The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Quick question peeps, should I keep the 90mm and 60mm macro, or trade the 2 in against the 80mm macro?
Want to get back to a bit more macro, but not sure if the 80 stacks up against the 90 for portraits and bokeh [emoji57]

Quick question peeps, should I keep the 90mm and 60mm macro, or trade the 2 in against the 80mm macro?
Want to get back to a bit more macro, but not sure if the 80 stacks up against the 90 for portraits and bokeh [emoji57]

If I were to get rid of my lenses, the 90mm would the one I`d keep.

The 80mm is super super sharp, and the bokeh is not as nice as the 90mm. The sharpness can obviously be soften in post. The 90mm is an amazing lens and delivers wonderful portraits.

You know you really need the 90mm and the 80mm!!

My answer to this would be if you want to get back into macro properly then get the 80mm macro lens which can also make a fine job of portraits.
If portraits are your main subject matter then keep the 90mm lens which can only dabble with macro with help from some attachments.

George.

Keep the 90 and get a set of tubes. Haven't tried the 60, but the 90 & 35 f1.4 both work great on tubes. A lot cheaper, and after having the both the 80 & the 90, I would stick with the 90 all day for portraits....

I would agree with Jelster
Keep the 90 and get some tubes. Then see how you get along on the macro front, with that set up (y)

Ill give the 90 a bash with the 11mm tube and see what happens...if not I guess ill have to start saving for the 80, or maybe the Samyang 100, don't know what that's like...

Ill give the 90 a bash with the 11mm tube and see what happens...if not I guess ill have to start saving for the 80, or maybe the Samyang 100, don't know what that's like...

A couple of mine on Flickr with the 90 & tubes:

One, Two, Three

Shot on a T2, auto AF....

That’s probably a good idea to try it that way, but remember adding an 11mm or the 16mm tube to the 90mm won’t give you true macro in the real sense, it’ll only give you better degrees of close up. And of course you can always add tubes to the 80mm macro lens which will mean you can focus even closer than true macro which begins at 1-1, one other thing the 80mm is a stabilised lens which is useful with macro work, where the 90mm isn’t.

George.

Last edited:
That’s probably a good idea to try it that way, but remember adding an 11mm or the 16mm tube to the 90mm won’t give you true macro in the real sense, it’ll only give you better degrees of close up. And of course you can always add tubes to the 80mm macro lens which will mean you can focus even closer than true macro which begins at 1-1, one other thing the 80mm is a stabilised lens which is an asset with macro work, where the 90mm isn’t.

George.
Yep, that's what I need to weigh up, the ois would be good, I used to shoot the 1dx with the 100mm L macro, and used to love that...

Oops

I think I made a mistake with the dates when resetting one of my T2's yesterday... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 245960

Yesterday-You-Said-Tomorrow_Shia-Laboeuf_Mentorless.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

X-T30 using the Viltrox manual adapter and the Nikon 60mm f2.8 D.

This 5 cent coin is about the same size as a 20p.

Focus drops off on the right hand side, I don't think I was quite square with the coin.
Fuji XT-30 with Viltrox adaptor for Nikon. Nikon 60 f2.8D by Dean McBryde, on Flickr
f2.8

Fuji XT-30 with Viltrox adaptor for Nikon. Nikon 60 f2.8D by Dean McBryde, on Flickr
f2.8

f8

f16

f32

Last edited:
X-T30 using the Viltrox manual adapter and the Nikon 60mm f2.8 D.

This 5 cent coin is about the same size as a 20p.

Focus drops off on the right hand side, I don't think I was quite square with the coin.
f2.8

f2.8

f8

f16

f32
Thanks for these, will look into the Nikon lens, cheers

Reactions: DpM
Yep, being trying different crops as there's no headroom above the boat, thought the square may even it up a bit, but not sure...
That's a beaut, not to sure on the crop ratio, think I might prefer a portrait orientation but this is cool too

Yep, being trying different crops as there's no headroom above the boat, thought the square may even it up a bit, but not sure...

Could you not add a bit more sea above the boat, to give you more room to play?

My pp skills are severely lacking, did think about that, off to YouTube to find out how [emoji16]

Depending on if you have PS/LR

Expand canvas size, then use the rectangle marquee tool on top, and content aware fill. Job done (y)

Last edited:
Hope you don`t mind but I just did a quick n nasty edit to show you.

47929379591_4fce726d6b_b.jpg

I like it, and I don't mind, will have a go at the original larger file with more pesky pixels in it..

No worries. Hope you can sort it. Personally I think portrail orientation looks better than square.

Seeking advice... can the Tele-converter 1.4 be attached to any Fuji lens, or only to designated lenses?

Only the 90mm, 50-140mm and 100-400mm

Back