The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Anyone buy the grip? Does make it really comfortable to hold. A subtle change from the t2.

£300 just to hold some batteries and not add any boost functionality is a bit of a knock though. I guess the other brands charge similar so I guess it makes sense for Fuji to price it high.

Yeah I bought the grip, as I am mainly a studio shooter then it is essential for me, it improves handling, lets me shoot for longer and yes it is more comfortable to hold and an improvement over the XT2.

All those with the XT3 enjoy, I was tempted but decided on a used XT2 instead as I don't do video or fast action so meets my needs. The money I saved went towards a 10-24 and 35 f2.View attachment 134822

Probably a wise choice. In most cases good glass trumps a body upgrade. I think I will cancel my xt3 reservation. Can’t think of when I’d need the xtra FPS. Haven’t seen much on image quality improvements to really tempt me. The improved af is nice - but think I’ll let the dust settle and await real world feedback over the next few months. Ideally an xh1 is a better fit for me.

Probably a wise choice. In most cases good glass trumps a body upgrade. I think I will cancel my xt3 reservation. Can’t think of when I’d need the xtra FPS. Haven’t seen much on image quality improvements to really tempt me. The improved af is nice - but think I’ll let the dust settle and await real world feedback over the next few months. Ideally an xh1 is a better fit for me.

Whilst I so far have enjoyed my XT3, I wouldn't be so fast to upgrade from a XT2/XT20 to be fair.

I'd skip this generation and buy invest in glass or better yet take a holiday to actually use the camera. Whilst my XT10 has served me well for the last 3/4 years I just wanted a little more but it could have lasted me another 2/3 years to be fair.

So my advice is cancel the reservation and book a weekend trip away!

Whilst I so far have enjoyed my XT3, I wouldn't be so fast to upgrade from a XT2/XT20 to be fair.

I'd skip this generation and buy invest in glass or better yet take a holiday to actually use the camera. Whilst my XT10 has served me well for the last 3/4 years I just wanted a little more but it could have lasted me another 2/3 years to be fair.

So my advice is cancel the reservation and book a weekend trip away!

Just saw your post, do you think it would be better to trade my X-T20 and both XC lenses for the XF56mm ?
As I only want just one camera.

Last edited:
Dave, you do a lot of street portraiture. So you might actually benefit from the improved face / eye detection. It's one of the things making me wonder about the upgrade (for my cosplay shots).

Bored of your 90mm already?

I could never get bored of the 90mm, was just thinking the 56mm would go well together with the 90mm.

Just saw your post, do you think it would be better to trade my X-T20 and both XC lenses for the XF56mm ?
As I only want just one camera.

My 2p - some points

The faster AF and improved Face/Eye Detection of the X-T3 might be a benefit
The 90mm is fantastic and renders beautifully
The 56mm is a little pedestrian in AF, so might benefit more from the X-T3 (Catch-22)
The 90mm is fantastic and just a superb lens
The 56mm is actually quite difficult to shoot wide open at F1.2, as the slightest movement of you or your subject puts the image out of focus, the 50mm F2 might be a better option and it has WR
The 90mm is a very special lens
Everything at F2 on the 90mm is rendered just beautifully.

The only disadvantage of the 90mm is that its difficult to use indoors, due to the focal length.

But given your kit list (and desire for one camera) couldn't you trade in X-T2, X-T20 and both XC lenses for X-T3 and 50/56 ?? That way you can have your cake and eat it.

I could never get bored of the 90mm, was just thinking the 56mm would go well together with the 90mm.

Go into store and have a play around, see if you like the equipment. Ask yourself if it'll benefit greatly or not at all. My XT10 was starting to have problems in the climates I travel to so I pulled the trigger and got the XT3

My 2p - some points

The faster AF and improved Face/Eye Detection of the X-T3 might be a benefit
The 90mm is fantastic and renders beautifully
The 56mm is a little pedestrian in AF, so might benefit more from the X-T3 (Catch-22)
The 90mm is fantastic and just a superb lens
The 56mm is actually quite difficult to shoot wide open at F1.2, as the slightest movement of you or your subject puts the image out of focus, the 50mm F2 might be a better option and it has WR
The 90mm is a very special lens
Everything at F2 on the 90mm is rendered just beautifully.

