The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Two nice Fujigraphs, with some nice vibrant colours.(y)

"Purely a personal preference, If they were my presentations I'd probably crop a bit from the left of each of them to balance the composition a bit more"

George.
Thanks for the comments George - you may well be right there! :)
I half agree with George. I wouldn't crop, but would have left more breathing space to the opposite side of the boat in each frame.

Obviously this is harder to achieve in post [emoji16]

Thank you fellow Fujigraphers.

As a result of seeing many fine Landscape Fujigraphs on this thread from the likes of people such as @Ian W @Jelster @ianmarsh @yamahatdm900 @Phiggys etc etc I've decided to try and get into a bit of Landscape photography which is something that's never really appealed to me in the past.

So there I was trying one or two things out at Dungeness when a guy with an American accent similar to mine approached me and started to ask me about my camera etc. At first I didn't look round but just responded to his conversation while taking my snaps. When I eventually looked round at the guy to chat with him I was absolutely stunned and speechless for a while but extremely pleased & happy to see him as he was to see me.

You see, this guy was my childhood buddy from school, and later became my co/plt for a time when we were both serving in the US Marines, he later went on to cpt his own chopper and a very good plt he was too. Unfortunately we lost touch a while after we left the Marines, and try as I may I just couldn't find him again.

To cut a long story short not only have I found my old buddy but he's living in the UK and has been for about eight years only a short distance from where my house is.

Sorry if this is all a bit boring for you but its made me one very happy guy. So a BIG BIG THANK YOU to you Landscape Fujigraphers that have inspired me to try this type of photography, because without your inspiration I probably would never have met up with my old buddy again.:banana::beer:(y)

George.

What a result George thats great.

Looking for an inexpensive longer zoom for landscape work, mostly on a tripod. So doesn't need to be fast, and AF and OIS don't matter.

Anyone happen to have used both the XC 50-230 and the Contax Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 80-200? @BacktotheFuji maybe?

Thanks!

I like it. Cool artwork and like the colours.

Thanks Ian (y)

That`s what caught my eye, and of all things, was right next to MAXXI in Rome .

Thanks Ian (y)

That`s what caught my eye, and of all things, was right next to MAXXI in Rome .
All looks very 'classic chrome' which I love, aside from the bright pink / orange parts which boost the image a little. Keep going back to it [emoji4]

All looks very 'classic chrome' which I love, aside from the bright pink / orange parts which boost the image a little. Keep going back to it [emoji4]

Haha yeah it is. Processed in photo chop, using "camera matching" Classic Chrome, and a little bit of tweaking :)

Thank you fellow Fujigraphers.

As a result of seeing many fine Landscape Fujigraphs on this thread from the likes of people such as @Ian W @Jelster @ianmarsh @yamahatdm900 @Phiggys etc etc I've decided to try and get into a bit of Landscape photography which is something that's never really appealed to me in the past.

So there I was trying one or two things out at Dungeness when a guy with an American accent similar to mine approached me and started to ask me about my camera etc. At first I didn't look round but just responded to his conversation while taking my snaps. When I eventually looked round at the guy to chat with him I was absolutely stunned and speechless for a while but extremely pleased & happy to see him as he was to see me.

You see, this guy was my childhood buddy from school, and later became my co/plt for a time when we were both serving in the US Marines, he later went on to cpt his own chopper and a very good plt he was too. Unfortunately we lost touch a while after we left the Marines, and try as I may I just couldn't find him again.

To cut a long story short not only have I found my old buddy but he's living in the UK and has been for about eight years only a short distance from where my house is.

Sorry if this is all a bit boring for you but its made me one very happy guy. So a BIG BIG THANK YOU to you Landscape Fujigraphers that have inspired me to try this type of photography, because without your inspiration I probably would never have met up with my old buddy again.:banana::beer:(y)

George.
What a cool story George, its great when you meet up with long lost friends

Damn, Tenby looks rammed ... Really liking the first, great colours (y)

What a cool story George, its great when you meet up with long lost friends

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

George.

Printed A3

NQFWgfmh.jpg
This print looks amazing [emoji3]

Sometimes, I don't actually mind being woken up at 5.30 on a Sunday. But only sometimes.

Sunday Morning Mist by Alan Jones, on Flickr

This is the first time I've ever used the HDR merge in Lightroom, because there was no way a grad was going to work here. I'm kicking myself a little that I didn't switch to the 55-200 and home in on the horse the other side of the mist, that would have been a shot in it's own right!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes, I don't actually mind being woken up at 5.30 on a Sunday. But only sometimes.

This is the first time I've ever used the HDR merge in Lightroom, because there was no way a grad was going to work here. I'm kicking myself a little that I didn't switch to the 55-200 and home in on the horse the other side of the mist, that would have been a shot in it's own right!

Love this cracking picture

So many layers [emoji7]

"Cracking" Fujigraph Sir, lovely light & receding plains.(y)

George.

Viewed this on my phone, then had to view it on my Mac
Wonderful picture, so much to explore.

Stunning colours! What causes that then?

From a Smithsonian article

Water at the center of the spring, which bubbles up 121 feet from underground chambers, can reach temperatures around 189 degrees Fahrenheit, which makes it too hot to sustain most life (some life does manage to exist, but its limited to organisms that feed off of inorganic chemicals like hyrdogen gas). Because there’s very little living in the center of the pool, the water looks extremely clear, and has a beautiful, deep-blue color (thanks to the scattering of blue wavelengths—the same reason oceans and lakes appear blue to the naked eye). But as the water spreads out and cools, it creates concentric circles of varying temperatures—like a stacking matryoshka doll, if each doll signified a different temperature. And these distinct temperature rings are key, because each ring creates a very different environment inhabited by different types of bacteria. And it’s the different types of bacteria that give the spring its prismatic colors.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/science-behind-yellowstones-rainbow-hot-spring-180950483/

Yellowstone is an incredible place.

That’s quite stunning.

Back