The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thank you, there does look to be sufficient detail but its hard to say from that. Though there is something about the colours that give it an 'unnatural' taste to me, which is subjective of course :)
You did click through to the Flickr version, I assume? Also, you've seen my full-size JPEG, so the detail issue on this one should hardly be in doubt. I know people talk about the Fuji colour but I think they really mean the JPEGs. When you shoot RAW, there is so much you can do with the colour balance that if you don't like what you get, you just need to process better until you get the results you're looking for, IMO. A camera is unlikely to do that for you. Having said that, if you have the A7II coming, you can try both cameras side by side, and see which is going to be easier starting point for the result you want. I'll be quite interested to see how they compare, just be aware that the different RAW files will need very different post processing.

Just to add another opinion to a "debate" that doesn't really need it ;)

I've shot quite a bit of leafy stuff recently (living in a forest and all) with the X-T10 (so previous gen processor to the T2 and in theory slightly less able to render details), below are a couple of samples where I have to same I'm perfectly happy with the levels of detail rendered...

The Forest by Ash Smith, on Flickr

The Wigwam (Explored) by Ash Smith, on Flickr

The Old Tree by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Forest Light by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Whatever it is other people are seeing as an issue, I i'm not, but I guess it's a case of "what has been "seen" can never be unseen" and therefore switching to another system is probably for the best.

Just saw tom offering his xt2 for sale on fb looks like he's made his decision.

A couple from Docklands - XT1 and Samyang 12mm. I went for a processing approach I think of as "An American photographer with a Nikon"-look, extra vibrant and contrasty.

Lotus by Ian, on Flickr

Baltimore by Ian, on Flickr
Very nice! You forgot to tell the ducks to hold still though :) I was standing on this very spot, Sunday lunchtime 9 days ago. Not sure I got anything this good, but I'll post it if I did!

Very nice! You forgot to tell the ducks to hold still though :) I was standing on this very spot, Sunday lunchtime 9 days ago. Not sure I got anything this good, but I'll post it if I did!
The place was full of gulls - who thankfully kept moving - and some little white birds that just sat there drifting. I think they look like toilet rolls that have been thrown from the terraces at a football match and quite like them.

Probably the last one from Newgale beach. As you can probably guess, I was all set up for a landscape shot when man and dog trekked across the scene. I didn't bother to change settings, just triggered the shutter at what seemed like the best time. But the sunset never really showed up (no surprise on a squally November afternoon) and in the end I liked this one best of all the shots taken with this view.

Evening walk
by David Hallett, on Flickr

The place was full of gulls - who thankfully kept moving - and some little white birds that just sat there drifting. I think they look like toilet rolls that have been thrown from the terraces at a football match and quite like them.
I think they look like alien spawn from yet another Doctor Who episode set in London :). But I rather like them too!

A couple from Docklands - XT1 and Samyang 12mm. I went for a processing approach I think of as "An American photographer with a Nikon"-look, extra vibrant and contrasty.

Lotus by Ian, on Flickr

A really great set and fantastic reminder of what the little Samyang can do :)

Probably the last one from Newgale beach. As you can probably guess, I was all set up for a landscape shot when man and dog trekked across the scene. I didn't bother to change settings, just triggered the shutter at what seemed like the best time. But the sunset never really showed up (no surprise on a squally November afternoon) and in the end I liked this one best of all the shots taken with this view.

Evening walk

I really like it! As much as I love a landscape, I always prefer a photo that tells a story :)

Lotus by Ian, on Flickr

Two very nice Fujigraphs Sir, liking both of these very much.(y)

George.

Evening walk

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good exposure, lovely moody sky, and really liking the human interest.(y)

George.

I really like it! As much as I love a landscape, I always prefer a photo that tells a story :)

Thank you kindly, and I think I agree, in principle. In practice, I find the combination rather a challenge! But in this case I got lucky and the elements came together.

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good exposure, lovely moody sky, and really liking the human interest.(y)

George.

Cheers George, very kind. It was actually a bit underexposed, so that the figures weren't too blurred from a long shutter speed, as I didn't want to go to shallow DoF. But the Fooj sensor still found a bit of shadow detail in the rocks, and as the living element was all blurry, I was more than happy for them to be silhouettes. Erm, that makes it sound like a plan. What actually happened was that I used the auto bracket feature, picked the best compromise of concerns and processed appropriately. But don't tell anyone :)

I'm going to be in London on Friday evening, with the camera, if anybody fancies joining me... Probably do a wander round Covent Garden, then make my way down to the South Bank.

