The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've been around the houses and back again and find myself in possession of an X-T1 for the second time. Don't know why I sold the last as I just love the way this thing handles and am more than happy with the results it produces. Limited budget so couldn't afford an X-T2, but I am very pleased to have one of these back in my back bag. Again, due to limited budget I only have a 16-50 attached to it at the moment, instead of an 18-55 which I had hoped to get. But do you know what, this is actually a really good little lens and the extra 2mm at the wide end is very good to have. I'm going to stick with it and maybe try to get a nice little prime next. Am thinking about the 35 f1.4. Really keen to get some nice portraits of the kids, so a nice fast normal prime would seem to fit the bill.

Last edited:
but I am very pleased to have one of these back in my back

Works better round the front, even the tilting screen can't reach that far :) have fun with your new camera

Nothing wrong at all with the 16-50, got the Mk II version almost permanently fixed on my X-E2
Save your pennies Pete, probably have my 18-55 up for sale soon and its as in as good nick as the X-T1

Works better round the front, even the tilting screen can't reach that far :) have fun with your new camera

Nothing wrong at all with the 16-50, got the Mk II version almost permanently fixed on my X-E2
Save your pennies Pete, probably have my 18-55 up for sale soon and its as in as good nick as the X-T1
Ah yes, edited that to what it was meant to say!

It is the Mk2 16-50 I have and for the money it is great.

I’m not a fan of LCE either, only ever purchased 2 used items from them, both faulty, returned for a refund. It’s just a waste of everyone’s time as they either don’t test used equipment or just hope no one notices they’re faulty.

When I traded in my old Canon gear at LCE the other week they went through it with a fine tooth comb ! I was in there for about an hour. Mind you I was trading in 3 bodies and 7 lenses !

When I traded in my old Canon gear at LCE the other week they went through it with a fine tooth comb ! I was in there for about an hour. Mind you I was trading in 3 bodies and 7 lenses !
They probably did that with this XT1 and offered a knock down price because of the lcd and then thought “let’s sell it as perfect and hope” lol

I've been around the houses and back again and find myself in possession of an X-T1 for the second time. Don't know why I sold the last as I just love the way this thing handles and am more than happy with the results it produces. Limited budget so couldn't afford an X-T2, but I am very pleased to have one of these back in my back bag. Again, due to limited budget I only have a 16-50 attached to it at the moment, instead of an 18-55 which I had hoped to get. But do you know what, this is actually a really good little lens and the extra 2mm at the wide end is very good to have. I'm going to stick with it and maybe try to get a nice little prime next. Am thinking about the 35 f1.4. Really keen to get some nice portraits of the kids, so a nice fast normal prime would seem to fit the bill.

That sounds like a positive result to me Sir, congrat's & "ENJOY".(y)

George.

I didn't fancy sending off my X-T1 for grip repair, as they wanted me to send it via a company in Dublin who were looking for warranty and all that Jazz [Fuji UK didn't look for this, just the serial numbers and said all was fine] - So I've requested the grip set to be sent out instead and I'll do it myself -

"
Thank you for your email

We will send you the grip set. Please allow up to 10 working days for delivery.

Kind regards

The Fujifilm X World Team"

Cool ... so I will be skinning my X-T1 some time soon, should be interesting :D

I've only had the X-T2 a month so I'm very much still getting used to it and processing its files, but here are a few from my trip last month. I am very pleased with it so far, and especially the 18-55 and 10-24 lenses. My shoulders are also grateful :)

41 Walled
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Blue Windows

42 Symmetrical

I recognized Ha'penny bridge right away :)

I knew I had a pic of it somewhere, didn't realise it was that far back though! [very small version as it's not a fooji pic :p

Ha'penny bridge by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great capture Jamie, what model of jet is that impressive looking machine called...? Nice ok.........stealth machine!

Regards;
Peter
Hi Peter, as Jelster says it’s a British fighter called a Lightning, a Mach 2.3 interceptor that served with the R.A.F. from the sixties through to the eighties. And it’s quite loud.

Hi Peter, as Jelster says it’s a British fighter called a Lightning, a Mach 2.3 interceptor that served with the R.A.F. from the sixties through to the eighties. And it’s quite loud.

Great images recently [emoji106]

Are you in the RAF or know someone who is?

Hah! No, I just attended an organised event for the Lancaster last week and The Lightning Preservation people held their get together at the weekend. I’m surprised there haven’t been other posts.

