The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I too prefer the landscape, but I like my water like that. However, interested in how you got the very slow water, but no movement in the fog & clouds....
Fast moving water, slow moving clouds :)

my settings Iso 200, f11 3 seconds, with Lee little stopper, and as Ian W said Fast water, slow clouds, and no wind.

Last edited:
I prefer the Portrait image,fills the frame better for me and love the colours.

g10-jpg.137798

I think I would take the landscape one and crop it to a square. Just to be difficult :D Both nice shots though.

Lovely capture!!! I'll be driving past this location tomorrow around lunchtime but I actually don't know how to get to it, I'll find it sometime, no panic.

Regards;
Peter
It's really very easy, Peter. A 2 minute walk from a parking spot provided it's not too busy [emoji1360]

Lovely capture!!! I'll be driving past this location tomorrow around lunchtime but I actually don't know how to get to it, I'll find it sometime, no panic.

Regards;
Peter
If going North go past Glances ski resort turn off and turn left at the Glen Etive signpost and stop when you reach the first little bridge (it's only a couple of hundred yards from the A82 turn off - the falls are on your right as you drive along but you won't see them from the road - You'll spot a couple of little gaps where loads of photographers have headed towards the falls.

Once you are in a sea of mud, created by the feet of all the other photographers who have been there before you, then keep going for 40 yards or so and you'll be at the edge of the falls. Its an absolute mess until you get to the bit where you'll be taking your pic - was OK early on Sunday morning when I was there because the mud was frozen.

Daybreak at Buachaille Etive Mor
by David Young, on Flickr

One of the many Starlings in the garden this morning. The fat balls have been hit rather hard, along with the peanuts....

T2, 100-400 plus 1.4TC 1600 ISO

DSCF8179 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

The strong low sunlight didn't help....
Great shot of a beautiful bird. The hit in the balls sounds painful. :confused:

Almost became a Fuji user today as I was going to buy an X-T2 which was on sale. But before I could convince myself to pull the trigger, the price went back up o_O

Looks like I'll have to wait!

Almost became a Fuji user today as I was going to buy an X-T2 which was on sale. But before I could convince myself to pull the trigger, the price went back up o_O

Looks like I'll have to wait!
Camera Jungle had a load of mint p/x’s under £600, not sure if they have any left

Camera Jungle had a load of mint p/x’s under £600, not sure if they have any left

Hmm I haven't used them before, but they look interesting. They have 10% off at the moment so an "Excellent" X-T2 is £597 and a "Mint" is £651. They don't have any of the 18-55 lenses in stock, but for body only that's quite a saving over the price of a new X-T2!

Hmm I haven't used them before, but they look interesting. They have 10% off at the moment so an "Excellent" X-T2 is £597 and a "Mint" is £651. They don't have any of the 18-55 lenses in stock, but for body only that's quite a saving over the price of a new X-T2!
They’re safe enough, they are Jessops secondhand market place so trustworthy and highly thought of.

Hi
I have just bought a PD leash, and despite asking before I ordered, came with the V3 anchors. Now I know I can replace these via their site, but can someone tell me if the V4 version will fit through the mounting points on the XT-3. I’m very doubtful as the V3 were extremely tight.

Thanks.

Hi
I have just bought a PD leash, and despite asking before I ordered, came with the V3 anchors. Now I know I can replace these via their site, but can someone tell me if the V4 version will fit through the mounting points on the XT-3. I’m very doubtful as the V3 were extremely tight.

Thanks.
I have an even earlier cuff and use a small, thick split ring to attach the anchor.

I have an even earlier cuff and use a small, thick split ring to attach the anchor.

Thanks. Do you use the protectors or if not have you had any issue with scratches?

Hi

Thanks.

I tried and failed with the V4 on XT3, back using the thin ones and keeping an eye on them, IIRC there were very few failures on certain cameras- don`t know which cameras though.

There are posts, maybe youtube, where the inner ring of the camera mount is removed to give more room.

I've a rubber ring which acts as a buffer, sits behind the split ring (came with my leather Footprint strap).
Good idea, I have a load of O rings here.

Thanks

I tried and failed with the V4 on XT3, back using the thin ones and keeping an eye on them, IIRC there were very few failures on certain cameras- don`t know which cameras though.

There are posts, maybe youtube, where the inner ring of the camera mount is removed to give more room.
7 out of 1 million apparently. Thanks for the reply.

They must have sold quite a few then, couple of weeks ago when they had loads in stock it was 20% off. Keep an eye on the website as Jessops have just had another batch of XT3's delivered so they might get another surge on XT2 p/x's.

Does anyone here use the 55-200 zoom? I am just about to order the 56mm 1.2R and was looking to get the 50-140 in the new yer, but the 55-200 has grabbed my attention.

Does anyone here use the 55-200 zoom? I am just about to order the 56mm 1.2R and was looking to get the 50-140 in the new yer, but the 55-200 has grabbed my attention.
I do. Bought used a year or more ago, it's the perfect partner for my 10-24mm for landscapes. Such good VFM and lighter than the 50-140mm.

I do. Bought used a year or more ago, it's the perfect partner for my 10-24mm for landscapes. Such good VFM and lighter than the 50-140mm.
Thanks Ian, I think I may look for a used one and try this. :)

Excellent travel lens with good IQ and compact size. Sure the 50-140 is a great lens but so much bigger. I just don't need it for what I want. The 55-200 is worth its low cost and more besides... Give it a go.

I can genuinely say I've never considered the need for a 50-140mm. Variable aperture is irrelevant as I'm always at f8 -f13 anyway!
Excellent travel lens with good IQ and compact size. Sure the 50-140 is a great lens but so much bigger. I just don't need it for what I want. The 55-200 is worth its low cost and more besides... Give it a go.

I have just ordered the 56mm 1.2R and am looking for a 55-200, I am pretty sure that will keep me going until I decide if I need anything more in the new year.

How does the 35 f2 compare with the f1.4 in regards to flare handling and the like? I've run into problems at work before now shooting stuff under skylights where the 1.4 has struggled with low contrast and aperture ghosting, and I've had to switch to the 18-55 to eliminate it, but that just doesn't deliver as sharp or detailed results.

Back