The only disadvantage of the 90mm is that its difficult to use indoors, due to the focal length.

But given your kit list (and desire for one camera) couldn't you trade in X-T2, X-T20 and both XC lenses for X-T3 and 50/56 ?? That way you can have your cake and eat it.

Thanks for that David, trade the T20/T2 and XC lot for a T3 and 50mm.

Go into store and have a play around, see if you like the equipment. Ask yourself if it'll benefit greatly or not at all. My XT10 was starting to have problems in the climates I travel to so I pulled the trigger and got the XT3

Thank you, I am in town today so will pop in to Jessops.

Anyone with an X-T3 got any early reviews? Have you managed to shoot and edit and RAWS? What is the IQ like compared to X-T2?

I'm tempted (although I really dont need one) whilst the £200 trade in bonus is still in place. None of the online stores are showing it as in stock yet.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm looking to see seem samples too that aren't taken under beautifully set up lighting by Fuji. Some out and about shots would be great.

Last edited:
Thanks for that David, trade the T20/T2 and XC lot for a T3 and 50mm.

Thank you, I am in town today so will pop in to Jessops.
If you can avoid it please don't go to Jessops, they messed up my order and I went to park camera and managed to have a great experience buying one last night.

If you can avoid it please don't go to Jessops, they messed up my order and I went to park camera and managed to have a great experience buying one last night.

Our Jessops here in town have been fantastic with me and trade, in the past they matched and gave me more when I traded Canon for Fuji.

Yes, I'm looking to see seem samples too that aren't taken under beautifully set up lighting by Fuji. Some out and about shots would be great.

It always takes some time before we see sets of shots, taken during real working sessions, by independent amateur or professional photographers.
The hurried sample shots taken by selected Testers, using beta cameras, never show either the best or the worst that can be achieved, and always give a very poor impression of a camera's true abilities in real working conditions.

All those with the XT3 enjoy, I was tempted but decided on a used XT2 instead as I don't do video or fast action so meets my needs. The money I saved went towards a 10-24 and 35 f2.View attachment 134822

That’s a good decision in my book Sir, those two lenses are “Excellent”.(y)

George.

I missed out on the deal of the year locally, because I couldn't shift my G80 in time :( An XT2 with grip, 5 batteries [3 official] a Gariz leather half-case and leather strap - all for €650! [£580] - I'm so disgusted over it, couldn't manage to swing it because it's one of those big bill weeks, I actually could have done it next week no problem. The guy was genuine too, he would have given me time only he's heading away this weekend and was trading in the T2 for a T3 and needed to take it with. I'm taking it as a sign not to return to Fuji :D unless another steal like that pops up on a better week

I missed out on the deal of the year locally, because I couldn't shift my G80 in time :( An XT2 with grip, 5 batteries [3 official] a Gariz leather half-case and leather strap - all for €650! [£580] - I'm so disgusted over it, couldn't manage to swing it because it's one of those big bill weeks, I actually could have done it next week no problem. The guy was genuine too, he would have given me time only he's heading away this weekend and was trading in the T2 for a T3 and needed to take it with. I'm taking it as a sign not to return to Fuji :D unless another steal like that pops up on a better week

the bargains will continue to come don't worry about that.

I shall be keeping an eye out, it's all about timing for me, silly things like kids, food, bills etc getting in the way :D

well unless there is a desperate need for an upgrade just keep an eye out.
missed a mint x-pro 2 yesterday that sold for £640 - my starting bid of £629 was outbid right at the death.

missed a mint x-pro 2 yesterday that sold for £640 - my starting bid of £629 was outbid right at the death.
I'd give it a few weeks before pro2 and xt2s will plummet quite a bit, just have patience.

Nah that was just such good value it got me thinking about Fuji again. There's a lovely Xpro2 in classified atm for £750, going on the images it appears to be , as they say, 'mint'. Not my cuppa though, I had the pro1, not a fan of the ergonomics.

I'd give it a few weeks before pro2 and xt2s will plummet quite a bit, just have patience.

