The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Discarded Winch, possibly used for hauling fishing boats or catch up the beach from the sea. In the background you can see many other things scattered around the beach with some of them having just been Left Behind.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

I've deliberately tried to think outside the box as they say with this snap by pushing the contrast and one or two other things to give it a more desolate gritty feel without adding noise/grain and other effects etc.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/350th @ F8, ISO-200, Monopod.
Things Left Behind (12)-03249by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

That creates interest and begs questions. Nice.

Okay, had a minor revalation today... I've previously discounted the 5fps electronic shutter on the X-T2. Read an article somewhere that showed horrendous jello effect and I've never touched it... So, I'm at RIAT today and not particularly enjoying the EVF blackout, especially after using an A9 for a while. So I thought I'd give this mode a go... Now, it's certainly not blackout free but the EVF feed is uninterrupted so for me it's far far better for tracking, and the best thing? Well I haven't seen any jello effect anywhere yet! So wish I had tried this mode a hell of a lot earlier!

Edit: Spoke too soon, just had a weirdly shaped aircraft :D back to the mechanical shutter which also works at 5fps so all good.

Last edited:
Whats the general consensus of using the back-button focus rather than the normal shutter button when using the XT2 along with the 100-400? As of yet, but I will soon, I've not tried it for BIF's which is my usual targets when the 100-400 is attached.
From my reading in other forums, proponents of BBF often think they are Better Than You for doing so. If you don't have difficulty in keeping the shutter button half-depressed, it probably isn't worth it.

Ladies and Gents - anybody know what the change to magnification and working distance is from adding a teleconverter (1.4x or 2x) to the 80mm ?

Had a quick Google but nothing really definitive leaping out at me...

Cheers :)
Right just in case anybody is interested... I bought a 1.4tc and did a few tests:

1. 80mm on its own: Working Distance at 1:1 = 10cm
2. 80mm + 1.4tc: Working Distance at 1:1 = 12.5 cm
3. 80mm + 1.4tc: Working Distance at 1.33:1 = 10cm (maximum magnification)
4. 80mm + 1.4tc + Raynox150 at 2:1 = 6cm

So the 1.4tc definitely helps with greater working distance as I had hoped and also greater magnification as expected (Whereas the Raynox lets you gets closer but kills the working distance) :)

Don`t normally shoot critters, but had to have a go at these, as they were everywhere, and hadn`t used the macro hardly at all ...

Blue on Green by Paulie-W, on Flickr

“Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, well composed with beautiful colours.(y)

George.

Can anyone shed any light/advice please on a small problem that's just occurred with my XT1 body;

Hard to explain, but here goes;
Whenever you shoot any photos and then go view them afterwards on rear screen it either goes into thumbnails and not the next size up where you can move onto the next photo etc.........very annoying. Any ideas.......?

This has only started to happen outta the blue for no reason, I've used a SD card which was formatted via a laptop and also via the XT1 body etc.

My XT1 body and all XF lenses have the latest firmware updates.

Any advice appreciated!
Peter

Can anyone shed any light/advice please on a small problem that's just occurred with my XT1 body;

Whenever you shoot any photos and then go view them afterwards on rear screen it either goes into thumbnails and not the next size up where you can move onto the next photo etc.........very annoying. Any ideas.......?

This has only started to happen outta the blue for no reason, I've used a SD card which was formatted via a laptop and also via the XT1 body etc.

Any advice appreciated!
Peter
If I remember rightly you can choose the view size by cycling the View/Display button bottom left. It’s a while since I had an XT1 so I’m a bit hazy about which button it is.

Any advice appreciated!
Peter

When viewing the snaps try rotating the rear wheel to the right, this should bring them up to the next larger display size, moving the wheel to the left should reduce them to the next smaller display size.(y)

George.

Any advice appreciated!
Peter
Very weird. Can't get mine to do it... as others have said moving the control wheel zooms in and out to that view, but mine doesn't start in that view... pressing the display button cycles between info overlay, no info, favourites, and details view with a smaller thumbnail, but not the thumbnail list view...

Love the colours. Arrived in Hull last night so may pop out tomorrow.

We were only there for a solicitors appointment and could only stop a few hours, I was impressed with the old town, and will be going back.

Gosh, Hull looks a bit better than when I used to work there in the 70s

City of culture last year, I think some money has been spent over the last few years.
I went there once, it was closed....

The old town was lovely and we enjoyed a very nice lunch by Princes Quay.

Princes Quay Hull by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

One from Sheffield Park Station, Bluebell Railway ... Got a bit lucky with the reflection ;)

Reflected Guard by Paulie-W, on Flickr
Opportune or skill; either way I like it. I suspect the latter. The gent seated in the dark of the compartment adds interest, and the exposure is perfect.

Opportune or skill; either way I like it. I suspect the latter. The gent seated in the dark of the compartment adds interest, and the exposure is perfect.

Thank you Stephen (y)

Did this one couple of weeks ago on our trip to Flatford Mill. This is a large country house on the other side of the road. Despite blue skies and strong greens, it looks better in Acros +Y.

Country House by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Nice looking gaff, although those low level stumps would play havoc with my bumpers ;)
Sweet conversion, and like it in mono.

Testing the electronic shutter .... 1/32000 `kin unreal :eek:

Pink by Paulie-W, on Flickr

The reflection definitively makes it, Personally I'd crop it square losing all the left hand side and concentrate on the door.

Good shout. I`ll have a look at that, cheers Richard (y)

Nice looking gaff, although those low level stumps would play havoc with my bumpers ;)
Sweet conversion, and like it in mono.

Unless your car is 20ft wide (or you can't drive) I think your bumpers will be safe :D

Unless your car is 20ft wide (or you can't drive) I think your bumpers will be safe :D

Haha I was thinking more of 3 point turns, with those low stumps ... But my little fiat 500 would probably be able to make it in one ;)

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, and the reflection lucky or not works really well.(y)

George.

Thank you George :)

Cracking shot, and the reflection just adds that little bit of special

Cheers Steve :)

Back