The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

^^^ I just had my claim rejected as I didn't have a copy of the trade in bonus leaflet? Was never given one as the Jessops guy said I didn't need it as it was all online.

I just had a reply from Fuji, they said just fill out the paper form take a photo of it along with receipt and date plus serial numbers and it will g through. Plus it`s Monday I have to do it. When I went back to Jessops they just gave me the Bonus leaflet.

^^^ I just had my claim rejected as I didn't have a copy of the trade in bonus leaflet? Was never given one as the Jessops guy said I didn't need it as it was all online.
Jessops didn't give me one either, I queried it but they said Fuji hadn't sent them any.

I did email Fuji and asked them if the leaflet was essential and they said no, I still have that email saved but I have not had time to submit my claim yet.

You don't need it that's BS. I traded in some Oly gear a few months ago and all they wanted was a copy of the receipt plus clear pics of the box and serial number. They emailed me saying there's no date on the receipt so could I send another copy, I said no open your bloody eyes the date is already on the one I sent you. Next day I got paid. Give them a bollocking.

Any Bristolians here?

I'm off to Bristol for the weekend and weather is looking decent so possibly a good opportunity to properly try out the new X-T3!

Any recommendations for nice sunrise/sunset locations? Will be staying in city centre but don't mind a walk. The Observatory at Clifton is about a 40 minute walk and looks a reasonable spot for photographing the suspension bridge from, although the nicer images I've seen appear to be taken from the other side of the river, at sunset, and possibly from a walkway off Rownham Hill, according to Google maps... Might be a bit dodgy though.

Grateful for any pointers... I've also posted in the Locations thread but this place has far more through traffic!

Last edited:
Loads of places around the City Centre or down by the river (SS Gt Britain). I've spent quite a few weekends in Bristol as my son lives there.

Try shooting light trails on the Clifton Bridge while standing by the walkway. The aircraft museum at Filton is said to be brilliant, but I haven't had a chance to get there yet.

Light trails on the bridge....
Untitled by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Last edited:
Loads of places around the City Centre or down by the river (SS Gt Britain). I've spent quite a few weekends in Bristol as my son lives there.

Try shooting light trails on the Clifton Bridge while standing by the walkway. The aircraft museum at Filton is said to be brilliant, but I haven't had a chance to get there yet.

Thanks Steve - likewise my daughter lives there so I've been a few times, just seem to struggle to find decent locations!

Any Bristolians here?

I'm off to Bristol for the weekend and weather is looking decent so possibly a good opportunity to properly try out the new X-T3!

Any recommendations for nice sunrise/sunset locations? Will be staying in city centre but don't mind a walk. The Observatory at Clifton is about a 40 minute walk and looks a reasonable spot for photographing the suspension bridge from, although the nicer images I've seen appear to be taken from the other side of the river, at sunset, and possibly from a walkway off Rownham Hill, according to Google maps... Might be a bit dodgy though.

Grateful for any pointers... I've also posted in the Locations thread but this place has far more through traffic!

As Steve said, plus if you like architecture (churches), take a wander around St Mary Redcliffe, in temple meads. The interior is pretty cool.

As Steve said, plus if you like architecture (churches), take a wander around St Mary Redcliffe, in temple meads. The interior is pretty cool.

I have walked past several times and kept meaning to go in! Thanks for that too.

I have walked past several times and kept meaning to go in! Thanks for that too.

No worries (y) I have in laws who live pretty much opposite.

Same here. Calumet Manchester said it was all online so didn't do one in store. AlI I can see that is on the leaflet is what camera did you buy and its serial no and what did you trade in and its serial no. I'm gonna have to see if Calumet know what my X-T2 serial was!

Dont get why we need this when we've uploaded the receipts, a photo of the new serial no and also written the new serial number in the claim online forms. Seems more like a make it complicated scheme to put people off claiming,

Last edited:
Same here. Calumet Manchester said it was all online so didn't do one in store. AlI I can see that is on the leaflet is what camera did you buy and its serial no and what did you trade in and its serial no. I'm gonna have to see if Calumet know what my X-T2 serial was!

Dont get why we need this when we've uploaded the receipts, a photo of the new serial no and also written the new serial number in the claim online forms. Seems more like a make it complicated scheme to put people off claiming,
As others have said, Fuji don't administer this. They've sub-contracted such processes out to a third party, as do all the manufacturers. Sometimes these 3rd parties need a kick up the backside. Fuji need to know what's going on in their name so they can administer the kicks.

I had the same issue with Calumet in Glasgow. They provided me the trade in details and serial number no problem, was just a hassle chasing them for it.

As others have said, Fuji don't administer this. They've sub-contracted such processes out to a third party, as do all the manufacturers. Sometimes these 3rd parties need a kick up the backside. Fuji need to know what's going on in their name so they can administer the kicks.

Managed to get the serial number easily from Calumet Manchester. Filled in a claim leaflet I found on google so will send that.

Calumet said the claim leaflet was only sent to a few selected retailers and Calumet never recieved their lot, so not sure how they expect people to complete a claim!

It's my birthday, and to celebrate I thought I'd nip down to the beach at sunrise, do a little photography and have a spot of breakfast. Lovely it was too.

Y Feini by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Ysgo by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Golau Cyntaf by Alan Jones, on Flickr

I did manage to break my Hitech filter holder in the process. They really are crap!

It's my birthday, and to celebrate I thought I'd nip down to the beach at sunrise, do a little photography and have a spot of breakfast. Lovely it was too.

I did manage to break my Hitech filter holder in the process. They really are crap!
Lovely colours.

It’s my birthday also, but we went to Morrisons.

Lovely colours.

It’s my birthday also, but we went to Morrisons.

Thanks man, back to Provia for these, Classic Chrome is not so hot for golden hour colours.

I've spent the rest of the day baking a cake and cleaning :eek:

Finally added the 55-200mm lens to my slowly-growing Fuji collection this week :) Had bought one from the TP classifieds but felt it was overpriced for the condition and I returned it. Took a leap of faith with one on FB marketplace and ended up with an immaculate one for £350.

Always told myself I didn't need anything more than my 10-24mm and 16-55mm as the Fooj was just a travelling option and my Nikon was my 'proper' camera but I find I'm leaving the heavy Nikon bag at home more and more now and needed the longer reach of the 55-200. If and when I buy the 100-400 it will definitely be time to sell the Nikon gear!

Really liking this Fujigraph Sir, well composed with good strong colours.(y)

George.

"Excellent" set of Fujigraphs Sir, liking them all very much.(y)

"And a very "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you Sir, ENJOY" :beer:

George.

Just had an email from fuji saying my claim has been rejected as they need me to send more information. They ask me to upload a PDF scan of the purchase receipt.

I already uploaded the wex calumet purchase receipt and fuji have even referenced it in the email.

Very confusing.

How and to what size are you all reducing your images for the forum? I keep getting image to big message

Back