I don't see them dropping as much as some expect, I think they might drop a bit then stabilize, many are realising that the T3 is not the gigantic leap from the T2 that some reviewers would have you believe. Especially if you're not bothered about video.

If you put in a bid people can always snipe it.
I must admit that I snipe quite a lot, but even then it is easy enough to be out bid.
But sniping works more like sealed bids as you are putting in your maximum bid so although it always beats open bids, this is not always the case against other snipers.

Anyone with an X-T3 got any early reviews? Have you managed to shoot and edit and RAWS? What is the IQ like compared to X-T2?

I'm tempted (although I really dont need one) whilst the £200 trade in bonus is still in place. None of the online stores are showing it as in stock yet.

I posted some jpeg samples earler in the thread, no raw yet - still waiting for adobe to update LR :( - might have a go with silkypix tonight to convert to dng and then I can have a proper play.

How are those of you who got an XT3 getting on with it?

Had a good 3 hours out on the street this morning with it. Ergonomics are excellent coming from the XT10, extra function buttons very useful for me, although I'm struggling to get my eye as close to the eye cup and for the first few shots found I was looking slightly down through the viewfinder because of my big roman nose! Not a problem I remember witht the X-T10, but I've adapted already (I think!). Missed focus on a few early shots, but that was as much about me as anything else. Had to play about to get the EVF set so that I felt I was seeing an accurate representation. Autofocus is pretty snappy, although it did hunt on a few occasions when the light changed quickly from light to very dark. Metering feels slightly different too, but can't put finger on how yet.

For a first outing though, pretty happy with it and sure it will only get better.

What a result in Jessops, they had a look at the X-T2 that I had with me today, just under £700 they quoted as its mint but all together the trade in will give me enough for X-T3 + XF 50mm f2 plus some money over :) So will own one camera and XF18-55mm XF 35mm XF90mm and the XF50mm will do for me, OH YES. Might go for the silver X-T3.

Last edited:
What a result in Jessops, they had a look at the X-T2 that I had with me today, just under £700 they quoted as its mint but all together the trade in will give me enough for X-T3 + XF 50mm f2 plus some money over :) So will own one camera and XF18-55mm XF 35mm XF90mm and the XF50mm will do for me, OH YES. Might go for the silver X-T3.

Better buy a satchel then

#SilverCamerasAreForHipsters
#BlackCamerasForPros

:D:D:D:D:D

Good result though......

A wee bit too dark, I would call that Gun-metal, but does look very snazzy #wouldbuyifhadanymoney

Yeah, I like it darker lol. Would love one in this shade. Loved my xt1 just wish theyd go Bayer and standard iso.

Yeah, I like it darker lol. Would love one in this shade. Loved my xt1 just wish theyd go Bayer and standard iso.

I missed the XT1 more than any other camera I sold over the years. I loved it with the grip attached, I took some of my own personal fav images past decade using that and the 35 1.4. I'm raging I missed out on that XT2 this week, but will be keeping an eye on the used market. A T-2 is plenty enough for me but I would want the grip, and they are still too pricey for my liking [the grip that is]. I still have that niggle about the sensor type though, it was one of the reasons I switched instead of upgrading at the time. The T2 might be a little more prone to it than he T1 was [I never really had the issue, more going by what others showed on here and elsewhere] But I rarely do landscape when I think on it, which is why I didn't find the issue so much personally.

Also yes to the colour! They should do a Gun-Metal, it even sounds cooler.

I missed the XT1 more than any other camera I sold over the years. I loved it with the grip attached, I took some of my own personal fav images past decade using that and the 35 1.4. I'm raging I missed out on that XT2 this week, but will be keeping an eye on the used market. A T-2 is plenty enough for me but I would want the grip, and they are still too pricey for my liking [the grip that is]. I still have that niggle about the sensor type though, it was one of the reasons I switched instead of upgrading at the time. The T2 might be a little more prone to it than he T1 was [I never really had the issue, more going by what others showed on here and elsewhere] But I rarely do landscape when I think on it, which is why I didn't find the issue so much personally.

Also yes to the colour! They should do a Gun-Metal, it even sounds cooler.
I have a feeling that Meike do a 3rd party grip for the T2.

Back