The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Posted elsewhere on the forum...

This was a grab shot, I had been shooting Red Kites in the air and the camera was set on +2EV, but I've managed to pull some of it back, enough for it to be a half decent "record shot". First time I've ever managed to catch a water bird eating a fish...

Grebe01 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Tractor etc that looks like it was/is possibly used for shifting shingle on the beach.
In the background you can see some of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been Left Behind.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty type of PP on this snap to bring out the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/800th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (18) (Dungeness)-03265 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Tractor etc that looks like it was/is possibly used for shifting shingle on the beach.
In the background you can see some of the many old boats scattered about the beach that have just been Left Behind.
I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty type of PP on this snap to bring out the textures.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/800th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (18) (Dungeness)-03265 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Its a very charismatic tractor, I took a different view earlier in the year

Dungeness Tractor
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me what’s the current firmware I should be using for the XT1 & XT2.

TIA

Andy

Hardly, it was a new battery with a new charge. Maybe one photo every 5 minutes.
Definitely doesn't seem right then. A battery lasts me nearly a whole day with the X-T2 at the same rate so something is clearly off.

Was using my XT3 this morning and the battery was drained in just 30mins. This can't be normal right?
Mine drained in a very short period of time while turned off and in a bag and left the body hot to touch. I did report to Fuji but got no response, but it hasn't happened a second time.

A new battery needs a few charges and discharges before it reaches best performance, in my experience.
Looks like I'll grab a few more batteries before travelling again....

In other news I'm now deciding if I want the 56mm, 50-140 or a drone ....

Looks like I'll grab a few more batteries before travelling again....

In other news I'm now deciding if I want the 56mm, 50-140 or a drone ....

Easy. Gotta be the 56...

If you have ever felt it's uncomfortable looking through the X-T10/20 viewfinder this might be of interest
https://www.shapeways.com/product/25KDDFBWH/eyecup-adapter-for-fuji-x-t10-x-t20-v3

I ordered one up, came in under a week and works a treat with a third party DK19 from Ebay
Much more comfortable and has overcome for me one of the main drawbacks of these cameras
I use the LCD screen more than the viewfinder but this looks effective and is sensibly priced. Nice find!

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of some Candy (Sweets) on a street market stall that I thought looked attractive & colourful.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/120th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Candy (Sweets)-03239 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Lovely George #Fujicolours or #Fujicolors for my American friends

I keep reading about the 35 f1.4. My go to lens when I had the Canon and Sony was the 50 1.4. Can anyone give me a heads up on the quality of this lens? I have my 23 1.4 which I don't really use that much (Seem to stick with the 56) but I'm thinking of giving the 35 a go

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of some Candy (Sweets) on a street market stall that I thought looked attractive & colourful.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/120th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Candy (Sweets)-03239 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Poppin’ colours, George.

I keep reading about the 35 f1.4. My go to lens when I had the Canon and Sony was the 50 1.4. Can anyone give me a heads up on the quality of this lens? I have my 23 1.4 which I don't really use that much (Seem to stick with the 56) but I'm thinking of giving the 35 a go
Either the 1.4 or f2 are great lenses. If f2 is fast enough, i would go for that as it’s weather-resistant and slightly lighter/more compact. Also quicker focussing.

I would think either would be better than the Canon 1.4, I had the 1.2,1.4 and 1.8, and the 1.4 was my least used.

35mm f1.4 is very sharp and much improved on the newer bodies. The bokeh can in certain situations be a little nervous for my taste. Having said that, if you can find a good used one for less than £300 I’d say it’s a must have lens for the Fuji system.

Ok, I'm going to list my 23 and see if I can find a good 35.

Lovely George #Fujicolours or #Fujicolors for my American friends

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

George.

Ok, I'm going to list my 23 and see if I can find a good 35.
Personally I think the 23 is in a different class to the 35, always found the 35 a bit clunky and it hunts in low light even on the XH-1 I had. If you can I would run both side by side for a while then make a decision which to keep.

Personally I think the 23 is in a different class to the 35, always found the 35 a bit clunky and it hunts in low light even on the XH-1 I had. If you can I would run both side by side for a while then make a decision which to keep.

That's my concern. I love the low light capabilities of the 23, and I really don't want to lose that. But 23 just isn't a focal length I use a lot

That’s true for the 1.4, but wasn’t my experience of the f2 on my late X-Pro2.

That's my concern. I love the low light capabilities of the 23, and I really don't want to lose that. But 23 just isn't a focal length I use a lot

I'm the same with that Sir, I have both the 23mm 1.4 & 35mm 1.4. Although I agree the 23mm is a truly excellent lens its just a FL (35mm FF) that I can never get on with. For me it always seems either too wide or not wide enough. Just my personal opinion of coarse.(y)

George.

I'm the same with that Sir, I have both the 23mm 1.4 & 35mm 1.4. Although I agree the 23mm is a truly excellent lens its just a FL (35mm FF) that I can never get on with. For me it always seems either too wide or not wide enough. Just my personal opinion of coarse.(y)

George.

Thanks George. As much As I love the lens for low light shots of my kids indoors, it just doesn't get used as much as I would have hoped. I always had the 50 on my bodies so maybe that says something!

Any details on the Black Friday deals? I am after either a 35f2 or a 23f2. I'm leaning towards a 23mm as I'll be using it more for landscapes than portraits.

You should buy an immaculate used 23 1.4 :D

Thanks George. As much As I love the lens for low light shots of my kids indoors, it just doesn't get used as much as I would have hoped. I always had the 50 on my bodies so maybe that says something!

I too Sir am much happier with a 35mm (50mm FF) on a camera. I guess it just goes back to times past when a 50mm on a 35mm film cameras was a standard lens and a 75/80mm was standard on a 6x6 RF camera. (y)

George.

Back