The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Time to get a little more excited for the more budget conscious Fuji shooter! FW update:

Looks good, Keith (y) If I didn`t have a 56, I think I`d be tempted.
Thanks for posting :)

So I accidentally bought a Canon Pro-1000 at the Photo Show (well the double cashback was too good to resist), to say I'm impressed would be an understatement, I've also bought an X-rite i1-Studio so I can create my own ICC profiles easily, and whole thing works like a dream.

Setting up the new Fotospeed Legacy Gloss paper, Image from X-T2 + 16mm
P6vgU0Yh.jpg

Mailbox in Birmingham coming off the printer
8WV7sDyh.jpg

So I accidentally bought a Canon Pro-1000 at the Photo Show (well the double cashback was too good to resist), to say I'm impressed would be an understatement, I've also bought an X-rite i1-Studio so I can create my own ICC profiles easily, and whole thing works like a dream.

Setting up the new Fotospeed Legacy Gloss paper, Image from X-T2 + 16mm
P6vgU0Yh.jpg

Mailbox in Birmingham coming off the printer
8WV7sDyh.jpg

PMSL @ accidentally bought a Canon Pro-1000 ;) .... Nice one, mate (y)

I don't normally 'do' people pictures but it was the theme for our last club competition and I was pleased with the way this one converted to monochrome. Also impressed with the bitingly sharp details at the 55mm end of the 55-200 @ f4.

RAF Pilot by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

PMSL @ accidentally bought a Canon Pro-1000 ;) .... Nice one, mate (y)

Well I din't go to the show intending to buy one, but it was on my shopping list for later in the year!! The printer body has become the cheap part of the purchase, as since I spent another £100 on paper, £400 on an i1-Studio and am now about to pull the trigger on a set of replacement ink tanks (£450-£500) and maintenance tank (£20), as when first switched on the printer sucks about 50% of each tank into the lines, meaning that you will only get 50% usage out of first set of tanks before the tanks are empty (but the lines still full).

Any you thought Camera/Lens GAS was bad....... (someone buy my old Pro-100..it's in the classifieds.....I need the money for an ink fix....)

I don't normally 'do' people pictures but it was the theme for our last club competition and I was pleased with the way this one converted to monochrome. Also impressed with the bitingly sharp details at the 55mm end of the 55-200 @ f4.

RAF Pilot
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

If I had taken that Andrea, I`d be well chuffed. A great image and very well taken and goes great in mono.

Well I din't go to the show intending to buy one, but it was on my shopping list for later in the year!! The printer body has become the cheap part of the purchase, as since I spent another £100 on paper, £400 on an i1-Studio and am now about to pull the trigger on a set of replacement ink tanks (£450-£500) and maintenance tank (£20), as when first switched on the printer sucks about 50% of each tank into the lines, meaning that you will only get 50% usage out of first set of tanks before the tanks are empty (but the lines still full).

Any you thought Camera/Lens GAS was bad....... (someone buy my old Pro-100..it's in the classifieds.....I need the money for an ink fix....)

Ouch! That is some serious ink sucking, jeeze.

I really should know this given I'm over 6 years into Fuji X ownership, but I've been using a new X-T2 this weekend and after every shot I get a very brief flash of complete overexposure in the EVF (or LCD). Photos are fine but I can't remember this happening before, I've owned a couple of X-T2s, but not used them for a year so I can't remember if that's normal or not, is it?

I'll need to tinker but I think it's since I switched off Shutter AF and moved to back button focus.

Last edited:

RAF Pilot
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

That’s one very nice portrait style Fujigraph, great expression, some fine detail, and nicely presented in mono.

George.

Thinking about ditching the D750 and sigma 35 art combo, due to size mainly as it's often left at home.

How does the xt3 with 23 1.4 compare in terms of AF to the d750 with AF and tracking? I have a quick moving 2 year old.

Thinking about ditching the D750 and sigma 35 art combo, due to size mainly as it's often left at home.

How does the xt3 with 23 1.4 compare in terms of AF to the d750 with AF and tracking? I have a quick moving 2 year old.
For speed of focus and tracking, you'd likely want the 23mm F2. The results from the 1.4 lenses are beautiful but they're not the fastest in a literal sense.

For speed of focus and tracking, you'd likely want the 23mm F2. The results from the 1.4 lenses are beautiful but they're not the fastest in a literal sense.
Is there a real noticeable difference? A 23/56 combo will probably give me everything I want. 56 for portraits and 23 for action and documentary. What the kit 18-55 like? Worth the extra?

In all honesty, I don`t find the 23 1.4 that much slower than the 35 art, if slower at all on my T2. The 56 is about on par with the 85 1.8G. No idea on tracking though. I had both on a D750 and D810.
Haven`t regretted jumping to Fuji at all, and my back and shoulders really appreciate it too ;)

I really should know this given I'm over 6 years into Fuji X ownership, but I've been using a new X-T2 this weekend and after every shot I get a very brief flash of complete overexposure in the EVF (or LCD). Photos are fine but I can't remember this happening before, I've owned a couple of X-T2s, but not used them for a year so I can't remember if that's normal or not, is it?

I'll need to tinker but I think it's since I switched off Shutter AF and moved to back button focus.

Not something I recall ever seeing, I can't really think what might cause that either tbh?

OOOPS just phoned WEX, but not for much, as I love the Black Peak Design strap I have I have just put in an order for another one but in Ash even came close to buying the new XF16mm f2.8 but held back.

You need a "GAS safe" sticker mate, or should I say "GAS unsafe" ;)

I know and agree, thank god I thought NO I don`t need another lens :D

Just take your clicky finger out of service for a while ;) .... But then again, I guess you can (almost) justify any purchases, considering the saving you made on that T3 (y)

Just take your clicky finger out of service for a while ;) .... But then again, I guess you can (almost) justify any purchases, considering the saving you made on that T3 (y)

Deal of the century was the T3, I was looking at small cameras that will go in my pocket easier than the X100F but damned if I could find one.

Blimey, you miss a lot of good shot when you're away a few days! Super stuff, folks.

Here's a one from Sunday afternoon. Queen's Lane is definitely one of the most distinctive streets in Oxford, but I've struggled to take a picture there that made me happy. This one is certainly my best to date...:)

Freewheeling
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nicely taken image Dave, great how you caught the light on the bike against the wall.

It seems you can get the X-T30 body for £849 or the X-T30 body with an XC 15-45 lens for £899 ! Is the lens that bad or is this just Fuji's strange pricing?

Deal of the century was the T3, I was looking at small cameras that will go in my pocket easier than the X100F but damned if I could find one.

Haha what a shame you had to put up with a T3 instead ;)

Very nicely taken image Dave, great how you caught the light on the bike against the wall.
Cheers Dave! The light on the bike was the first thing I noticed, then it occurred to me that a second bike might work well, and it's not a place where you have to wait for long!

It seems you can get the X-T30 body for £849 or the X-T30 body with an XC 15-45 lens for £899 ! Is the lens that bad or is this just Fuji's strange pricing?

Reviews show it to be sharp enough...However it Zooms by wire.
It can be found at prices from about £140 to £260 new and from about £110 used

But mostly it comes as part of a kit at a promotional sort of cost.
One would suppose that users are likely to buy other lenses once they have the body... so the price is not quite as mad as it seems.

Has anyone bought the XT30 yet?
If so...
What do you think of It .....?

Back