1. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    That's why I'm saying it's a rip off ;) and the difference tonight is 100 quid.... Like I said.

2. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Do you have a problem Ian or just want to start?

3. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've loads of problems! None revolve around a photography forum or Fuji's cash back offers though.

If you want to buy, fill yer boots. If you think it's a rip off, don't. Easy peasy.

4. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Why are you getting involved and making it a problem then? You aren't interested in the discussion.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  5. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Don't get your knickers in a....well, twist.

It's been a long day for me tbh, but really I'm just tired of seeing posts from members who'll argue the most pointless of 'issues' or even look for or create problems to discuss about the latest Fuji or non-Fuji models / offers.

Stop moaning and get involved in positive discussions or y'know, go take photos?

Goodnight all.

6. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    It seems you are the one getting upset more than anyone else and creating negativity. If you are tired, don't read or respond and get involved. I just find it odd how retailers (not just with fuji) slam prices up before cashback.

Stop getting involved or y'know go take some photos ;)

Goodnight

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  7. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks! Maybe next year... :)

8. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well sure, it's a great lens and that 14mm focal length is great, but you remember how he said the 10-24mm was out of his price range? :)

I have the 12mm and it's a nice lens if you get a good copy. Not really clear how likely or unlikely you are to get a bad one. But it seems to me to be if anything a bit wide for architecture, never mind the 10mm. You're going to get a lot of non-parallel lines...

But I don't really do architecture, only landscape. Since I acquired the 10-24mm, the 12mm has come out less, and I seldom go to 10 or 11 with the zoom. But occasionally...

My 10c would be to get the 12mm and give it a try. If you don't like it, I doubt it will be hard to sell on again.

Phiggys likes this.
  9. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sorry should have said secondhand!!

dave.hallett likes this.
  10. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Always fancied a X100F...... thinking

11. macvisual

macvisual

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm going to be adding a long'ish Fuji zoom at some stage soon, the two contenders I'm looking closely at are the XF100-400mm and the XF50-140mm, both have their advantages etc, the extra reach would be beneficial but the faster lens is nice also........decisions decisions....

I'll be adding a Fuji 1.4X teleconverter also. Either of these lenses will be used with the X-H1 body.

Any experience/advice/thoughts appreciated. Thank you. Any sample photo's would be appreciated, cheers.

Peter

12. jamiewednesday

jamiewednesday

Edit My Images:
    No
    I use all 3. The 50-140 is a peach in it’s own right. The 100-400 is pretty good too and with an effective reach of 600mm in FF terms surprisingly agile. The 1.4x barely reduces IQ quality on either lens (unlike the 2x which was just too rough IMO).

If I was going to have one I’d go for the 50-140 as I’d use it more often and the 1.4x gives some extra reach. Clearly not as far as 100-400 but you must be able to get decent crops off the H?

I guess it depends what you’re taking pics of though!

Nod likes this.
  13. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    50-140 is fantastic and very versatile, I often have it on the H1 for an entire day and just adjust my feet as required, in fact I hate taking it off. Plenty of examples on my flickr with the H1.

NickTB likes this.
  14. NickTB

NickTB

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Pete, can you post a link to your Flickr? I have the 50-140 and I need inspiration.

15. Alan Clogwyn

Alan Clogwyn

Name:
    Richard Alan Jones
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I assume it takest he same one as the T1/T2 - I have the proper Fuji one on my T1 and a JJC copy one on my T2. I can't see any difference between them, both better than the standard offering. I'd quite like to try the teardrop shaped one.

braddersmd likes this.
  16. bass_junkie83

bass_junkie83

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I hadn't realised that about the 10mm, all lenses look about the same size when browsing a list on an online shop. :LOL:
    The 14mm/16mm might be options for a future upgrade, but right now I can't justify those prices.

I hadn't really considered distortion, I could fix in post I guess but that may bring the usable image area closer to what I already have. I guess the other solution would be to stick with what I have and learn how to do stitched panoramas for the occasions when just standing further away isn't an option.

17. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

Are you using an old typewriter to post? :LOL: What are you planning to shoot? I would only go for the 100-400 over the 50-140 if I planned to shoot a lot of distance wildlife I would imagine the 50-140 would be sharper, better in low light and more useful for general shooting.

On the cash-back deals and price hikes - surely the best option for anyone considering an XT2 now [like me!] is to buy used, "mint" from a reliable UK dealer? Because the re-sale value will be the same pretty much. Atm a 9+ condition X-T2 from Wex can be had for a little over £600 with the current 10% off

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Phiggys and Ian W like this.
  18. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

I have both, for things like wildlife and airshows, the 100-400 is brilliant, a bit slow with the 1.4TC (f6.3 I think) but as the T2 shoots fine @ ISO3200 it's not a big issue. The 50-140 is as good as my old Canon 70-200 f2.8 L Mk2, it is a stonking bit of kit, and came into its own yesterday at a wedding.... Haven't tried it with the 1.4, but as I have the 100-400, I don't really need to.

