The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The other review was from Mattias Burling, I've found him very solid over the years, about as non-bias as you can get. He shoots Canon, Panasonic, Fuji and Nikon and reviews everything from cheap vintage lenses and older cameras to the very latest, no matter the manufacturer. When I shot Fuji I watched a lot of this guy's vids too though his channel was under a different name at the time - I would say he is more bias toward Fuji gear as it's what he has been using a long time. He does show proof here though and I agree, lens variation is a put off, this happens with Viltrox adapters also [the budget alternative to Metabones] - I own one of their AF adapters and mine is fine [I have only one tested one lens though, with another on the way] but I've read from others who claim theirs is a dud. In that case the Metabones is 5 times the price but they are more consistently relaible. What i do know about Viltrox though is that they are great for FW updates, my adapter is currently on FW 3.3 and each time it has improved for AF reliability. Over time this lens will only get better.

Yeah I'm familiar with his content and enjoy his videos. Hopefully more reviews will follow.

Could someone give me some long exposure help ? I've bought my first 10 Stop ND filter !

I have followed a recommended procedure and the long exposure calculator app states that I need to set my shutter speed at 1 min 8 seconds (just a test shot indoors) but when the shutter speed dial is set to T the shutter speed jumps from 60 seconds to 2 minutes and then to 4 etc - how do you choose in between these set times?

thanks

I've wanted to mess about with one of these for a bit! Where did you buy it from?

Plenty of them on Amazon. I bought an 80mm one, but it's a lot heavier than I anticipated... Also, make sure you get one with a stand, I didn't and I'm regretting that already...

Could someone give me some long exposure help ? I've bought my first 10 Stop ND filter !

I have followed a recommended procedure and the long exposure calculator app states that I need to set my shutter speed at 1 min 8 seconds (just a test shot indoors) but when the shutter speed dial is set to T the shutter speed jumps from 60 seconds to 2 minutes and then to 4 etc - how do you choose in between these set times?

thanks

As far as I know, you can't. But the difference between 60 seconds and 68 is negligible from the point of view of exposure.

I got a nice surprise the other day that the XT-2 was able to go past 30s exposure in camera without using bulb mode! Very cool! 40 and 50s was pretty seeet to try out.

Was talking about a relocation to Cornwall during the drive home.

Our relocation (if it ever bloody happens) is South West Wilts, on the borders with Dorset & Somerset. We thought about Cornwall as my brother lives in St Mawgan, but we were meant to be moving closer to our son in Bristol; plus my brother keeps telling me you can't move down there in the holiday season....

thanks
use bulb mode. If very carefully you can hold down the shutter button for the 68 seconds but you are likely to get some movement. Ideally you need to use a remote release with a lock off for the 68 seconds. As above though, difference between 60 and 68 seconds is not enough to make a diference to an image, try 60 seconds, if too dark use 1/3stop of compensation.

I just used the filter lots and you get used to how long you need for various effects and then adjust your settings to achieve the shutter speed desired

use bulb mode. If very carefully you can hold down the shutter button for the 68 seconds but you are likely to get some movement. Ideally you need to use a remote release with a lock off for the 68 seconds. As above though, difference between 60 and 68 seconds is not enough to make a diference to an image, try 60 seconds, if too dark use 1/3stop of compensation.

I just used the filter lots and you get used to how long you need for various effects and then adjust your settings to achieve the shutter speed desired

Yes, good point. Bulb mode is the way to go, it's just my brain isn't working this evening! And cable release or remote definitely required, I agree.

Lol, not as bad as sitting at a location trying to find the menu option for manual and continuous focus on the newly acquired XT-3! Didnt click until I got home that I remembered its a switch on the front of camera!

thanks
As the guys above say, use the closet shutter speed you can or get a remote release. But also don't rely on your calculator. The cheaper ten-stoppers are only approximately 10-stops and I've seen online tests where it seems individual copies can range from 8-12 stops. I've never tried an expensive ten stopper but wouldn't expect them to be dead-on 10-stops either. So be prepared to adjust exposure if needed

I've never tried an expensive ten stopper but wouldn't expect them to be dead-on 10-stops either. So be prepared to adjust exposure if needed

:agree: I tend to take a range of shots at various settings to get what I need, it's not an exact science, but it all adds to the fun....

Quick question please peeps.....which adaptor ring for the lee foundation holder, standard or wide when going on the 18-55 kit lens?

Need some urgent Xt2 help guys! I'm stuck with the message 'frame no. Full' and can't shoot. I've reached frame 99-9999 and even though I've set it to renew file names, it hasn't nor can I create a folder on the card, and trying to use a different file name doesn't work either!

I'm in York, supposed to be going to the Rail museum tomorrow and it's my only camera!

Need some urgent Xt2 help guys! I'm stuck with the message 'frame no. Full' and can't shoot. I've reached frame 99-9999 and even though I've set it to renew file names, it hasn't nor can I create a folder on the card, and trying to use a different file name doesn't work either!

I'm in York, supposed to be going to the Rail museum tomorrow and it's my only camera!

My camera has a “frame number full error” message or my memory card is filling up prematurely.
Question:
My camera has a “frame number full error” message or my memory card is filling up prematurely.

Answer:
Frame Number Reset

1) Turn on camera and press (menu/ok) for Language then for the date. (If it hasn’t been set yet)

2) Press (menu/ok) again then scroll down to (SET- UP) and scroll right.

3) Scroll down to (FRAME NO.) then scroll right and select (RENEW) then press (menu/ok)

4) Press (menu/ok) and scroll down to (SET-UP) and scroll right until you are at Tab 2.

5) Then scroll down to (FORMAT) then scroll right and choose(OK) then press (menu/ok)

*** To check the frame #, take a picture and press the playback button. If the frame begins with “100- “””” then camera is set.

Picked one up this morning but only had chance for a couple of snaps on the way home, hope to get out with it this weekend. It seems well suited to the X-T30 :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics when you get a chance.

Two new toys to play with over the next few days.....

Thanks to Nick I now have a 90mm f2, and I've been thinking about a "Lensball" for ages. Just need to get out and play now...

View attachment 241434
Hope you enjoy it Steve. Get some pictures up!

Edit- just seen a couple. Nice!

Last edited:
Agreed. I'll have a bash in photoshop later... or go move their bin and shoot it again [emoji16]

I had a quick go yesterday. and just zoomed righ in to 600% :) The lampost was the bugger though.

Back