1. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Why did you use the settings ISO 1600 1/3200 f2 for this shot. They would not seem to be optimal.

twist and Dave70D like this.
  2. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    Hi Ho Silver away !
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I was just playing around with the iso, as at the moment I like a bit higher iso even 25,600 is great.

3. braddersmd

braddersmd

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Is anyone using an extended eyecup on the X-T3? I had one (bought ages ago) on the X-T1, and can't for the life of me remember which part it was. All suggestions welcome.

4. jamiewednesday

jamiewednesday

Edit My Images:
    No
  5. Craikeybaby

Craikeybaby

Name:
    Lewis
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well it seems like the email alerts worked! Neither 35f2 nor 23f2 were in stock last night, but had availability emails this morning.

Unfortunately I still have a few more things to sell before I can buy.

6. Craikeybaby

Craikeybaby

Name:
    Lewis
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Back out of stock already - I now see the need to be on the ball! Best get selling more things to fund it ASAP!

7. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sometimes it’s cheaper to go greyish to E-Infin or similar than Fuji refurb.

8. Nod

Nod Kronus

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Rent a car (I can point you at a place that does reasonable rates!) and head down to Agia Galini for a night or 2 - NOTHING between you and North Africa apart from the occasional fishing boat!

dave.hallett likes this.
  9. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Right, 3 quick shots from todays wedding.

1) I am not a wedding photographer
    2) These are not the final images, I've been playing with the processing
    3) I was a fill in as the original photographer is in hospital (motorcycle accident).

X-T2 & 50-140
    [​IMG]Wedding_3 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

X-T2 & 35mm f1.4
    [​IMG]Wedding_1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

X-T2 & 16mm f1.4
    [​IMG]Wedding_4 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

10. wambam

wambam

Name:
    Ray
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    On Wedding_1
    The skin looks like plastic ,have you done any work at all?

11. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Roll up, roll up, cashback deals being announced tomorrow (remember Black Friday often provides additional cashback), some of these are so good, that I think we might see some retail prices go back up, so you might be onto a winner if you buy straight away, but I'm not being quoted on that!!!

£45 23mmF2, 35mmF2, 50mm F2, 35mmF1.4, 60mm, 18mm

£90 23mmF1.4, 56mm, 18-55mm, 18-135mm, 55-200mm

£135 16mmF1.4, 80mm Macro, 56mmAPD, 90mm, 10-24

£180 50-140mm, 16-55mm

£270 100-400mm

and £250 on an X-T2, anyone who manages to get a X-T2 at today's best price of £979 and get the cashhsback will do very well, but note that most retailers on camerapricebuster have already put the X-T2 back up to £1249!!!

Other bodies £230 on X-H1, £230 on X-Pro2, £90 on X-T20

(X100F - £180, X-E3 +18-15 bundle £180, X-T100+15-45 bundle £90)

Remember these will only apply to a authorised UK stockist, and not grey suppliers - purchases made between 10/10/18 and 10/1/19

12. bass_junkie83

bass_junkie83

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I found today that I need to go wider than the 18-55 allows me. The 10-24 is way out of my price range right now and as it is mainly going to be used for architecture and maybe a bit of landscape then I have no problem with it being manual focus, so a Samyang looks the sensible option.

Looking at the 10mm f2.8 and the 12mm f2.0 there isn't a huge difference in price looking on WEX and I imagine second hand that difference is less noticeable. The technical differences are obvious, I don't really need the larger aperture a anytime I am struggling for light with this lens it would be a situation where I can use a tripod, so the obvious choice would seem to be to go for the wider FOV. But are there any differences beyond the tech specs?

13. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    So they want the same money for an xt2 as a xt3, what a great offer lol

14. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    err no ... £1249 less £250 = £999, thats £350 less than an X-T3, on which there are no cashbacks only trade-in offers

15. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Errr if you order tonight which is not the 10th it's 100 quid less from most places. They've put their prices up for the cashback haven't they?

16. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The 10mm is a multi sensor mount lens fitted with a Fuji X mount, its big and heavy comapred with the APS-C designed 12mm, which is re-reassuringly light!!!

The Samyangs do render colours differently to the Fuji lenses, and since they are wide suffer from a certain degree of optical distortion. Don't dismiss the Fuji 14mm, as this is very sharp, compact, and takes the same size filters/hood as your existing 18-55mm.

I have the Samyang 12mm (its the second one I've owned, I really didn't rate my first copy), but it rarely comes out of the bag, I much prefer my Fuji 16mm wherever possible.

17. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    twist ..... :thinking::banghead: isn't that what I said!!

18. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Don't try and reason with him, David.

Mr Perceptive likes this.
  19. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    That's why I'm saying it's a rip off ;) and the difference tonight is 100 quid.... Like I said.

20. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Do you have a problem Ian or just want to start?

21. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I've loads of problems! None revolve around a photography forum or Fuji's cash back offers though.

If you want to buy, fill yer boots. If you think it's a rip off, don't. Easy peasy.

22. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    Why are you getting involved and making it a problem then? You aren't interested in the discussion.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  23. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Don't get your knickers in a....well, twist.

It's been a long day for me tbh, but really I'm just tired of seeing posts from members who'll argue the most pointless of 'issues' or even look for or create problems to discuss about the latest Fuji or non-Fuji models / offers.

