The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Some touristy shots from Venice:

1. St Mark's square soon after dawn
Venice_Sq-12 by Ian, on Flickr

2. The classic view from Accademia bridge
Venice_Sq-02 by Ian, on Flickr

3. Bobbing gondolas
Venice_Sq-04 by Ian, on Flickr

Loads more to process but these were the easy ones. All with X-T2 and 10-24mm I think.
Nice. Three absolutely classic views, but sooo hard to resist :). I like the placement of the gondola in the Accademia shot.

Some touristy shots from Venice:

1. St Mark's square soon after dawn
Venice_Sq-12 by Ian, on Flickr

2. The classic view from Accademia bridge
Venice_Sq-02 by Ian, on Flickr

3. Bobbing gondolas
Venice_Sq-04 by Ian, on Flickr

Loads more to process but these were the easy ones. All with X-T2 and 10-24mm I think.

Three "Excellent" Fujigraphs, beautiful light with good composition.

George.

Loving all the shots from differing Fuji models, so sharp and colours that pop, hopefully work wont get in my way in future and I will be able to get some equally as good.

Another from Chania. I do try not to make a nuisance of myself. Honest guv. ;) But I was trying to take a quick picture here of the plants and the shadows, when the rather formidable lady owner appeared and gave me a classic Paddington Bear Hard Stare. I beat a hasty retreat, but couldn't resist one more picture :D Hopefully she's pretty used to tourists by now, given that she lives about fifty steps from the historic harbour where they all have coffee.

Proprietorial
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Another from Chania. I do try not to make a nuisance of myself. Honest guv. ;) But I was trying to take a quick picture here of the plants and the shadows, when the rather formidable lady owner appeared and gave me a classic Paddington Bear Hard Stare. I beat a hasty retreat, but couldn't resist one more picture :D Hopefully she's pretty used to tourists by now, given that she lives about fifty steps from the historic harbour where they all have coffee.

Proprietorial
by David Hallett, on Flickr

She looks like she`s ready to do battle :) Great pic (y)

Very nice Fujigraph, unusual to see a mono presentation of a flutterby but works really well fo me.

George.

Busy day yesterday, shot some of the Brighton Disabled Gay Pride and was happy to get a few good shots even of Elton John then off to the music hall and then jazz night. Taken with X-T3 + XF16-55mm.

Jazz Night by Dave, on Flickr

I've been offered a very decent amount for my 16-55, enough to get the 16 1.4 with change to put toward another prime. But I've turned it down for now! I think it'll be a hard lens to let go of, it's so good - sure I'd love to have 1.4, and the close focusing of the prime is attractive, but you can get similar DOF and close ups by zooming to 55mm and DOF is about as shallow as I really need at closest focus, 55mm, 2.8. I have said I'll think about it, but I'm not anywhere near as close to jumping at such an offer as I would have been a few weeks back. Having used the zoom at a few family outings it's just so nice to have that one reliable lens on for most of the day without needing to think about it

I've been offered a very decent amount for my 16-55, enough to get the 16 1.4 with change to put toward another prime. But I've turned it down for now! I think it'll be a hard lens to let go of, it's so good - sure I'd love to have 1.4, and the close focusing of the prime is attractive, but you can get similar DOF and close ups by zooming to 55mm and DOF is about as shallow as I really need at closest focus, 55mm, 2.8. I have said I'll think about it, but I'm not anywhere near as close to jumping at such an offer as I would have been a few weeks back. Having used the zoom at a few family outings it's just so nice to have that one reliable lens on for most of the day without needing to think about it

But ones a great lens and the other is exceptional!!!! GAS will get you in the end

I treated myself to a new lens at the weekend, been too busy re-vamping my home office to try it much, but have taken a few test shots, pretty pleased with it, the colour and bokeh rendering are spot on (IMHO), the only problem is now that I'm 2 lenses above my self imposed target of 5 lenses (but still way short of the frankly stupid 11 that I owned at one point!)....time to cull shortly.......

tcQpRPVh.jpg

'A' is for.....

YrKtdmkh.jpg

Daisy

5obM4Kth.jpg

Genie

But ones a great lens and the other is exceptional!!!! GAS will get you in the end

I treated myself to a new lens at the weekend, been too busy re-vamping my home office to try it much, but have taken a few test shots, pretty pleased with it, the colour and bokeh rendering are spot on (IMHO), the only problem is now that I'm 2 lenses above my self imposed target of 5 lenses (but still way short of the frankly stupid 11 that I owned at one point!)....time to cull shortly.......

tcQpRPVh.jpg

'A' is for.....

YrKtdmkh.jpg

Daisy

5obM4Kth.jpg

Genie

This may well be the case but one is much more versatile to boot. Being that it's summer 2.8 is plenty enough but I reckon as we head toward Autumn I will crave the wider aperture more so

16mm F1.4 on a February Day, hit 1/32000 on ES !!!!!

