The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I'm quite tempted to make a version of this one with "Greetings from Manorbier" in old-style curly type, just because it's so unpretty :) The 10-24 is quite good at detail, isn't it?

Flotsam
by David Hallett, on Flickr
It’s a great shot, and this lens is the main reason for keeping the X-T2 and not going completely X100F.

It’s a great shot, and this lens is the main reason for keeping the X-T2 and not going completely X100F.

Exactly the reason that when it came to it, I couldn’t let the X-T2 go..

Was out for a walk down at Portencross with my XT2 and 10-24,on the way back I watched the sunset over Arran and shot this on a gorilla pod sat on the rocks and 6 stop filter, just wish i had the 10 stop.I have overcooked the pic but like the effect.
View attachment 114557

Lovely image and great colours I was up there in August such a relaxing place.

All Photos-69 by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

There are rumors a Fuji X-T2s is in the pipeline for early 2018. The main upgrade is to have IBIS according to Fuji Rumors.

Im currently trying to decide which mirrorless to go for. Im torn between the Fuji X-T2, X-T2s if its released and the Sony A7RII or III (if I can justify the price!).

To all fuji owners, does the lack of IBIS hamper handheld shooting, especially in low light. A number of their primes and the 16-55 F2.8 on have lens ois.

Ben

There are rumors a Fuji X-T2s is in the pipeline for early 2018. The main upgrade is to have IBIS according to Fuji Rumors.

I can't work out why they would put energy into a body based OIS when the one they have now is more than adequate, and all other manufacturers moved away from it...

Im currently trying to decide which mirrorless to go for. Im torn between the Fuji X-T2, X-T2s if its released and the Sony A7RII or III (if I can justify the price!).

To all fuji owners, does the lack of IBIS hamper handheld shooting, especially in low light. A number of their primes and the 16-55 F2.8 on have lens ois.

Ben

This goes round and round, Fuji Rumors is essentially a click bait site. Fuji have said the image circle and the lens mount on the X-series cameras restricts the ability to add IBIS. Obviously you could have an IBIS mode and sacrifice the resultant image size, ie remove 5% resolution from around the edges of the sensor.

I don't feel the need for IBIS, its only really useful if nothing in the scene is going to move. I am happy when required in using a tripod, or further developing my high ISO processing skills!!

I can't work out why they would put energy into a body based OIS when the one they have now is more than adequate, and all other manufacturers moved away from it...

Many mirrorless cameras now have 5 axis in body image stabilisation e.g. Sony A7,A7R series, new Olympus M43 to work alongside lens OIS. Reading various articles Fuji were against IBIS but the performance of the Sony IBIS led to calls to have it in the new Fujis. Its still only a rumor though.

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2s-ibis-camera-will-ship-first-half-2018-will-announced/

IBS allows for lighter and smaller lenses. It also can provide that benefit when using the many lenses in their range that do not have stabilisation.
It also permits the use of third party and legasy lenses. However I do wonder how they will get over the problem of their narrow body throat causing vignetting at the corners of the sensor.

Many mirrorless cameras now have 5 axis in body image stabilisation e.g. Sony A7,A7R series, new Olympus M43 to work alongside lens OIS. Reading various articles Fuji were against IBIS but the performance of the Sony IBIS led to calls to have it in the new Fujis. Its still only a rumor though.

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2s-ibis-camera-will-ship-first-half-2018-will-announced/

I'd still ask why, when they have an in lens solution that works very well (one of the best I've used). As David above mentioned above, it would also mean reducing the image circle. Fuji Rumours is full of just that - rumours!!

IBS allows for lighter and smaller lenses. It also can provide that benefit when using the many lenses in their range that do not have stabilisation.
It also permits the use of third party and legasy lenses. However I do wonder how they will get over the problem of their narrow body throat causing vignetting at the corners of the sensor.

Yes, I understand that, but right now they have a series of lenses with OIS that works very well. It would mean they would need to produce new versions of all of those lenses....

Yes, I understand that, but right now they have a series of lenses with OIS that works very well. It would mean they would need to produce new versions of all of those lenses....

Eventually maybe they will but the existing lenses will doubtless still work perfectly fine on IS bodies. Panasonic have the same thing with both IS lenses and bodies.

I see the attraction of smaller, lighter and hopefully cheaper lenses, but the body would be heavier, and larger, and even more expensive!

Absolutely not. I am sure that they are likely to be able to use both systems at once, like some other manufacturers. Alternatively you could just switch one or the other off. There is no need at all to duplicate lenses. Most Future lenses may however be made without built in stabilisation.

I see the attraction of smaller, lighter and hopefully cheaper lenses, but the body would be heavier, and larger, and even more expensive!

Unlikely to be much bigger or heavier, but certainly more expensive.... but not necessarily much more than new models always are.

If you look at Sony APS-C and FF and MFT IMO the IS bodies aren't all that much bigger or more expensive so I doubt that Fiji's have to be.

I think IBIS will come to fruition if Fuji feel they need it to achieve parity with the competitors.

Medium format was until recently just a rumour, sure most of us would have said that was nonsense

Is anyone see having a problem claiming their cash back in the current Fuji promotion ?

When I enter the purchase date on the promotion website, it says that it's outside the claim window, which started on the 12th October but I bought the camera and lenses on the 21st !

I've contacted Fuji about this but wondered if anyone else is affected ?

Back