1. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It should go live once the camera is released to stores on this link
    https://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/promotions

They will add it to this page once it's actually available to buy.
    https://fujifilm-promotions.com/gb/en/pages/promotion

Call WEX and ask about stock, I know Jessops will match WEX on the trade in and will not inspect your camera as thoroughly if you go into a store with it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  2. architectfadi

architectfadi

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I ve never had any issues with mine at tracking fast moving subjects. I would say it is way better than my Nikon D800 at tracking fast moving subjects but then again I wasn't expecting that from my D800.

snerkler likes this.
  3. Adamsk1

Adamsk1

Name:
    Adam
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks for all the help guys.

I am going to keep the X-T2, already a fabulous camera, and I’m now on the look out for the best prime I can get for £500, probably the 35mm F2

This actually gives me a good upgrade path as I’ll either go for the X-H2 when it’s eventually released as IBIS will be amazing for me, OR I’ll get the X-T3 when it comes down in price a bit, keeping my T2 for a second camera, which will help loads in my video shoots.

Cheers all.

4. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just wondering if you should go for a focal length outside that of your excellent 18-55? Depends on what you shoot, but if you’re very lucky you might get a used 10-24 within budget.

5. Craikeybaby

Craikeybaby

Name:
    Lewis
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    There is a lot to be said for a small, weather sealed prime, even within the range of a kit lens - I know I'll be getting the 23f2 or 35f2 next!

I'm pleased with this first picture of my little boy from my X-T2, although I guess my 5D would have made the background blurrier so the messy room would have been hidden...

[​IMG]
    Posing for Daddy’s new camera
    by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

jamiewednesday and Phiggys like this.
  6. snerkler

snerkler

Edit My Images:
    No
    Well that's a different thing, I would say (based on the reviews I've seen) that the XT2 does have a damn good AF system and is good for tracking and I would have been able to get all my sports and wildlife shots on the XT2. As Jelster pointed out though, every little helps (y)

But that wasn't your initial question :p

^^^ this. Clever tracking helps make up for my own inadequacies :LOL:

7. Adamsk1

Adamsk1

Name:
    Adam
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Good question. I would say that video is my primary function of the camera because that’s the only thing that helps me professionally (as said previously, as an aspiring screenwriter, creating short videos with actors to set a scene/showcase dialogue is become increasingly important). I don’t exactly burn through pages though so I probably only need this function 3-4 times yearly.

Most of its actual use is at social events I’m invited to, such as wedddings, birthdays etc and holidays. I do occasionally take it out locally or to London for some street style photography.

I’d want the prime for better DOF and low light performance. However your point about a wider zoom such as the 10-24 would provide me with the chance of better landscapes when setting my scenes in video and of course for holiday snaps. I’m guessing that lens has OIS too, which again would be great for my video shoots. Funnily enough my friend has tasked me with shooting a demo reel for his band (I took audio engineering at University so will be engineeering the tracks too) so that lens would also be useful there.

Hard decision - if I had the money I’d get all of the lenses! Haha

8. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You'll have to push the budget by £50-£100 but the XF16mm F1.4 might meet all your requirements, giving you a slightly wider option, and low light capability. It also has the capability of focusing close and has amazing IQ (one of the sharpest Fuji primes). Its also WR

There are a few s/h at dealers at around £600, and you might be lucky and find a private sale one for less.

chrism_scotland and macvisual like this.
  9. JYC

JYC

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Tried this at Oxford Street and they wouldn't budge :(

10. Craikeybaby

Craikeybaby

Name:
    Lewis
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Is it possible to use a 24hr clock, rather than am/pm, e.g. 15:35 instead of 3:35pm?

11. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza

Edit My Images:
    No
    Should canikon be worried about Fuji nevermind sony?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNh8ZnDNHcA

for Crop sensor i think so!

This guy has a point!

What a time to be in photography. i cant remember a time where there was more then just canikon to choose a really good camera now, be in FF or crop.

The likes of fuji, panasonic and Olympus have all stepped up in the mirrorless arena so its not just Sony that Canikon need to compete with!!

If i was going into a CROP sensor system i would definetly choose fuji ahead of canikon

I am sooo tempted by that xt3 as a mess around camera

trevorbray and Riz_Guru like this.
  12. Riz_Guru

Riz_Guru

Name:
    Riz
    Edit My Images:
    No
    If i went CROP again it would be without hesitation a Fuji and probably a XT-3 :D

13. Raymond Lin

Raymond Lin

Name:
    Raymond
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Still have 23/1.4, 35/1.4 and 56/1.2.......it makes sense to actually get a X-T3 to use them to their fullest.

Riz_Guru likes this.
  14. snerkler

snerkler

Edit My Images:
    No
    Fuji’s are hard to look past for sure. I still don’t think the ergonomics of the XT series are right for use with larger lenses though and think the XH series are better in this regards. The XH2 should be a belter (y)

Phiggys likes this.
  15. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Hold that thought :rolleyes:

Phiggys and jonneymendoza like this.
  16. addicknchips

addicknchips

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    If you are happy with crop sensor and want mirrorless than Fuji is a no brainer. Great cameras and excellent glass.

