The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Can anyone help me with this please, I have just imported my RAW files to LR and they are all Black and White, They are showing as colour in my camera, and the JPEGs import in colour, the previews in LR are colour, but once imported they turn B&W. I don't have any presets added for importing either... I'm confused...

Can anyone help me with this please, I have just imported my RAW files to LR and they are all Black and White, They are showing as colour in my camera, and the JPEGs import in colour, the previews in LR are colour, but once imported they turn B&W. I don't have any presets added for importing either... I'm confused...

I have no idea, but it sounds as though LR is failing to handle the RAW files correctly. Are these from an X-T3? And what version of LR? These two things may help others to cast some light on the issue.

Is this the first time you've imported RAW files from this camera, or was it working OK before?

I have no idea, but it sounds as though LR is failing to handle the RAW files correctly. Are these from an X-T3? And what version of LR? These two things may help others to cast some light on the issue.

Is this the first time you've imported RAW files from this camera, or was it working OK before?
I've done a bit more playing now, I have previously imported RAW files from the XT-3 fine, they are still colour, the new ones are all B&W. I have also imported 2 DNG converted RAW files from my X100F which are B&W also, so I assume this is a LR issue, I can open the DNG's in Affinity and they are colour. I have reinstalled LR and it is still the same, though even though I ticked not to save preferences, oddly it still had all the files in the library. It is LR 6 standalone version as I have binned my CC version.

Having reinstalled it all again, it looks like the problem is that in the camera calibration part it is showing ACROS, and cannot be changed. Even if I turn this part off it is still B&W....

As far as I know it is impossible to take a RAW file on a Fuji camera that doesn't have colour info.

I think the problem here may be the combo of LR6 and the latest X-T3 RAWs, but as I have LR CC and an X-T10, I will let others chip in!

Well it's definitely a LR issue, Adobe Raw converter works fine. The first couple of files I used were ok, but I may have used a different converter for those. It just seems that LR is thinking it is taken in ACROS film simulation, and it is not able to be changed in LR6. :(

Fill in the online claim form not the paper one Jessops gave you. You will need to upload a copy of the receipt clearly showing the date plus a pic of the box showing the model and serial number.

Thank you for that, it will be next Friday that I put it through, glad I still get the £200 cashback.

This would be condition 8 and inc the current 10% off, but still! Bargain. They have 9+ condition at £610 when you use the code

That's madness seeing as I traded in mine only two weeks ago for more than that, and I'll be getting £200 back from Fuji. Although I guess what we are seeing is potentially the result of that offer if so many took it up?

There are some in the forum selling for £700....I am thinking if it works, £500 is amazing value.....I mean I only use it for snaps....

Ah yes, I just read the offer email as well. Trying not to see if they have any 16-55 f2.8 lenses...

They do have one, with the 10% off you could have it for £614, or you can buy a new one for 899 and get £180 cash back, making it just 720

There are some in the forum selling for £700....I am thinking if it works, £500 is amazing value.....I mean I only use it for snaps....

Aye, sure it's just like a compact to you :LOL:

Last edited:
They do have one, with the 10% off you could have it for £614, or you can buy a new one for 899 and get £180 cash back, making it just 720

Or wait for Black Friday and hope that they repeat last year's double cashback offer...

Given the size of some of the current deals, I can't see a doubling, an extra xx% maybe, but they might double trade in bonus.
Last year the 16-55mm had a standard £145 cashback which was doubled for a week - that's when I bought it. I'm still hopeful for similar deals this year!

I was running early for work this morning, so popped to one of the local churches (which happens to be where my Aunt and Uncle got married) for a few photos. I had my new 10-stop filter turn up the other day, so this was the first real opportunity to try it out. Not really enough cloud movement for my liking, but still not bad. The only thing I'd do differently next time is take a 2nd photo without the filter and using a faster shutter speed to freeze the movement of the branches in the upper corner!

Shot with my X-T20 with 18-55mm w/10 stop ND filter & circular polariser. 18mm, f/11, ISO200, 15sec exposure

St Nicholas Church, Basildon by Josh Kneller, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well I have had a reasonably good week photographically.

Entered 2 images into my first ever camera club competition and had both scored as 10's.

Had a large street photography feature account feature one of my images on Instagram.

But perhaps most importantly, sold my first image on ShutterStock - I am now a whole $1.88 better off :)

Last edited:
Well I have had a reasonably good week photographically.

Entered 2 images into my first ever camera club competition and had both scored as 10's.

Had a larege street photography feature account feature one of my images on Instagram.

But perhaps most importantly, sold my first image on ShutterStock - I am now a whole $1.88 better off :)

Try not to spend it on something frivolous..nice one..

How are people getting on with lightroom and the X-T3?
I have updated adobe CC, I can open RAF files in photoshop and lightroom mobile, but the desktop version of lightroom still isn't recognising them.

How are people getting on with lightroom and the X-T3?
I have updated adobe CC, I can open RAF files in photoshop and lightroom mobile, but the desktop version of lightroom still isn't recognising them.
I've just been having a nightmare with LR, I've now decided to ditch Adobe for good and have gone over to Capture 1 to try. Here is a very quick snap of my little one just before bedtime, this was also my first test with the Nissan i40 flash.

DSCF1088test by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1086test by rick phillips, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi guys
I know a few of you have the 10-24, but does anyone use the 14mm? I`m torn between the two. My pre fuji wide was the sigma 20mm art, so I`m used to primes.
If anyone had had both I`d appreciate some feedback (y)

Hi guys
I know a few of you have the 10-24, but does anyone use the 14mm? I`m torn between the two. My pre fuji wide was the sigma 20mm art, so I`m used to primes.
Had both, wasn't wowed by either. If you don't need to go wider than 16mm then go for the 16mm f/1.4 it's fantastic.

I have both, prefer the 10-24 for the more wrap around effect of 10mm end and never used F2.8 at 14mm..!

Depends what you want from it I suppose. For me they’re landscape lenses, some seem to use 14mm as a wide angle and crop to the middle.

14mm is smaller if that’s important.

Had both, wasn't wowed by either. If you don't need to go wider than 16mm then go for the 16mm f/1.4 it's fantastic.

I have the 23, and am feeling the 16 might be a little too close to it.

I have both, prefer the 10-24 for the more wrap around effect of 10mm end and never used F2.8 at 14mm..!

Depends what you want from it I suppose. For me they’re landscape lenses, some seem to use 14mm as a wide angle and crop to the middle.

14mm is smaller if that’s important.

The weight is a bit of a factor for sure. Mainly would use in London for architecture etc, and I do have a bit of a thing for looking up at trees too, so the wrap factor of the 10-24 might be a bonus in that situation.

Hi guys
Love the 10-24. Had it since I went Fuji in 2014. Just disposed of the 14mm. Great lens but wasn’t getting used. I agree about the 16mm - if you only use that length then it’s perfect, and superb quality.

Love the 10-24. Had it since I went Fuji in 2014. Just disposed of the 14mm. Great lens but wasn’t getting used. I agree about the 16mm - if you only use that length then it’s perfect, and superb quality.
Never owned the 16mm but otherwise I could've written this myself.

I'd estimate that at least 95% of my Fuji images are taken with the 10-24mm. Superb lens.

Never owned the 16mm but otherwise I could've written this myself.

I'd estimate that at least 95% of my Fuji images are taken with the 10-24mm. Superb lens.
Likewise. My 10-24mm and 55-200mm could literally be my only lenses.

Back