Edit My Images:
    No
  2. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    IBIS is the big one this time for me. I know if they implemented it into the T3, they'd never sell the H1, it would also have made the body bigger but I don't think that would really bother many people?

3. wack61

wack61 I've got an itchy hatch

Name:
    Darren
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well that didn't go as well as I hoped, took the 7d in for them to check the condition , initial impressions were good , until he opened the card door , bent pin I hadn't noticed , it can't be one that's used as it works perfectly as he found out when he tested it but they refused it as faulty, oh well I'm have to wait until it's been out a while to see if they offer anything else or the market gets flooded with X-T2's and the price falls through the floor

4. snerkler

snerkler

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'd choose the X-H1 over the XT3 for the ergonomics (y)

Stephen L and trevorbray like this.
  5. trevorbray

trevorbray

Name:
    Trevor
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Bummer

6. Adamsk1

Adamsk1

Name:
    Adam
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Still in two minds, maybe you guys could assist in my decision...

I have an X-T2, has it since launch and I love the camera. It’s my first ‘good’ camera and I chose it mainly because as I’m learning, having the manual dials has been very beneficial. Since I’ve had it I’ve taken it on holidays and events but I also use it to film quite a lot - I am slowly building a career as a screenwriter and I’ve found that creating little shorts of my work has been essential.

I find the camera performs very well and when it doesn’t, like not focusing on moving subjects etc, I think it’s more user error than anything else.

Lens wise, I only have the XF18-55, which is usually always on the camera, and the lesser quality XC 55-230 for the very rare times I need such a zoom (although I find the quality of that lens pretty poor so I usually don’t bother).

So obviously I’ve been looking at getting more lenses. Then the X-T3 comes out.

I’ve got about £500 to spend so I could trade my camera and grip in and use the money for the X-T3, which is appealing to have the latest camera, better low light, AF and a new warranty.

Or I could get some new glass.

Really don’t know. Part of me knows a nice prime or replacing the XC is probably more beneficial overall but these good trade deals won’t last very long...

7. LC2

LC2

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  8. Craikeybaby

Craikeybaby

Name:
    Lewis
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Glass for sure!

dave.hallett, Adamsk1 and Dave70D like this.
  9. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    FujiDaveXX
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Had a couple of hours to kill today, so went to take some photos of the vocalists. X-T2 + XF 90mm f2.

[​IMG]Ivana by Dave, on Flickr

[​IMG]Louis by Dave, on Flickr

10. LC2

LC2

Name:
    Tim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @Adamsk1 Nothing wrong with the XF18-55 and it has IS, which the 16-50 doesn't.
    The XC could be bettered, but the XF55-200 is about £650 new and the lovely 50-140 about £1.3k, so above your budget.

Question is, would the improved (we've yet to see real world reviews) AF of the X-T3 be the killer feature? Only you'ii know that, and not for a while yet.

Adamsk1 likes this.
  11. wack61

wack61 I've got an itchy hatch

Name:
    Darren
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm looking at an X-T3 because it'd be my 1st proper mirrorless camera and it's new on the market , if I had a X-T2 and standard lenses I'd upgrade the lenses without question

A new body won't improve the lenses you have but better glass will improve the pictures from the body you have

When cameras had a few megapixels I watched as people spent a small fortune upgrading their body because it had 2 more megapixels but they were still using cheap sigma zooms and wondering why the pictures were crap even though they had more megapixels

Spend the £500 on a prime focal length that suits what you shoot most of, you won't regret it

12. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    FujiDaveXX
    Edit My Images:
    No

I`d say get the XF 35mm f2, a fantastic little lens, pin sharp and fast as hell.

Phiggys and Adamsk1 like this.
  13. Adamsk1

Adamsk1

Name:
    Adam
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks all. Guess it’s only a tough decision because of the trade in bonus. The X-T3 will never be as cheap as it will be in the first month due to that.

Glass makes more sense I guess and I do still have some learning to do with the X-T2.

Another thing I want to start is some YouTube film reviews or maybe demoing some of my guitar gear (maybe if I hadn’t have spend money on a ‘58 reissue Les Paul I’d Have money for lenses!) and I’ve heard the Face AF can’t be relied on with the X-T2 and that the face/eye is MUCH better on the X-T3. In some of the previews I’ve seen them use it and it does focus very well in this regard.

14. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    If you're not bothered with video, I don't think there's going to be as much of a difference between the T2 and 3 as early previewers made out. After seeing some early sample images, though only Jpeg SOOC, I can't see much improvement in low light. AF might be better, but end result ...

15. Adamsk1

Adamsk1

Name:
    Adam
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I AM bothered about video but I don’t think my Mac could take 4K 60 10bit in Final Cut!

16. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    My i7 Acer struggles with 4K too, and I only shoot it in 24fps. It'll be fine for a bit, but if I have a bunch of clips to edit together it does choke up. If you do shoot video a lot then the 3 is worth it, I'm more suggesting to those who do stills only. I would still await full on reviews .

17. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    The improved xt3 AF is a huge benefit for stills. That alone will make it a great update for some.

chrism_scotland likes this.
  18. psybear

psybear

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    But we don't know that for sure just yet. Any amount of 'previews' and 'first impressions' out there but I've yet to read (or watch) a comprehensive review showing marked improvements in performance over the X-T2 with the necessary supporting evidence .

19. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
  20. macvisual

macvisual

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Regards the X-T3, think I'd leave looking at one until the dust settles til around next spring onwards and focus (excuse the pun) on quality Fooji glass.

The XF90mm f/2 excites me.........a lot, it would suit my style of photography.

Stephen L and Riz_Guru like this.
  21. Riz_Guru

Riz_Guru

Name:
    Riz
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The Fujinon 90mm f2.0 is an amazing lens, I still miss mine! :)

22. southernjessie

southernjessie

Name:
    SJ
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I had the XT2 and in your shoes I cannot see such a significant improvement to move to the XT3. If it had IBIS then yes definitely I would get it.

The XT3 is geared up for action and events. The XT2 wasn’t bad by any means at tracking, just not as good as some other cameras.

I would definitely get glass which you can use when you do upgrade.

23. snerkler

snerkler

Edit My Images:
    No
    That's interesting as when it was first launched I saw so many reviews stating how it matched DSLR etc, was it a case of the emperors new clothes then?

24. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    There is nothing 'wrong' with the X-T2 tracking, but its now 2 year old technology, and the world moves on, if the X-T3 has a much faster processor, then it is likely to be better at tracking (just as a later DSLR will be better at tracking than an older one).

snerkler likes this.
  25. southernjessie

southernjessie

Name:
    SJ
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Maybe it improved after the updates but I used it for tracking animals like tigers and it wasn't too bad at all.

snerkler likes this.
  26. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Outside of sports and fast moving wildlife, like BIF, what do we really need insane tracking for? I had the X-T1, which was way behind the X-T2 in terms of fast AF, and never found it wanting.

27. snerkler

snerkler

Edit My Images:
    No
    But that's exactly what these AF systems are for :confused:

28. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Previous Fuji tracking never quite matched the Best pro DSLR level. but it was far better than average DSLR offerings.
    Each iteration sees them improving and, right now, no doubt the XT3 is as good as it gets for a mirrorless APS., and would arguably equal top flight DSLR's.
    This is as it should be for any company that is continuously improving its technology.
    With Fuji you know that they will also upgrade their firmware on existing models with in the limitations of the hardware, so even existing owners are never left far behind. which adds to the confidence of new owners.

29. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

I know that smart ass, but how many of us here actually shoot sports and fast wildlife? outside of the odd casual occasion? The AF on the X-T1 was plenty good enough a few years back, now we 'need' much faster? Did ducks get an upgrade booster recently?

30. snerkler

snerkler

Edit My Images:
    No
    Me :p

31. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Show me Flickrs :D Show me something you shot recently that couldn't be done using the X-T2

32. Krow

Krow

Name:
    Do you really want to know?
    Edit My Images:
    No
    New GFX 50r specs have been released....maybe I should cancel the XT3 order?

macvisual likes this.
  33. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Sure, it's only $3K more, plus another $2 for one lens :D

34. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I’ve just bought another! Especially now I have an X-H1 for the stabilisation.

35. macvisual

macvisual

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm not sure which to choose from when I'm ready (?), the XF90mm f2 or the XF80mm macro f2.8 OIS

36. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If you don’t have IBIS I’d go for the 80mm. Otherwise the 90 plus a tube, assuming macro isn’t your main interest.

37. macvisual

macvisual

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    What differences will the GFX 50R have over the S, anyone know?

38. Sootchucker

Sootchucker

Name:
    Andrew
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Maybe a dumb question, but still toying with the idea of an X-T3. With that in mind, I contacted WEX as on their website they have listed an extra £200 trade in allowance for any working CSC/DSLR before the 30th September.

They have come back with a quote on my EM1 MK 1 and HLD7 Grip (which is in mint condition and I've not used for a year since getting the MK2), and whilst it's not great (not disastrous though), coupled with the additional £200 it starts to possibly make it worthwhile. Trouble is when you follow the links onto Fuji's website, the only promotions i can see are -

• Claim up to £175.00 on selected Fujifilm X series cameras and lenses
    • £450 trade in bonus on the Fuji GFX50s

I can't see anything about £200 additional trade in allowance on the X-T3's ?

Also, how would this work, as I guess all of WEX's initial X-T3 allowance is already spoken for, so assuming they couldn't' actually supply me with a camera until say October / November, how (or if) could you then claim the trade in bonus ? Don't fully understand how these work ?

39. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Unfortunately, when your primary subject is wildlife, things like focus acquisition, focus tracking, and FPS really do matter. I make do with the T2, but as they say, every little helps.

snerkler likes this.
  40. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sometimes (ie, the recent £200 off the X-H1) the dealers deducts the promotion amount from the invoice directly, other times you have to claim. Best to speak to the dealer for clarification.

Phiggys likes this.