The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Any advice please about upgrading from Adobe Lightroom version 5.7 to the newer Lightroom Classic v7.2...? I don't want/wish to upgrade to the Cloud version, can you actually buy an Adobe CD loaded with Classic v7.2...?

My new X-H1 files needs Adobe Classic v7.2 to open files properly, I'm presently using a temporary fix with Adobe DNG converter but can't access any Fuji film simulations.

Cheers;
Peter
This does pose an interesting question.
Can the Fuji Film Simulation profiles in LR be applied to other brand raw files or to .dng files as needed here?
I wonder if there is a conf file that can be tweaked to allow it...

Any advice please about upgrading from Adobe Lightroom version 5.7 to the newer Lightroom Classic v7.2...? I don't want/wish to upgrade to the Cloud version, can you actually buy an Adobe CD loaded with Classic v7.2...?

My new X-H1 files needs Adobe Classic v7.2 to open files properly, I'm presently using a temporary fix with Adobe DNG converter but can't access any Fuji film simulations.

Cheers;
Peter
I think LR6 is the latest you can go to without the cloud subscription. I have just cancelled my subscription and gone back to this, although it doesn't support my X100F, and won't support the XT-3 either, you need to convert the RAW files first, I use RAW converter to change them to DNG files and edit from there.

This does pose an interesting question.
Can the Fuji Film Simulation profiles in LR be applied to other brand raw files or to .dng files as needed here?
I wonder if there is a conf file that can be tweaked to allow it...
Not sure that would help much. The film simulations are LUT files. Designed to work from Fuji sensors. Even if they could be applied to other makers files. The result would end up looking quite different,
Just as 2 added to 5 gives a different result to 2 added to 7.

Its still in regular use to this very day Sir, and is only a very short distance from where I live when I’m in the UK.(y)

George.

My lare wife was born in the area and we moved back and lived in St Michaels Tenterden some 35 years.
Her family went back in Tenterden from the 14 century.

Anyone got the hand grip for their XT-3? I have had them on my XT-1 and XT-2. For the XT-1, I had the large metal grip which was real quality. For my XT-2 I bought the Meike grip which isn't bad at all for the price.

Jessops did try and sell me one, but I said don`t need one as I can clear 1500 shots and still have enough bars.

Jessops did try and sell me one, but I said don`t need one as I can clear 1500 shots and still have enough bars.
Thanks. I really meant the hand grip and not the vertical grip with the two batteries. The one I'm talking about gives a bigger grip than the camera's grip while still allowing you access to the battery, memory card and side door.

My lare wife was born in the area and we moved back and lived in St Michaels Tenterden some 35 years.
Her family went back in Tenterden from the 14 century.

Its a small world Sir, our place it at “Stone” (Nr Appledore) which is very close to Tenterden.(y)

George.

Its a small world Sir, our place it at “Stone” (Nr Appledore) which is very close to Tenterden.(y)

George.

I know it well...have relations all over the marsh.

You are sort of blocked off from fairfield by the military canal and road, so have to go the long way round.

Last edited:
Thanks. I really meant the hand grip and not the vertical grip with the two batteries. The one I'm talking about gives a bigger grip than the camera's grip while still allowing you access to the battery, memory card and side door.

As I said earlier I wait for the 3rd party ones to appear, the Fuji grip is a lot of money for what it is. They vastly improve the handling though, I don't like using the camera without it.

As I said earlier I wait for the 3rd party ones to appear, the Fuji grip is a lot of money for what it is. They vastly improve the handling though, I don't like using the camera without it.
Agree. I think it's being confused with the vertical grip.

Anyway, it seems that the first 3rd party hand grip for the XT3 has appeared on eBay from China

I know it well...have relations all over the marsh.

You are sort of blocked off from fairfield by the military canal and road, so have to go the long way round.

That’s perfectly correct Sir, but there is a way more direct that we can cut through when walking, and is a very pleasant walk if the weathers not too bad.(y)

George.

So it has :banana:

There's also an X-T3 with 16-55 f2.8 and battery grip for £1800 or nearest offer... Cash only on collection... Hmmmm...
Hmm new member with only 1 feedback though, most UK retailers have 21-35 day returns policy.

There's also an X-T3 with 16-55 f2.8 and battery grip for £1800 or nearest offer... Cash only on collection... Hmmmm...

Take a BIG mate along for the ride!

Just spoke to the guy, first of all the lens is not new, he bought it all from Camera Centre Cardiff, paid £700 for the lens secondhand. He also wants to keep the receipt until 30 days have expired because he's claiming the £200 trade in bonus LOL

Cheers;
Peter
It’s not an immediate solution, but in the “Black Friday “ and similar sales on Amazon you can buy a years subscription to LR CC cheap. I paid £59. You don’t have to renew at the end.