Both shot on a T2 body with the 50-140:

[​IMG]
    Wedding_5
    by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

[​IMG]Wedding_6 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I'll sort some 100-400 images for you too...

Phiggys likes this.
  19. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Peter,

A couple of 100-400 images.

First one is with the 1.4 @ 560mm, ISO1600, wide open (this lens only ever gets used wide open anyway).

[​IMG]ducklings by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Here's one without the TC, again wide open at ISO1600

[​IMG]DSCF0462 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Phiggys, addicknchips and feek like this.
  20. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    As you can see, they are both excellent lenses, so you really need to think what focal length or speed you are going to need, or just buy both :D

21. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    NickTB likes this.
  22. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Indeed I have, and I'm well out of practice, as you can see. I will be working on that today to tone it down somewhat.

23. Alan Clogwyn

Alan Clogwyn

Name:
    Richard Alan Jones
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just out of interest what colour space have you uploaded these in? In post they look fine but when enlarged on my phone they turn grey!

24. macvisual

macvisual

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    After sleeping on my thoughts regarding a long'ish Fuji lens, either the 50-140mm or 100-400mm I think the 50-140mm would be more versatile for my style of photography, I probably don't need the longer reach as I don't do birding/wildlife and the slightly faster f/2.8 would suit better for my dog portraiture and landscape photography.

25. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You can always add a TC for a bit more length

26. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    WHatever LR does as standard. These are from the original RAW, into LR, resized & borders put on in PS.

27. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    For those subjects, I think that's a wise decision...

28. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad

Name:
    Andrew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've been trying out a lot of legacy glass recently and am having great fun. I took a Pentax 50mm f2 lens out with my X-T2 today hoping for some autumnal images but found little of note. We were sitting outside a lovely country pub having lunch when we were inundated with bikers - easily 100 bikes and all was noise and chaos. So I ended up photographing the bikes. This is one I lusted after in the early 60s - a Velocette Venom.

[​IMG]Velocette Venom by Andrew R, on Flickr

Phiggys, jamiewednesday and wardy07 like this.
  29. addicknchips

addicknchips

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Snap through the plane window.
    IMG_5071.JPG

56mm on the x-t2

30. wardy07

wardy07

Name:
    chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Nice shot - I’m looking to try a couple of legacy lenses myself, which version of the Pentax 50mm are you using please? Also could you recommend any other legacy lenses that are worth buying, landscape, portrait and long range options would be useful to me so any info would be appreciated.

31. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Wonderful, will be a shame to see you break up lol

addicknchips likes this.
  32. addicknchips

addicknchips

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It won’t last.

33. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You’ll never find another who’s so intuitive with such nice knobs who feels so good in the hand

Phiggys likes this.
  34. Rosedalelad

Rosedalelad

Name:
    Andrew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've tried
    Vivitar 55mm f2.8 macro by Komine - fabulous lens
    Vivitar 135mm f2.8
    Pentax 135mm f3.5
    Pentax 50mm f2 (used in the Velocette shot)
    Helios 58mm f2 - unique bokeh

I've not paid more than £30 for any of them and all are great fun

wardy07 likes this.
  35. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :eek:

36. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I love the Pentax 50mm f1.7, and the Oly 100mm.

dave.hallett and wardy07 like this.
  37. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The Minolta Rokkor 58mm 1.4 is supposedly a great lens, especially for portraits. If you're willing to chance it from Japan via ebay you can get them for about £50, from UK sellers expect to pay anything between £70 - £130 depending on the condition. The Minolta to Fuji adapters can be had anywhere between £6 - £20

For long range, I owned a Pentax Super Takumar 200mm F4 for a while and it was pretty decent, even wide open. Again, unless you buy from Japan and wait a bit and hope to avoid customs, expect to pay about £70. I used this lens on the Fuji X-T1 and had some fun with it

How it looked on the XT1:

takumar.jpg

It's actually really neat for a 200 F4, the adapter makes it look a fair bit longer, but a very easy to hand-hold lens

wardy07 likes this.
  38. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Agreed, and a good copy of the Takumar 55mm 1.9 or 2.0 is also a very nice lens for no money.

My best manual lens is probably the Nikon 105mm 2.5, which is magic, but those aren't quite as cheap.

wardy07 likes this.
  39. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Those 105mm 2.5mm Nikkor units are “Excellent” Sir, I’ve had one from new and still use it from time to time on my Fooj cameras. Very sharp at all apertures with good contrast & nice bokeh.(y)

George.

dave.hallett likes this.
  40. jamiewednesday

jamiewednesday

Edit My Images:
    No
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018