Is anyone using an Arca Swiss compatible bracket on their XT2? I use horizontal plates on my big Nikons, but I'm contemplating an L bracket for my XT2, especially one where the vertical part can be removed.

I quite like the look of http://www.sunwayfoto.com/e_goodsDetail.aspx?gid=1416 but it is proving hard to find. Other options are Kirk and RRS, both of which cost considerably more.

Is anyone using an Arca Swiss compatible bracket on their XT2? I use horizontal plates on my big Nikons, but I'm contemplating an L bracket for my XT2, especially one where the vertical part can be removed.

I quite like the look of http://www.sunwayfoto.com/e_goodsDetail.aspx?gid=1416 but it is proving hard to find. Other options are Kirk and RRS, both of which cost considerably more.
Yes indeed. All the time. I use a cheapo Chinese thingy that came out almost as soon as the camera. The Sunwayfoto took some time to appear, or I'd have had one. I've used their gear before and it is all good stuff. Easily as good as the expensive names you mention.

Go for it. You won' be disappointed.

Yes indeed. All the time. I use a cheapo Chinese thingy that came out almost as soon as the camera. The Sunwayfoto took some time to appear, or I'd have had one. I've used their gear before and it is all good stuff. Easily as good as the expensive names you mention.

Go for it. You won' be disappointed.

I use a Sunway arca clamp on one of my ballheads and it feels well made. If I can track one down I'll give it a go.

I use a Sunway arca clamp on one of my ballheads and it feels well made. If I can track one down I'll give it a go.
Cameragear UK sell them. They are good to deal with. They sell via Amazon or eBay.
I've had quite a bit of stuff from them and it's all good. I'll see if I can find you a link.

Right. Here we go. Sunwayfoto plate from camera gear Uk is here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUNWAYFOT...-Compatible-/272958716024?hash=item3f8d9b7878

I use one of these cheapo copies...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camera-H...FL-XT2-X-T2-/252902609559?hash=item3ae22b9297

or there is this which gives an enlarged hand grip...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-Plate-...-XT2-Camera-/292359495410?hash=item4411fbdef2

One thing I have noticed is that the Sunwayfoto (Like Kirk and RRS) don't extend all the way across the base of the camera. This is to allow access to the battery compartment.
The cheapo Chinese copies do extend all the way across and have a hole to allow access. Works just fine and I can't see why others don't do it. I like the plate to run all the way across the bottom of my camera so the cheapo copy is just perfect for me. It's up to you which you prefer.

Right. I am getting totally peed off with this bloody Fuji.
I managed to do the upgarde of the whatever it was - only it isn't, it is a total downgrade. Now my computer won't recognise either the card in the card reader, or the camera plugged direct - so now I cannot download ANY pictures from the camera whatsoever. I have a feeling it will be given a float test very soon, either that or a flying lesson.....I am beginning to hate the bloody thing.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this should have happened NO it isn't RAW, it is just the same jpegs because I cannot deal with Fuji RAW and I am not upgrading my comuter so I can either, I am not made of money, having not earned a penny since June and no likelihood of any work this side of April and not a penny from the insurance yet either. Why would the upgrade make my pictures invisible suddenly?

Any update or has the camera been terminated?

Right. Here we go. Sunwayfoto plate from camera gear Uk is here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUNWAYFOT...-Compatible-/272958716024?hash=item3f8d9b7878

This is the same Sunway I have been able to find easily, but it's a little different to the two part version that has now appeared. http://www.sunwayfoto.com/e_searchResult.aspx?k=xt2 This shows both together.

I use one of these cheapo copies...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camera-H...FL-XT2-X-T2-/252902609559?hash=item3ae22b9297

or there is this which gives an enlarged hand grip...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-Plate-...-XT2-Camera-/292359495410?hash=item4411fbdef2

One thing I have noticed is that the Sunwayfoto (Like Kirk and RRS) don't extend all the way across the base of the camera. This is to allow access to the battery compartment.
The cheapo Chinese copies do extend all the way across and have a hole to allow access. Works just fine and I can't see why others don't do it. I like the plate to run all the way across the bottom of my camera so the cheapo copy is just perfect for me. It's up to you which you prefer.

I do like the idea of one that extends completely across the camera. As such, the cheap one probably suits me better!

Sorry. I didn' see a two part one.
The cheapo Chinese that I have is perfectly serviceable. Feels totally secure at all times. No point in spending your hard earned uneccessarily.

Back