Pier Head - Liverpool Photowalk Feb18
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

That's a bit crazy alright, but I don't think you'd hit anywhere close to that on a dark dank November eve :D

I really do like the look of this lens, it's my cuppa in general only it being stuck at 16mm, I don't tend to shoot that wide often. But everything else, the sharpness, the 1.4 and that close focusing are all pretty tasty. I'd have to think what prime I would prefer to pair it with if I went that route. I prefer to stick to 2-3 lenses, 4 max or I just get a bit irritated because I feel like I should be making use of them all every outing. This zoom has calmed that a bit for now

What's the lens you got earlier? I thought you'd just got the 16 but now I'm thinking it's the 56 [funnily enough someone also offered trade of the 56 1.2 for my 16-55 - now if only someone offered both! I'd jump at it :D ]

That's a bit crazy alright, but I don't think you'd hit anywhere close to that on a dark dank November eve :D

I really do like the look of this lens, it's my cuppa in general only it being stuck at 16mm, I don't tend to shoot that wide often. But everything else, the sharpness, the 1.4 and that close focusing are all pretty tasty. I'd have to think what prime I would prefer to pair it with if I went that route. I prefer to stick to 2-3 lenses, 4 max or I just get a bit irritated because I feel like I should be making use of them all every outing. This zoom has calmed that a bit for now

What's the lens you got earlier? I thought you'd just got the 16 but now I'm thinking it's the 56 [funnily enough someone also offered trade of the 56 1.2 for my 16-55 - now if only someone offered both! I'd jump at it :D ]

I've previously owned the 56, and I've owned the 16 for nearly 2 years!!! Anyway 'Z' is for....

c2xUAjRh.jpg

I going through a bit of a colour rendition phase, and that combined with the smooth bokeh and the build quality (and the fact I got a good it at a good price) persuaded me to part with my hard earned, its the 32mm F1.8, I'm probably the only one on the forum with one, funnily enough I never really got on with the 35mm F1.4, but this feels just right!!!

I've previously owned the 56, and I've owned the 16 for nearly 2 years!!! Anyway 'Z' is for....

c2xUAjRh.jpg

I going through a bit of a colour rendition phase, and that combined with the smooth bokeh and the build quality (and the fact I got a good it at a good price) persuaded me to part with my hard earned, its the 32mm F1.8, I'm probably the only one on the forum with one, funnily enough I never really got on with the 35mm F1.4, but this feels just right!!!

You might be the only one with one but I did look at one before buying the zoom. I had the 35 1.4 and it's fine, but it's nowhere near as amazeballs as people make out. The noise of the AF and awful corner softness until well stopped down are just 2 cons I can think of.

I did think about the XF16mm before I got the 16-55mm but I do like this lens.

I did think about the XF16mm before I got the 16-55mm but I do like this lens.

The combination I would probably go for if I did sell it would be the 16 1.4 and 50 f2 maybe. Or rebuy the 35f2 because I can get another canon 50 for peanuts and it's good enough

So, big question... 16-55 or a 56 1.2?

Have worked out (I think) my requirements and would either go for

1. 18-55 (as general lens, used for some home studio stuff), 16mm 2.8 as a wider lens and sometimes walkabout, 55-200 as a general zoom (at some point would like to trade up to 100-400 or 50-140), a 23 or 35mm general prime (f2) and the 56 1.2 as my good lens for portraits
  2. 16-55 (as a covers most things lens and so no 16mm needed), 23/35/50 f2 primes as i like primes, and the 55-200 as a general zoom
Both would be roughly the same budget wise so its get the heavier zoom and miss out on the 56 or vice versa.

Depending on your reason for switching to Fuji ... Mine was weight, so I've stuck with primes. I couldnthink see the point of loading up with hefty glass. But that was me.

Very nice Fujigraph, unusual to see a mono presentation of a flutterby but works really well fo me.

George.

Thanks, George. It's main coluring is dark brown and cream, so figured I'd give it a go.

tcQpRPVh.jpg

'A' is for.....

YrKtdmkh.jpg

Daisy

5obM4Kth.jpg

Genie
Rules are made to be broken, especially self imposed one's, unless of course you're just scared that Mrs P will answer the door to the courier :)

Depending on your reason for switching to Fuji ... Mine was weight, so I've stuck with primes. I couldnthink see the point of loading up with hefty glass. But that was me.

Weight was one aspect. The D750 is 840g and the 85mm was around 350g so about 1.2kg. The XT3 is 550g, the 16-55 is 650g so (so about the same as a DSLR and prime setup) and certainly lighter than D750 and 24-70 which I often didn't use.

Having f2 primes is not that different to my previous prime setup (2.8 20mm, 1.4 50mm and 1.8 85mm) and rarely shot wide open, 2.8 or 2 was the most. Do I NEED the 1.2... probably not! Think I am answering my own question!

Back