The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Is there are way to name cards formatted in camera something other than "Untitled"?

Is there are way to name cards formatted in camera something other than "Untitled"?
Not in camera. Obviously you can do this on your desktop, but equally obviously the name is deleted once the card is reformatted in camera.

Not in camera. Obviously you can do this on your desktop, but equally obviously the name is deleted once the card is reformatted in camera.
That's what I figured. It is the same with my GoPro. I did have an automated script to format and rename the card on my Mac, which I seem to have lost somewhere along the way. I may do some experimentation with rewriting that and seeing how the Fuji copes with a card formatted on the Mac.

That's what I figured. It is the same with my GoPro. I did have an automated script to format and rename the card on my Mac, which I seem to have lost somewhere along the way. I may do some experimentation with rewriting that and seeing how the Fuji copes with a card formatted on the Mac.
Not very well. I use a Mac, and I know you can knock up a macro in Automator, but I would strongly urge you to only reformat in camera. That way the appropriate directory structure is correctly created.

It is Chris Pine, was confirmed by someone on instagram!
Thanks. Stupidly, I saw your post previously only after I had asked the question. As others have said, this photo could have some real value!

Also, it’s depressing how good looking he is that he looks like he’s in a photo shoot while crossing the street.

I went in to town today, so thought I'd pop in to the local camera place and have a play with the X-T3 to see if it seems like a worthwhile upgrade from my X-T20 not.

I tried them both with the same lens (27mm f/2.8) so I could see the difference in the autofocus between them.

The X-T3 was much snappier, with my X-T20 hunting for focus a couple of times in the lighting they had in the shop, and the X-T3 hitting perfectly every time.

The eye AF was great too, had no troubles tracking the sales guys or other customers as they were moving around.

The body feels much better in the hand (in my opinion) and as small and petty as it may seem, the shutter seemed to be much quieter and nicer sounding too.

I also couldn't get over how much better the EVF was. I knew people had mentioned how much better it was in the X-T2, but I hadn't experienced it until now. It made the X-T20 EVF seem tiny and not very sharp.

Long story short, I'll definitely be saving for one, think it's well worth the money and should make for a nice double setup alongside my X-T20.

If anyone is after an X-T3, Amazon are doing it over five payments, no finance. You just pay it over five months. You have to have Prime and have the option enabled in your settings.

Whoops! mistaken post.

Last edited:
Love this one Pete. The Fuj really works with those colours.
Thanks Steve, was hard to get a decent angle due to so many people wandering around and walking in front of me, pretty pleased with the result.

Thanks Steve, was hard to get a decent angle due to so many people wandering around and walking in front of me, pretty pleased with the result.

I keep lusting after a 23 f1.4...... Would sit nicely with my 35 & 16.

I love the 23 f/1.4, never managed to gel with the 16 myself, quite happy with the 16-55 for the rare occasions I go wider.

23 and 56 my favourite combo.

A 16- 23 - 35 selection is equal to a traditional 24 - 35- 52 FF combination.

I would prefer the equivalent of a 28- 35 - 50- which is closer to a 18- 23- 34 crop range
this is probably why I like the 18-55 F2.8-4 so much but it adds up to 82mm to the equivalent range. Which covers the needs of people photography.

Back