The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

If there are lock up issues after this update - it won’t look good at all. The x system will start to get a very bad rep if there are widespread reports of problems like the x-h1 has faced.

Yes but if you-tube wannabe reviewers actually used cards from the recommended lists in their sample cameras, there would have been fewer reported issues!!!! I expect we might see the same the X-T3, as you need quick cards to do 4K at 60fps, and some of the other burst mode stuff.

Did you have to leave a deposit? Refundable igf you decide not to go ahead?

No. Guys in Park basically went through with the order, got a quote on potential trade in options. They said they would call me today if there are units available (which they think there will be). I then have the option to either go and collect and pay and take home the camera or decline and leave it. Park also quoted significantly higher value for my gear than jessops did.

Have to say that after being in jessops a few minutes before going into park, the difference in customer service experience is like night and day.

If there are lock up issues after this update - it won’t look good at all. The x system will start to get a very bad rep if there are widespread reports of problems like the x-h1 has faced.

I do not see issues that can be fixed, or improvements that can be incorporated via a firmware update, as a negative issue.
I suspect there are always minor issues that come to light between dispatch from the factory and the launch of a new model.
in the past most manufacturers did nothing about it at all, except fix where possible the guarantee repairs that resulted. firmware updates in existing models were as rare as hens teeth.

From the start, Fuji have taken a positive attitude to firmware updates, and not only fixed problems but even more generously incorporated any improvements that might become possible within the scope of the existing "Hardware". this has endeared them to very many photographers.

Just got out of jessops, gave me more for my 5D2 than they quoted online!
Order placed and will be available for collection tomorrow. :banana:

No. Guys in Park basically went through with the order, got a quote on potential trade in options. They said they would call me today if there are units available (which they think there will be). I then have the option to either go and collect and pay and take home the camera or decline and leave it. Park also quoted significantly higher value for my gear than jessops did.

Have to say that after being in jessops a few minutes before going into park, the difference in customer service experience is like night and day.
Jessops on Oxford Street were useless...

Park are good but their trade in prices weren’t as competitive as Jessops once I went to the Kingston branch

I do not see issues that can be fixed, or improvements that can be incorporated via a firmware update, as a negative issue.
I suspect there are always minor issues that come to light between dispatch from the factory and the launch of a new model.
in the past most manufacturers did nothing about it at all, except fix where possible the guarantee repairs that resulted. firmware updates in existing models were as rare as hens teeth.

From the start, Fuji have taken a positive attitude to firmware updates, and not only fixed problems but even more generously incorporated any improvements that might become possible within the scope of the existing "Hardware". this has endeared them to very many photographers.

Making improvements and fixing bugs, along with Fuji’s generals commitment to upgrading the camera via firmware is clearly a positive. i didn’t dispute that.

I also know that some of the issues people have seen have been due to wrong cards being used. Sadly this is not always the case and it does seem that some of the recent models have suffered.

Issues with the camera that are only fixed by removing the batteries are not ones that I’d like to see being reported going forward.

The eagle has landed, batteries were charging this morning so will have a play when I'm home from work this evening..

Jessops on Oxford Street were useless...

Park are good but their trade in prices weren’t as competitive as Jessops once I went to the Kingston branch
I find the customer service from Jessops on Oxford Street horrendous. Park hsve fantastic service though.

I don’t know why people are surprised at generally poor service from Jessops. Even in their first iteration, the few knowledgable and helpful staff had used Jessops purely as a steppingstone to get into photographic retail before moving on to a proper camera dealers. That is, before Jessops wiped them out in most towns by flooding the place, eg, Leeds.

She's here :)

44083273564_94b6fe0391_b.jpg

Last edited:
Mines arrived! Tried my Xpro W126 battery and although it works camera states a warning that it will deplete rapidly and boost function limited. Some problems updating firmware (which I have done many previous Fuji's) Even though its on the memory card the camera wont find it!. Ill try with full Fuji battery. On quick check focus does seem faster than XT2. Will update you all.

Mines arrived! Tried my Xpro W126 battery and although it works camera states a warning that it will deplete rapidly and boost function limited. Some problems updating firmware (which I have done many previous Fuji's) Even though its on the memory card the camera wont find it!. Ill try with full Fuji battery. On quick check focus does seem faster than XT2. Will update you all.
Obvious question, but have you got the card in slot 1?

