The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Don't know if its just me, but I can't find an updated XT3 manual anywhere, does one actually exist?...

I have seen quite a few reports that the X-T30 Q button is easily pressed accidentally with the consequent annoying Display popping up.
They have issued a firmware update to make it less sensitive, and another one is in preparation.
Neither of these solutions seems to fix the actual issue of it being too easily activated. as it is proud of the thumb rest and so very easily pressed.

It would seem to me that the button should be slightly depressed within its setting. This could be potentially fixed in three ways.
1-By physically removing some of the button thickness.
2- By building up the surround with a ring of Sugru.
3- by making a cap to fit over the thumb rest, Much like making a thin tooth crown with a hole in the centre.
Possibly some one could persuade a friendly dental technician to make a few to sell.

Last edited:
Step children to the zoo yesterday - Simples

9QitVaOh.jpg

Still trying to get to grips with an ultra wide angle lens but I'm really starting to enjoy using the 10-24 - is it just me or is it just a lovely lens to use ? Not to big not to small, sharp and I love the fact that it zooms internally.

One taken on Friday - a walk in the Peaks, from Fernilee Reservoir to Shining Tor and Cats Tor.

Still trying to get to grips with an ultra wide angle lens but I'm really starting to enjoy using the 10-24 - is it just me or is it just a lovely lens to use ? Not to big not to small, sharp and I love the fact that it zooms internally.

One taken on Friday - a walk in the Peaks, from Fernilee Reservoir to Shining Tor and Cats Tor.

You're not wrong, it is a very handy lens, great colours, picks up great detail too. When I first got mine I used it as an "everyday" lens. 24mm on the X series is a nice focal length.

Just bought my first Fuji. I know this thread is for different models but I’m absolutely blown away by the XH1. Converted!

Just bought my first Fuji. I know this thread is for different models but I’m absolutely blown away by the XH1. Converted!

That’s a positive “RESULT” in my book, “ENJOY”.

George.

I'm in Korea at the moment and I find myself really loving the 16 F2.8 more and more.

I've so far used it more than my most used lens the 23 f2.

It's a terrific little lens to travel around with.

Now I've sold my X-H1 to addicknchips, there goes the last of my spare genuine Fuji NP-W126S batteries for the remaining X-T3. I now have just one original unit and two ExPro White (NP126 type - not S), and whilst they work fine, they give that little warning every time you switch the camera on, so looking for a battery that's a bit more compatible.

Therefore, aside from the genuine units (which are £50 a pop), is anyone else using good quality clones that work exactly like the Fuji original units in the X-T3, or should I just bite the bullet and buy originals ?

Now I've sold my X-H1 to addicknchips, there goes the last of my spare genuine Fuji NP-W126S batteries for the remaining X-T3. I now have just one original unit and two ExPro White (NP126 type - not S), and whilst they work fine, they give that little warning every time you switch the camera on, so looking for a battery that's a bit more compatible.

Therefore, aside from the genuine units (which are £50 a pop), is anyone else using good quality clones that work exactly like the Fuji original units in the X-T3, or should I just bite the bullet and buy originals ?

I haven’t had any warnings in my X-H1 with these.

Thanks I'll give them a try.

Back