Just spoke to the guy, first of all the lens is not new, he bought it all from Camera Centre Cardiff, paid £700 for the lens secondhand. He also wants to keep the receipt until 30 days have expired because he's claiming the £200 trade in bonus LOL
Chancer!

And that lens usually goes for about £550 used.

Ah, I thought it was all new, so 2 weeks old £2,450 worth of kit. I never trust anything on eBay that asks for cash payment. That and adding a phone number is against their rules anyway isn't it?

Last edited:
I'll admit I would be happier with this shot if it wasn't for the box on the back of the bike, which gets in the way a bit. But the light is unusual. People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing that they like... :)

At the lights
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nice David, I would have been tempted to crop out the car though, I'm sure you left it in for a reason, maybe that light and shadow? Maybe for perspective? I'd crop it out, but it's your image, and it's great all the same. BTW, the box doesn't bother me at all, I like how it captures the lighting

Last edited:
Can someone with an X-T3 and uses Capture One try something.

Under shooting settings Turn Sports Finder Mode ON
Take some photos in RAW
Import into Capture One

On import all of the images appear completely purple - something that doesn't happen with any other images
Correct the white balance to get rid of the purple (but it's impossible to get the colours right)

I'm assuming this is an issue with Capture One editor with these RAW files (or me) but the results are shocking...

In reply to my own post, in case anyone is interested, I contacted support who replied with the following:

We are aware of the issue, and looking into a fix.
The same also goes for ES 1.25x crop mode.
I can’t give an ETA.

I'll admit I would be happier with this shot if it wasn't for the box on the back of the bike, which gets in the way a bit. But the light is unusual. People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing that they like... :)

At the lights
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Makes me wince at all the bare flesh over there! Seen so many 'orrible scars from gravel rash.

Very nice David, I would have been tempted to crop out the car though, I'm sure you left it in for a reason, maybe that light and shadow? Maybe for perspective? I'd crop it out, but it's your image, and it's great all the same. BTW, the box doesn't bother me at all, I like how it captures the lighting
Thanks! And yes, could do. I wanted to give a sense of being in traffic, and I quite liked the light on the headlamp, so I just darkened that part so it wasn't so distracting. But I think cropping it out would be a very valid choice.

Makes me wince at all the bare flesh over there! Seen so many 'orrible scars from gravel rash.
I know, me too! Bikes and 30 degree heat in the city though...difficult combo

That's why I haven't got a bike over there! I'd love to ride rather than drive but a combination of 30+* heat and decent protective clothing (a must with the local driving "standard!" and roads) don't appeal as much as air con and putting up with traffic.

Hi gang,

Apologies for the lack of input of late, not only was I laid up with a bad back for almost 2 weeks, we've been trying to buy a new house and move out of London, so my focus has been elsewhere. Anyway, the reason for my post......

On Tuesday a good friend of mine is getting married (again). Just a small, quiet registry office job, but he's called me this afternoon as his photographer has let him down and he's asked if I can help him out. Not my normal thing, but he's a good mate (I was best man last time he got married).

So, I have the following at my disposal - 16mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 60mm f2.4, 10-24 f4 & 50-140 f2.8. I was thinking body 1 - 35mm, body 2 16mm, with the 60mm & 50-140 in the bag. I do have a Fuji flash, but it's one of the smaller ones.

Any other thoughts?

Hi gang,

Apologies for the lack of input of late, not only was I laid up with a bad back for almost 2 weeks, we've been trying to buy a new house and move out of London, so my focus has been elsewhere. Anyway, the reason for my post......

On Tuesday a good friend of mine is getting married (again). Just a small, quiet registry office job, but he's called me this afternoon as his photographer has let him down and he's asked if I can help him out. Not my normal thing, but he's a good mate (I was best man last time he got married).

So, I have the following at my disposal - 16mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 60mm f2.4, 10-24 f4 & 50-140 f2.8. I was thinking body 1 - 35mm, body 2 16mm, with the 60mm & 50-140 in the bag. I do have a Fuji flash, but it's one of the smaller ones.

Any other thoughts?

I'd be inclined to keep it simple Steve, 35mm and 16mm. Unless you have access to a 16-55 f2.8

I'd be inclined to keep it simple Steve, 35mm and 16mm. Unless you have access to a 16-55 f2.8

Cheers Trev, I just thought the 50-140 would be useful if I wanted something a bit longer than 35mm. The 60mm was to shoot the rings, but I could probably do that with the 16 as it will focus quite closely.

Cheers Trev, I just thought the 50-140 would be useful if I wanted something a bit longer than 35mm. The 60mm was to shoot the rings, but I could probably do that with the 16 as it will focus quite closely.

I presume you’re a guest as well. Don’t over think it.

Back