Update. Dont think it was to do with the expro battery not been able to update. Problem appears to have been when I formatted card in camera it added a DAT file. Although different to the firmware update it confused the camera. Formatting card on computer sorted it.

Does anyone know if there are any particular SD cards to look at, or even ones to avoid?
From what I have read up, 4K video puts the most demand on the SD card and for that anything with a constant write speed of 30MBs or above is adequate, in that respect a sandisk extreme should be fine and going up to an extreme pro will only benefit transferring to the PC.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ex...&qid=1537454144&sr=1-6&keywords=sd+cards+64gb

Are other brands worth looking at or are there reliability issues? A Toshiba 64GN SDXC U3 card can be had for £15 which is peanuts. I have been using the same handful of sandisk CF cards for the last 10 years or so, so I am a little behind in what's what.

Update. Dont think it was to do with the expro battery not been able to update. Problem appears to have been when I formatted card in camera it added a DAT file. Although different to the firmware update it confused the camera. Formatting card on computer sorted it.
Hmm. Glad it's sorted, but I always only format the cards in camera. I keep a labelled card specially for firmware (control freak!). Maybe the update didn't go into root for some reason?

Does anyone know if there are any particular SD cards to look at, or even ones to avoid?
From what I have read up, 4K video puts the most demand on the SD card and for that anything with a constant write speed of 30MBs or above is adequate, in that respect a sandisk extreme should be fine and going up to an extreme pro will only benefit transferring to the PC.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ex...&qid=1537454144&sr=1-6&keywords=sd+cards+64gb

Are other brands worth looking at or are there reliability issues? A Toshiba 64GN SDXC U3 card can be had for £15 which is peanuts. I have been using the same handful of sandisk CF cards for the last 10 years or so, so I am a little behind in what's what.
I use only Sandisk Extreme 90 Mbps, with no problems. Never use video, though, and rarely motor drive.

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/compatibility/card/x/

Some early jpeg's from the X-T3 (nothing special, just a quick walk around my village). All at default settings (so no changes to dynamic range, colour etc) and aside from cropping are pretty much straight out of camera. In LR 100% zoom shows very crisp and clear. B/W are acros and colour are classic chrome, all with the 35 f2

Still getting used to it a bit, although it feels pretty familiar to the X-T10 obviously, but the AF is super snappy and the manual focus micro-prism is ace!

First impressions... AF is is super quick and accurate, slightly larger grip makes it handle better (90% of my stuff is in portrait orientation), firmware update by the smartphone app is spot on, feels and looks very well made.

Happy bunny. :)

I asked WEX to keep my XT3 with them until we finalise the trade-in. They have collected my XT2 this morning so I won't have my XT3 not until next week. Looking at the silver camera above I m not sure which colour to go for [emoji849] what a nice problem to have [emoji16]

I chose the black one this time round but I loved how my silver one looked before.

Anyone buy the grip? Does make it really comfortable to hold. A subtle change from the t2.

£300 just to hold some batteries and not add any boost functionality is a bit of a knock though. I guess the other brands charge similar so I guess it makes sense for Fuji to price it high.

Is there a DNG converter or something to view the RAW files until lightroom is updated. When I got my D850 I used a DNG converter so wondering if there is something similar for Fuji?

Anyone buy the grip? Does make it really comfortable to hold. A subtle change from the t2.

£300 just to hold some batteries and not add any boost functionality is a bit of a knock though. I guess the other brands charge similar so I guess it makes sense for Fuji to price it high.

Isn't there a £100 off offer in some places?

Had a bit of a surprise today when I got this, wasn't expecting it until next week (sorry for pic from phone) :)

XT3.jpg

I picked up the 55-200 to try also, I'm hoping I'll be happy with it because the weight saving for my mountain trips etc will be handy.

I`ve been looking at the reviews on this cracker, thinking about a trade in my self :)

PS: The Acros film sim looks bloody good too.

Just put my X-T20 and both XC lenses in and the power booster plus XF 18-55mm in trade to Jessops as if I get enough I will get the X-T3 :)

Last edited:
Back