Stop moaning and get involved in positive discussions or y'know, go take photos?

Goodnight all.

24. twist

twist

Edit My Images:
    No
    It seems you are the one getting upset more than anyone else and creating negativity. If you are tired, don't read or respond and get involved. I just find it odd how retailers (not just with fuji) slam prices up before cashback.

Stop getting involved or y'know go take some photos ;)

Goodnight

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  25. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks! Maybe next year... :)

26. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well sure, it's a great lens and that 14mm focal length is great, but you remember how he said the 10-24mm was out of his price range? :)

I have the 12mm and it's a nice lens if you get a good copy. Not really clear how likely or unlikely you are to get a bad one. But it seems to me to be if anything a bit wide for architecture, never mind the 10mm. You're going to get a lot of non-parallel lines...

But I don't really do architecture, only landscape. Since I acquired the 10-24mm, the 12mm has come out less, and I seldom go to 10 or 11 with the zoom. But occasionally...

My 10c would be to get the 12mm and give it a try. If you don't like it, I doubt it will be hard to sell on again.

27. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sorry should have said secondhand!!

dave.hallett likes this.
  28. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Always fancied a X100F...... thinking

29. macvisual

macvisual

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm going to be adding a long'ish Fuji zoom at some stage soon, the two contenders I'm looking closely at are the XF100-400mm and the XF50-140mm, both have their advantages etc, the extra reach would be beneficial but the faster lens is nice also........decisions decisions....

I'll be adding a Fuji 1.4X teleconverter also. Either of these lenses will be used with the X-H1 body.

Any experience/advice/thoughts appreciated. Thank you. Any sample photo's would be appreciated, cheers.

Peter

30. jamiewednesday

jamiewednesday

Edit My Images:
    No
    I use all 3. The 50-140 is a peach in it’s own right. The 100-400 is pretty good too and with an effective reach of 600mm in FF terms surprisingly agile. The 1.4x barely reduces IQ quality on either lens (unlike the 2x which was just too rough IMO).

If I was going to have one I’d go for the 50-140 as I’d use it more often and the 1.4x gives some extra reach. Clearly not as far as 100-400 but you must be able to get decent crops off the H?

I guess it depends what you’re taking pics of though!

Nod likes this.
  31. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    50-140 is fantastic and very versatile, I often have it on the H1 for an entire day and just adjust my feet as required, in fact I hate taking it off. Plenty of examples on my flickr with the H1.

NickTB likes this.
  32. NickTB

NickTB

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Pete, can you post a link to your Flickr? I have the 50-140 and I need inspiration.

33. Alan Clogwyn

Alan Clogwyn

Name:
    Richard Alan Jones
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I assume it takest he same one as the T1/T2 - I have the proper Fuji one on my T1 and a JJC copy one on my T2. I can't see any difference between them, both better than the standard offering. I'd quite like to try the teardrop shaped one.

braddersmd likes this.
  34. bass_junkie83

bass_junkie83

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I hadn't realised that about the 10mm, all lenses look about the same size when browsing a list on an online shop. :LOL:
    The 14mm/16mm might be options for a future upgrade, but right now I can't justify those prices.

I hadn't really considered distortion, I could fix in post I guess but that may bring the usable image area closer to what I already have. I guess the other solution would be to stick with what I have and learn how to do stitched panoramas for the occasions when just standing further away isn't an option.

35. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

Are you using an old typewriter to post? :LOL: What are you planning to shoot? I would only go for the 100-400 over the 50-140 if I planned to shoot a lot of distance wildlife I would imagine the 50-140 would be sharper, better in low light and more useful for general shooting.

On the cash-back deals and price hikes - surely the best option for anyone considering an XT2 now [like me!] is to buy used, "mint" from a reliable UK dealer? Because the re-sale value will be the same pretty much. Atm a 9+ condition X-T2 from Wex can be had for a little over £600 with the current 10% off

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Ian W likes this.
  36. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

I have both, for things like wildlife and airshows, the 100-400 is brilliant, a bit slow with the 1.4TC (f6.3 I think) but as the T2 shoots fine @ ISO3200 it's not a big issue. The 50-140 is as good as my old Canon 70-200 f2.8 L Mk2, it is a stonking bit of kit, and came into its own yesterday at a wedding.... Haven't tried it with the 1.4, but as I have the 100-400, I don't really need to.

Both shot on a T2 body with the 50-140:

[​IMG]
    Wedding_5
    by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

[​IMG]Wedding_6 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I'll sort some 100-400 images for you too...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  37. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Peter,

A couple of 100-400 images.

First one is with the 1.4 @ 560mm, ISO1600, wide open (this lens only ever gets used wide open anyway).

[​IMG]ducklings by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Here's one without the TC, again wide open at ISO1600

[​IMG]DSCF0462 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

addicknchips and feek like this.
  38. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    As you can see, they are both excellent lenses, so you really need to think what focal length or speed you are going to need, or just buy both :D

39. imattersuk

imattersuk

Name:
    Pete
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    NickTB likes this.
  40. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Indeed I have, and I'm well out of practice, as you can see. I will be working on that today to tone it down somewhat.