The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Had the X-T3 been introduced with IBIS I might not have jumped ship and gone with Nikon Z6. The H1 I had just didn't click with me for some reason, even though I was using it with the excellent but heavy 16-35.

What's the point of a camera having only partial weather-resistance?

It's cheaper to build.
The sony a7iii performs fantastically Well but to release at the price it did they had to cut corners on weather sealing and using an old gen evf and lcd.

It's cheaper to build.
The sony a7iii performs fantastically Well but to release at the price it did they had to cut corners on weather sealing and using an old gen evf and lcd.
Yes, but partial? It's like having a waterproof coat - except for the sleeves!

Yes, but partial? It's like having a waterproof coat - except for the sleeves!

Very many fashion walking Jackets and rain coats, have waterproof materials but no sealed (taped) seams.
Most cameras are much the same , waterproof metal and plastic bodies with unsealed junctions.

Very many fashion walking Jackets and rain coats, have waterproof materials but no sealed (taped) seams.
Most cameras are much the same , waterproof metal and plastic bodies with unsealed junctions.
Wouldn’t buy a coat like that. I can handle a camera with no proofing, but if it has some it should have all. Or else save money by having none.

I have a dilemma.
I have the XT1 with various lenses, no telephoto just the 18-135.
I have a Nikon FF but nearest telephoto lens I have is 70-300vr.
Now the dilemma.
Going to Alaska next May and really could do with a longer lens, looking at Fuji 100-400. Can’t afford new camera also ie T2 or T3. In your wise opinion, how does this lens fair on the T1?
I’m aware of Fuji’s current offer of cash back:)
I’m using my Nikon less and less but can’t quite bring myself to get rid.

What would you do?

I have a dilemma.
Now the dilemma.
Going to Alaska next May and really could do with a longer lens, looking at Fuji 100-400. Can’t afford new camera also ie T2 or T3. In your wise opinion, how does this lens fair on the T1?

What would you do?

Sell the Nikon kit (I did), and get a T2 or T3, then rent a lens from @StewartR for the trip, unless of course you need a longer lens anyway :)

I have a dilemma.
Now the dilemma.

What would you do?

X-T1 and 100-400 worked well, yes the X-T2 and then the X-T3 improved things but the setup worked well.

Cotswold Wildlife Park
by JJ_Glos, on Flickr

400mm 1/125 ISO 4000.

I will say that it wasn't the best setup for birds in flight of that's your thing?

X-T1 and 100-400 worked well, yes the X-T2 and then the X-T3 improved things but the setup worked well.

Cotswold Wildlife Park
by JJ_Glos, on Flickr

400mm 1/125 ISO 4000.

I will say that it wasn't the best setup for birds in flight of that's your thing?

No birds in flight is not my thing to be fair, mostly enjoy landscapes, hence my hesitation at spending over £1200. Wondering how much I’d use it after and will it just sit in the cupboard. That shot looks good mind.

Sell the Nikon kit (I did), and get a T2 or T3, then rent a lens from @StewartR for the trip, unless of course you need a longer lens anyway :)

I hadn’t considered this, possibly a compromise, upgrading the camera and renting the lens.
Wonder if @StewartR will be doing any offers before May next year? Have rented a couple of times from him, once during a cheeky half price offer? It will cost me near on £200 if not

Just can’t bring myself to do that right now, but will think on it;)

Well for me, I figured it was the only way, and considering I`d been with Nikon since a D40, It was actually very easy :)

No birds in flight is not my thing to be fair, mostly enjoy landscapes, hence my hesitation at spending over £1200. Wondering how much I’d use it after and will it just sit in the cupboard. That shot looks good mind.

I hadn’t considered this, possibly a compromise, upgrading the camera and renting the lens.
Wonder if @StewartR will be doing any offers before May next year? Have rented a couple of times from him, once during a cheeky half price offer? It will cost me near on £200 if not

Sounds like a defo case for rental then tbh. Go for the existing customer discount ;) ... He can only say no.

Well for me, I figured it was the only way, and considering I`d been with Nikon since a D40, It was actually very easy :)

Sounds like a defo case for rental then tbh. Go for the existing customer discount ;) ... He can only say no.

That’s true, it can’t hurt :giggle: Don’t know why I didn’t think of it. :ROFLMAO:

Steve, I have the 16-55mm on my x-t2 and the 50-140 + t/c on my x-t3. I always take the tripod foot off, like you say easy to then hand hold. I did it with my Olympus 40-150mm too.
I hold my 50-140 by the tripod foot, am I doing it wrong ? lol

Hi guys, I’ve not been on here for a while. I’m thinking of selling my X-T2 plus grip and two lenses. The kit lens 18-55 no box for this, it was from my X-T1. And a 35mm f2. I’ve not used them since buying. They’re still in their boxes. I’ve no idea what they’re worth, so was hoping you could give me some idea. I’ve only taken a few snaps at home.
Thanks.

I recently (Jan) sold all my Nikon kit and switched to Fuji, picked up a X-T2 in the Jessops sales and absolutely love this camera, if I'd know about fuji 3 years ago I wouldn't of bothered with Nikon!

Hi guys, I’ve not been on here for a while. I’m thinking of selling my X-T2 plus grip and two lenses. The kit lens 18-55 no box for this, it was from my X-T1. And a 35mm f2. I’ve not used them since buying. They’re still in their boxes. I’ve no idea what they’re worth, so was hoping you could give me some idea. I’ve only taken a few snaps at home.
Thanks.
XT2 body around £500 but I would consider that the high end now given the XT3 release. Remember that price is only going to go down now, so sell quick if you need to.
Kit lens £250ish probably
35 f2 £150ish.

Just rough guesses, Remember its not just ebay prices (minus fees) you have to account for, the Fuji Refurb store regularly gets refreshed stock of all this stuff for decent prices.

Reactions: ASH
XT2 body around £500 but I would consider that the high end now given the XT3 release. Remember that price is only going to go down now, so sell quick if you need to.
Kit lens £250ish probably
35 f2 £150ish.

Just rough guesses, Remember its not just ebay prices (minus fees) you have to account for, the Fuji Refurb store regularly gets refreshed stock of all this stuff for decent prices.
Thank you. It give me a starting point.

Question for members who have the XF50-140mm on their X-T3. I need to get a bag so both the X-T3 and 50-140mm Attached go in, would the Peak Design Everyday sling 10L hold both ?
Well, it would be a tight fit, but yes if you don't want to put anything else in. I have that bag, and have owned both the X-T2 and X-H1 and 50-140. Nice bag, but more suited to camera plus two shorter lenses, eg, 16-35 plus 55-200.

Last edited:
Well, it would be a tight fit, but yes if you don't want to put anything else in. I have that bag, and have owned both the X-T2 and X-H1 and 50-140. Nice bag, but more suited to camera plus two shorter lenses, eg, 16-35 plus 55-200.

Thanks Stephen, might be a bit too tight for me. Just having a look at the PD backpacks.

I can just get the X-T2, grip, & 100-400 in a Slingshot 100, which isn't that big, so as the 50-140 is shorter you don't need anything huge, but it's the length that matters....

I've got one of those too ...the 20 Litre. Very configurable.
I can just get the X-T2, grip, & 100-400 in a Slingshot 100, which isn't that big, so as the 50-140 is shorter you don't need anything huge, but it's the length that matters....

Thank you both, now sorted out. I forgot I had the Slingshot 202 as just put the 50-140mm on the X-T3 and it goes in fine.
I have just taken the Tripod foot off too so that helps, but will have to remember NOT to let the camera hang down.

Back