17. psybear

psybear

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    No
  18. benhben

benhben

Name:
    Ben
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just reading the XT-3 early reviews and specs. Im interested in how the new sensor performs over the old one. Really tempted to upgrade.

One issue that really buggs me about my X-T2 is the RAW performence of X-Trans in lightroom. I know the RAW files need managing in a different way but even with this some shots, especially woodland scenes werent as pleasing to look at as my old Canon 70D. The XT-3 raw files arent viable with Adobe until they bring out an update apparently.

Interested to see if this performs any differnt with Lightroom/Photoshop or whether its just the same.

Anyone know how long Adobe usually takes to update the raw converter for a new sensor?

19. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Quite probably the 14mm I have just listed in the classifieds :)

20. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Adobe are usually pretty quick, either on the official day of release (20th) or very shortly afterwards. Fuji worked with Adobe with the X-T2, so I imagine that this has been done with the X-T3 as well.

21. Phiggys

Phiggys

Name:
    Phil aka Phiggys
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Love this capture just perfect with a great range of tones (y)

psybear likes this.
  22. macvisual

macvisual

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    psybear likes this.
  23. Harlequin565

Harlequin565

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It's my favourite lens bar none.
    [​IMG]
    Bolete?
    by Ian, on Flickr

Jelster, Phiggys, Manxmaid and 2 others like this.
  24. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just tried a file with Fuji RAW Converter and that doesn't work yet neither does Iridient X Transformer. Just seen there is a beta version of Adobe RAW 11, dpreview have used it on their sample images gallery.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  25. snerkler

snerkler

Edit My Images:
    No
    Unfortunately no software manages to handle the Xtrans files perfectly yet, even irident, and I can't see why the new sensor in the XT3 would be any different tbh. I keep praying for Fuji to back to bayer but I can't ever see that happening now. You can minimise the problem to the point it's barely visible at normal viewing sizes.

26. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Don't start! :D. Not all of us see any issue with Fuji raw files in Lightroom. The best way to deal with sharpening raw files in LR is to do nothing. Accept whatever defaults Adobe have set for the relevant Fuji raw, and all will be well. They don't NEED sharpening.

27. trevorbray

trevorbray

Name:
    Trevor
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I love the Fuji jpeg. If I ever process a RAW I turn off all sharpening unless I print the picture.
    Even then I find minimal is enough.

28. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I'm heading that way after the weekend, some of my jpegs out of the XH-1 were better than the RAW's (waits patiently for Mr P to tell him he's useless at pp then) :D

trevorbray and Mr Perceptive like this.
  29. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :D:D:D

You all need to remember that the 'no sharpening' applies to X-Trans3 (not early X-Trans sensors). You'll all be ahead of me with X-Trans4 as I've not ordered an X-T3, I'm waiting for the GFX50R release and some proper reviews and images from you guys with the X-T3 before making my mind up (its all a bit mature for me!!)

Stick with X-T2, or GFX50S or GFX50R or X-T3 (the X100F is going nowhere!!). The IQ of the X-T3 would have to blow me away for me to make the jump, the extra £100 I'd save by pre-ordering is nothing compared to getting the wrong camera!!!!

30. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Wash your mouth out sir, there's no such thing as a wrong Fuji :D

Mr Perceptive and Stephen L like this.
  31. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Technically its Fujifilm not Fuji :p but I agree, I will be staying brand loyal :):fuji:

imattersuk and Riz_Guru like this.
  32. Riz_Guru

Riz_Guru

Name:
    Riz
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I am liking the Fuji XT-3 but... :D lol :sony:

33. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    We need an "I love Glass Cabinets" Emoji, yesterday you were talking about a Leica Q, if you visit a Leica store you'll be right at home as everything is in glass cabinets :D:D:D

Riz_Guru and imattersuk like this.
  34. Riz_Guru

Riz_Guru

Name:
    Riz
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I know, they look so lovely those cabinets..... I actually bought a display cabinet for my Sony gear but then that idea came to a thud when I released I have a 3 year old who would probably rip the cabinet off the wall and make my G Master lenses look like metal road cones :D lol

35. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ask the Mrs for one of these for Xmas, perfect for every Sony fanboy :p:D
    https://bit.ly/2oZcElM

architectfadi likes this.
  36. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    PS3? Is that how long it takes them to make one that it's instantly out dated on completion? (Sounds like Canon doesn't it?)

imattersuk likes this.
  37. psybear

psybear

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Not sure that I agree that they don't need sharpening at all - I suppose it depends on your preferences - and to some degree your workflow. I have all sharpening in LR turned off by default (if you don't turn it off then the Adobe default settings will apply some sharpening) but I always work with my RAW files and I always finish them off in Photoshop. There I sharpen by using the High Pass filter method, and invariably with a radius of 2 pixels (whereas I would usually go to 3 pixels with my Nikon D800 files).

Each to their own of course, but this works for me.

38. Harlequin565

Harlequin565

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I got a bathroom cabinet from B&Q which holds all my glass. Best investment ever.

Stephen L and Riz_Guru like this.
  39. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I just keep them in the bathroom. With the coal.

Harlequin565 likes this.
  40. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    As you say, each to their own. I leave the Adobe settings for sharpening alone, but increase Clarity by up to 18. Only use PS for text layers. Bit of a waste, but it came free with LR!