The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of the famous "Prospect Cottage" where Derek Jarman used to live. I've included a small bit about him and the cottage below.
The space around this modest cottage in Dungeness, Kent, the former home of the multitalented filmmaker Derek Jarman (1942-1994), could be considered one of England’s best-loved gardens. The property is not open to the public, nor is it closed; visitors are free to wander. “The garden is the landscape,” says Jarman’s friend, the photographer Howard Sooley. “It ends at the horizon”.

This cottage is only a very short distance from the cottage that I acquired last fall, that I have renovated and now let out as a vacation let when I don't want to use it personally. :)

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/340th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Prospect Cottage (C) (Dungeness)-03292C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Really like that, George. Perfect composition and love the colours.

Really like that, George. Perfect composition and love the colours.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of the famous "Prospect Cottage" where Derek Jarman used to live. I've included a small bit about him and the cottage below.
The space around this modest cottage in Dungeness, Kent, the former home of the multitalented filmmaker Derek Jarman (1942-1994), could be considered one of England’s best-loved gardens. The property is not open to the public, nor is it closed; visitors are free to wander. “The garden is the landscape,” says Jarman’s friend, the photographer Howard Sooley. “It ends at the horizon”.

This cottage is only a very short distance from the cottage that I acquired last fall, that I have renovated and now let out as a vacation let when I don't want to use it personally.:)

George.
Nice composition and love the yellow

This cottage is only a very short distance from the cottage that I acquired last fall, that I have renovated and now let out as a vacation let when I don't want to use it personally.:)

George.
Love the colours :)

this sounds promising : Earlier today Adobe released Camera Raw 11.2 with a new detail enhancement feature, which promises 30% improved details rendering for Bayer and also for Fujifilm X-Trans files.

https://www.fujirumors.com

Quite possibly a stupid question, but as it is coming from me there should be no surprises!

Is the 'camera raw' software a background software? Ie, is it used by lightroom and photoshop for the raw conversion and I can carry on using both of those programmes and take advantage of the update without having to do anything?

Or, is is a separate software that I need to use to convert the raw files before importing to lightroom?

Quite possibly a stupid question, but as it is coming from me there should be no surprises!

Is the 'camera raw' software a background software? Ie, is it used by lightroom and photoshop for the raw conversion and I can carry on using both of those programmes and take advantage of the update without having to do anything?

Or, is is a separate software that I need to use to convert the raw files before importing to lightroom?

It’s basically the “engine” that Adobe use when processing RAW files in Lightroom or Photoshop.

It’s basically the “engine” that Adobe use when processing RAW files in Lightroom or Photoshop.
Actually... Judging by Matt Kloskowski's video this morning, certainly in LR you do have to do something different.
Once you've imported the image, you have to select "Enhance Details" in the "photo" menu, which then applies the changes.
It creates a .dng from the .raf
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnHmiJc_b1w

This was also interesting too:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNffbPEuaGY

Lovely shot, the sky is great, that is only 10 minutes away from me.
Yeah, you're probably pretty close to me tbh! It was too damn cold is my only complaint [emoji16]
That's really nice Ian, love the subject, light and composition.
Thank you. It's really tight to compose there and after adjusting the distorted perspective it's left me cropped too tightly to the right for me, needs more space. Beyond my ability to sort that in LR though [emoji1]

Yeah, you're probably pretty close to me tbh! It was too damn cold is my only complaint [emoji16]T]

I am in Ulceby on the South Bank, but work at Humberside Airport. I was in Hessle for 10 years up until a couple of years ago. I know a few lads I used to work with from N Ferriby. Nice part of the world :)

I am in Ulceby on the South Bank, but work at Humberside Airport. I was in Hessle for 10 years up until a couple of years ago. I know a few lads I used to work with from N Ferriby. Nice part of the world :)
Christ, you could probably walk to Wrawby then! Much else down your way worth photographing?

Don't think I've ever posted this here. Shot on one of my T2's attached to my Swarovski birding scope (probably equiv of around 1200-1500mm)

Not the greatest shot, but it was a heck of a long way away!!! I rarely put the camera on the scope as the slightest vibration causes an issue. Maybe with an X-H1 ?????

Sheffield Park Gardens by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Picked up the Xt3 yesterday, bit of a learning curve from the Xpro2

Newtown Isle of Wight this morning
Frost and Fog by Nick Lowe, on Flickr

"Excellent" Fujigraph, well composed, with lovely atmosphere & colours.(y)

Congrats on attaining an X-T3, they're a fantastic bit of kit, "Enjoy".

George.

Back