The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have been offered £370 from WEX for my 5D 2, I think I can still get the £200 bonus on that which makes it well above what I could make in a private sale. Waiting to hear back from Jessops on their offer as I would much prefer to trade in over the counter.

I'm thinking of picking up either a 55-200 or 50-140 lens.

The 55-200 has had good reviews and as it's for my 'packing light' mountain trips the weight saving over the 50-140 would be nice (and it's a lot cheaper!). However, it's not weather sealed and I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience using this in rain or getting it wet? I watched a youtube video and the guy said he's never had a problem with it but.....

I have been offered £370 from WEX for my 5D 2, I think I can still get the £200 bonus on that which makes it well above what I could make in a private sale. Waiting to hear back from Jessops on their offer as I would much prefer to trade in over the counter.

Has anyone ever claimed a Fuji Trade in cashback offer before? Just reading the fuji site and it seems a rather drawn out process. Is it relitively simple?

Has anyone ever claimed a Fuji Trade in cashback offer before? Just reading the fuji site and it seems a rather drawn out process. Is it relitively simple?

The last time I did it the camera shop filled out the form, you wait 30 days (they do that to stop false claims ie returning the camera) then make the claim online...

Only probably is remembering to do it after 30 days :)

Called Jessops again and they've confirmed 20th for the first people who pre-ordered early.

First time using my Yongnuo 560III flashgun in years, I really haven't a clue regards the settings with off camera flash (??), trial and error and guesswork with me, shocking really. Took me an hour to sync it up after watching vids on youtube.......lol

Relaxing

Relaxing by APM Photography, on Flickr

XT1 | XF35mm f1.4 | iso 200 | at f1.4 | Yongnuo 560 III | handheld

Peter, the X-T2 is still a good, if not great camera still. The X-H1, if you can get a goodun, is an even better all rounder. For my 16-55 its like having a new lens. When the X-H2 comes out, probably first quarter of next year, I'll be first in line. For me the only thing lacking in the X-T3 is IBIS, but in life, you sometimes cannot have everything. The X-H2 when it does finally appear, will be darn close though. My 2p's worth.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of one of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been Left To Rot. Behind the boat is one of the old railway lines that were used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach from the sea.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/1250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Just Tad Of Fill Flash To Brighten The Hull, Monopod.
Things Left Behind (16) (Dungeness)-03253 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I would suggest Fuji X cameras have reached a high point that no film camera could ever achieve.
We have come to the point where new models are so advanced that they offer abilities probably not even dreamed about by many photographers only five years ago.
this has produced an almost limitless supply of GAS to compensate.
And Fuji are happy to oblige.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of one of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been Left To Rot. Behind the boat is one of the old railway lines that were used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach from the sea.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/1250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Just Tad Of Fill Flash To Brighten The Hull, Monopod.

George.

one of my old stomping grounds of days gone by... that boat was probably afloat on my first visit .....sad

one of my old stomping grounds of days gone by... that boat was probably afloat on my first visit .....sad

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

Peter, the X-T2 is still a good, if not great camera still. The X-H1, if you can get a goodun, is an even better all rounder. For my 16-55 its like having a new lens. When the X-H2 comes out, probably first quarter of next year, I'll be first in line. For me the only thing lacking in the X-T3 is IBIS, but in life, you sometimes cannot have everything. The X-H2 when it does finally appear, will be darn close though. My 2p's worth.
I can hang on until spring/summer next year for the new X-H3's arrival.

Great CS from Fuji
I emailed them having a rant about the flash sync cap, and its fragility in place (I lost mine), and they`re sending out a free replacement (y) I doubt that would have happened with Nikon.

George.
I do like the contrast you’ve got from this shot despite shooting into the light.

Great CS from Fuji
I emailed them having a rant about the flash sync cap, and its fragility in place (I lost mine), and they`re sending out a free replacement (y) I doubt that would have happened with Nikon.

Some years ago, I lost the HS cover on my F80. A call to Nikon service dept saw 2 in an envelope on my doorstep a couple of days later. Similar tales from others re FS caps and other small items. Not sure the same would happen now but it did back then!

Some years ago, I lost the HS cover on my F80. A call to Nikon service dept saw 2 in an envelope on my doorstep a couple of days later. Similar tales from others re FS caps and other small items. Not sure the same would happen now but it did back then!

Back in the day CS was key. Unfortunately not so much nowadays ;)

I do like the contrast you’ve got from this shot despite shooting into the light.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

George.

I'm gonna try multi task this Saturday (22nd September) as a part-time Fuji wedding shooter as myself and Ishbel are getting married (actually renewing our wedding vows), we got married in hospital July last year as I was going through my leukemia treatment etc and couldn't do the full event properly, so this Saturday we're doing it all over again.........full version......lol

I've a close/great friend who's coming over from Belfast and he's our main photographer using his Nikon D500 kit and I'll be using my full Fuji setup as much as I can on the day, awkward being the groom I know, but hope to shoot/capture/document as much as I can with my XT1/XP1 and glass on the day.
I was testing out my Yongnuo 560 III flashgun today, although my off camera flash skills are poor, it'll be trial and error stuff with me.

Watch this space . . .

:)

Simple questions - on APS/C, for grad filters, hard or soft? And if you had to choose just one, which strength?

It depends a bit on the system you’re using. The graduation change on lee 75mm system is quite different to their 100mm system for example. And then of course it depends what you’re shooting.

On full frame 100mm system I’m fine with hard and soft. If I was using it on apsc I’d maybe choose medium and very hard. If 75mm system, hard and soft. You get the gist.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

George.

It all depends on situation. Medium in 100mm Lee are my go to, which are the same as soft in the Seven5 size. I haven't had use for very hard yet, but hard has been pretty useful. Avoid hitech's idea of soft whatever you do, it's practically a plain ND!

It depends a bit on the system you’re using. The graduation change on lee 75mm system is quite different to their 100mm system for example. And then of course it depends what you’re shooting.

On full frame 100mm system I’m fine with hard and soft. If I was using it on apsc I’d maybe choose medium and very hard. If 75mm system, hard and soft. You get the gist.
I did have the Lee Se7en5 system but found it vignetted on my 10-24; my favourite lens. I realise it’s not a one size fits all. But thanks for your reply. :)

Yes very simple. My trade in was for a D200 for an XT1 back in the day with WEX. Very Simple.

Last edited:
They had one in Jessops Kingston (with the 8-16mm) when I was there trading my body in on Sunday.

It’s basically the same as the X-T2 and you probably won’t notice stuff like improved AF when testing in store...

Yes, I think I need to.
for occasional use you can use 75mm with the 10-24, but you can't use a filter holder, you have to hold it right against the front of the lens by the edges. It's a lot easier with the 100mm though, even if that looks ridiculous on the front of a 35mm!

Back