The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Blimey, you miss a lot of good shot when you're away a few days! Super stuff, folks.

Here's a one from Sunday afternoon. Queen's Lane is definitely one of the most distinctive streets in Oxford, but I've struggled to take a picture there that made me happy. This one is certainly my best to date...:)

Freewheeling
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Like that David works a treat. Two bikes in Oxford whatever next.

Mistaken posting. :banghead:

Last edited:
Now that is an example of a sharp nicely lit and exposed image with excellent smooth bokeh in the background.

@Dave70D...... That Roxi is a canny lass....

It's a cracking lens, and focal length.... Love that second one.
I've found I'm gravitating towards longer focal lengths now having been set on my 10-24mm for so long as my favourite lens.

Now I have this and the 16-55mm though, the 10-24mm has been relegated and only used for sub-16mm focal lengths.

I've found I'm gravitating towards longer focal lengths now having been set on my 10-24mm for so long as my favourite lens.

Now I have this and the 16-55mm though, the 10-24mm has been relegated and only used for sub-16mm focal lengths.

I still find the 10-24 a great walk about lens, but then I don't have the 16-55 f2.8..... The 10-24, 16-55 & 50-140 make a heck of a kit bag, albeit a little on the heavy side.

I've been going out with one T2 & the 16mm f1.4 recently. I can get that with a few filters my wallet, phone & keys all in my small Billingham bag.

I still find the 10-24 a great walk about lens, but then I don't have the 16-55 f2.8..... The 10-24, 16-55 & 50-140 make a heck of a kit bag, albeit a little on the heavy side.

I've been going out with one T2 & the 16mm f1.4 recently. I can get that with a few filters my wallet, phone & keys all in my small Billingham bag.
Yeah, they're not the smallest or lightest out there that's for sure. Add in a 1.4tc and that's me done I think.

If I want light, I just grab my ONA Bowery and X100F [emoji41]

Has anyone ever tried the Fuji 2x converter on the 50-140 F2.8 ? I like the idea of a 150-420 F5.6 (effective for F/L) zoom for close up wildlife, but am not sure how much a hit quality will take with the converter ?

I know it took Nikon 3 versions of their TC-20 III to get a converter that approached anything like decent, but even that visible degraded the image.

Has anyone ever tried the Fuji 2x converter on the 50-140 F2.8 ? I like the idea of a 150-420 F5.6 (effective for F/L) zoom for close up wildlife, but am not sure how much a hit quality will take with the converter ?

I know it took Nikon 3 versions of their TC-20 III to get a converter that approached anything like decent, but even that visible degraded the image.

converters magnify the image faults and all.
losses in quality are inevitable, but that does not mean that they are visible in practice.
The best matched converters as exceptionally high quality.

You can think of most telephoto lenses as a standard lens combined with a magnifying group of elements.
A 2X converter is increasing the power of those elements.
It adds glass surfaces and changes the light path, But if computed as part of the original lens, it can do absolutely minimal harm to the image.
This is why they are recommended for some lenses and not others, as they are lens specific.
Fuji converters are amongst the best.

I have added the 2x TC to my 50-140 and am pleased with the results. Used that combo on safari and it worked well. Also tried the 1.4x TC with that lens but concluded it really wasn't worth adding for the negligible added reach hence deciding on the 2x.

Interesting as I'd considered the 1.4tc. Any examples of the 2x combo?
I have added the 2x TC to my 50-140 and am pleased with the results. Used that combo on safari and it worked well. Also tried the 1.4x TC with that lens but concluded it really wasn't worth adding for the negligible added reach hence deciding on the 2x.

Back