on bright days without needing filters.

It did, I had to use the compensation dial, but yes it was fine

F1.2 let’s in shed loads of light so if it’s a bright day expect the shutter speed to be 1/8000 or higher if you have electronic shutter enabled.

That’s interesting. I never knew the electronic shutter made a difference

*edit, just had a look, it's on mechanical shutter

Last edited:
That’s interesting. I never knew the electronic shutter made a difference

*edit, just had a look, it's on mechanical shutter

Mechanical maxes out at 1/8000 so if higher speed is needed it should switch to electronic where it can go up to something like 1/32000 I think

Thanks Damien, where's it best to locate a PK-FX adapter, and what kind of price are they ?

Cheers;
Peter
I use K&F from Amazon. Bizarrely they quote different prices for the same item, so be sure to check down the list. I paid £14 for mine.

ye same, though mine is showing as 16.99 today https://amzn.to/2K9mlu0

I paid 11.99 in 2014, I guess they're getting more popular!
Mine (second one as I don’t like sharing adapters) was ordered on Sunday and arrived yesterday. When I ordered it Amazon were listing the same item at £13.99, £16.99, and £17.99! Guess which one I went for?

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of the rear of a statue of a guy called Dave Lee a well known and loved performer in the Kent area who sadly passed away not so very long ago.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/800th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Dave Lee Statue-03236 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Mechanical maxes out at 1/8000 so if higher speed is needed it should switch to electronic where it can go up to something like 1/32000 I think

Only if you have 'M + ES' enabled, otherwise the Electronic Shutter doesn't kick in and you do max out at 1/8000. Worth remembering if you do have the Electronic Shutter enabled and it kicks in you can get crazy distortion with moving objects (or due to slight camera movement) and banding if you're indoors with artificial light.

I understand the X-H1 has this under control a bit better, presumably because the actual true shutter speed is a bit higher.

Only if you have 'M + ES' enabled, otherwise the Electronic Shutter doesn't kick in and you do max out at 1/8000. Worth remembering if you do have the Electronic Shutter enabled and it kicks in you can get crazy distortion with moving objects (or due to slight camera movement) and banding if you're indoors with artificial light.

I understand the X-H1 has this under control a bit better, presumably because the actual true shutter speed is a bit higher.

Yeap I always keep it in m+es just in case.

So using a 135mm lens on a Fuji X body, what the effective length then, about 216mm does anyone know ?
135mm. No need for any conversion unless you're comparing with using the lens on a full frame body. But if you're comparing it with Fuji lenses, you'll get the same angle of view with this lens as with the long end of a 50-140 zoom.

And I agree, it's a nice lens if you get a good copy, and cheap as chips. I have the M variety rather than the K but it's still good.

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of part of the River Stour that flows through the town.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/200th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Canterbury River Stour (1)-03240 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
As I said elsewhere, I first thought this was two photos left and right! Nice one.

Well Rome awaits my first big test of the X-T2, so that`ll be interesting ;) You might get bombarded when I get back, with a ton of questions, and maybe a couple of pix haha

Well Rome awaits my first big test of the X-T2, so that`ll be interesting ;) You might get bombarded when I get back, with a ton of questions, and maybe a couple of pix haha

It will walk it, took an X100F last year, my recommendation though if you want to go the Vatican book an evening visit (these are all pre-paid and timed (you can book on the Vatican website), it was deserted, less than 30 people in the Sistine Chapel. And if you like modern architecture visit MAXXI, and if you want pictures without tourists, get up early!!

My pictures here https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157685677838161

It will walk it, took an X100F last year, my recommendation though if you want to go the Vatican book an evening visit (these are all pre-paid and timed (you can book on the Vatican website), it was deserted, less than 30 people in the Sistine Chapel. And if you like modern architecture visit MAXI, and if you want pictures without tourists, get up early!!

My pictures here https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157685677838161

Thanks David
Been around the Vatican before, and although I thought it was really cool, it`ll be further down the list this trip. Only got the weekend, to cram as much in as I can. MAXXI looks bonkers :D

As I said elsewhere, I first thought this was two photos left and right! Nice one.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

“Agreed with that comment, and as already said you’re not alone with thinking so”

George.

Last edited:

“ENJOY” (y)

George.

Having been away from photography for a few months (financial reasons) I decided to buy a used XT-20 from Park Cameras last week. I had not had much chance to use it, perhaps taken around 100-150 photos and today I had to change the battery. When I did the camera reset to factory defaults. I reset the date and time and removed the battery again and the same thing happened. I have contacted Park Cameras asking about my options but I just wondered if any one here has had a similar problem and if so did they manage to sort it without returning the camera. I fit a fully charged battery the day it came and it has been in camera ever since until I changed it today.

Glad you're getting some use out of it buddy..... I still haven't had a chance to get out with the 50-140 yet....

Cheers Steve - believe it or not I have bought a 60mm and some tubes to see if they can work for me as the 80mm is great but feels huge on the X-T20... So despite being very pleased with the above I may move it on - we shall see :)

Back