They're back! First fill of the feeders for this winter and it wasn't long before the hungry visitors arrived

All shot with the X-T1 + Super Takumar 200mm F4

Blue tit by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Robin's Return by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Chaffinches by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Oh Hi by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Had to log in to comment as you might know I love my bird shots. All very good but the Blue Tit for me is the best, nicely framed good eye contact and very nice detail.

Hah! No, I just attended an organised event for the Lancaster last week and The Lightning Preservation people held their get together at the weekend. I’m surprised there haven’t been other posts.

What a result! I’ll have to keep my eyes out for something similar

I've only had the X-T2 a month so I'm very much still getting used to it and processing its files, but here are a few from my trip last month. I am very pleased with it so far, and especially the 18-55 and 10-24 lenses. My shoulders are also grateful :)

41 Walled

Blue Windows

42 Symmetrical

You are learning very nicely with the X-T2 Andrea, I do like the Blue Windows shot, good reflections and a nice angle.

Had to log in to comment as you might know I love my bird shots. All very good but the Blue Tit for me is the best, nicely framed good eye contact and very nice detail.

Cheers Dave, I love the birds too, have always fed them through the winters. Unfortunately we have 2 cats, so I have to keep an eye, and keep the feeders up pretty high. I keep trying to work out a safe way to hang them and also get some nice shots, well, they gotsta pay for the seed somehow! :)

A snap from a dawn trip to Media City in Salford yesterday. I suspect evening is the best time to shoot here but I was time constrained. Weather was poor and I got nothing exciting, this is the best of a mediocre bunch.

1711_Manchester_010 by Ian, on Flickr
You found some nice foreground interest there.

I was there one evening a couple of years ago and it's great for sunset or blue hour photography. I'd definitely go back if we were in the area.

A snap from a dawn trip to Media City in Salford yesterday. I suspect evening is the best time to shoot here but I was time constrained. Weather was poor and I got nothing exciting, this is the best of a mediocre bunch.

1711_Manchester_010 by Ian, on Flickr
I was stood in that exact spot last Sunday (photos further up this thread).

Salford Quays really is a very photogenic place these days, especially at night.

I used to live there about 15 years ago and it's changed quite a bit.

Nice George.

How are you mounting the Nikkor lens on the X-T1 ?

He is using a Nikon to Fuji X adapter, like this here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Be...id=1510338514&sr=1-1&keywords=Nikon+to+Fuji+X

It's as simple as attaching the adapter to the lens, then mount the lens as normal, you will have to go into the menu and set the camera to "shoot without lens" and you can set the focal length you are using if you wish for exif data. Then you're ready to go. You do not get auto-focus, manual only.

If you fancy mounting Nikon G lenses however [newer lenses without aperture ring] you will require one more like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concept®-C...=1510338261&sr=8-1&keywords=Nikon+G+to+Fuji+X

Last edited:
A mono iteration from yesterday's trip to Swaledale. Loosely based on Acros+R in LR. (It was actually a lovely sunny day with distant black clouds!). X-T2 plus 10-24mm.

Storm Gathering Over Swaledale by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

Lovely shot I was up in Patterdale and the area last week weather was really kind to us all week :) this works really well in mone (y)

Nice George.

How are you mounting the Nikkor lens on the X-T1 ?

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated.(y)

"I'm now mounting the Nikkor lens via an adapter that I designed and made myself which enables me to stop the lens down to the desired F stop accurately and its nothing like the ones that are commercially available. I was using something like the one @Cagey75 said but decided it was not versatile enough so I made my own"

George.

Lovely capture well composed and you just have to love those Fuji colours !
Excellent work George (y)

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated.(y)

George.

I was fairly happy with this shot until a few weeks ago, when I realised that I'd completely stuffed up the WB, in that the froth of the waves was a serious shade of blue.:eek::eggface:

So here's the new version, which I think is actually better all around. The waves are still slightly blue, but I feel back within the bounds of reasonability! :D

Deepening (remix)
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Love it Great composition and I like the pp(y)

Last edited:
Been meaning to have a go at Astro for a while and it seemed to rude not to on a clear night in the lakes. Not a sharp as I would like need some more prancing with focusing etc...

Ashness Jetty by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 and Samyang 12mm

Very nice I was there last week like the fact you have taken time to shoot in the evening (y)

Back