The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Lovely, crisp colours and spot on exposure George. Love it

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

A few taken on a spur of the moment shoot not far from my house overlooking the River Clyde. It -5 or so at sunset here last night and although my hands were freezing, I wish I had more time with the light available.

The Eye of the Inversion
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

The Gateway to Heaven

Ben Lomond Bokeh

Cheers

Ian
These are lovely, Ian. I walked miles in the snow yesterday and can hardly move today! Whether I got anything useful in the very limited light we'll have to see...

These are lovely, Ian. I walked miles in the snow yesterday and can hardly move today! Whether I got anything useful in the very limited light we'll have to see...

Thanks, Dave. Much appreciated.

The colours were just sublime and I was gutted I didn't get longer. No tripod or filters with me so everything was taken with the 55-200mm handheld. There may be a few more edits coming, but I'm going to take my time with them I think.

Safe to say one will be getting printed I think.

That is pretty special right there!
Thank you! I've done another edit of a similar shot, this time pano using Classic Chrome rather than Velvia to mute the colours slightly.

Would be interested to hear which you think is better? I have my own thoughts, but will keep them to myself for now.

Uploaded to Flickr last night if you care to take a look (on mobile so can't link it myself).

Cheers

Ian

HI all. My friend who has a Fuji X-T2 kit has asked me to ask you guys what sensor cleaning kit you have used successfully on the X-Trans sensor bodies. He has a small price of crud on his sensor (most probably pollen) that his blower brush just won't shift so he's now looking at a wet clean (which he has done before on his FF Canon DSLR's, but never on the smaller sensor bodies),

Anyone any recommendations that won't break the bank this side of Christmas ?

Grandson No2's Birthday last week. Not sure about the "up the nose" look but I was trying to capture the older portrait in the shot and trying to bounce the flash in such a way that it wasn't reflected on his glasses or the older portrait.
Unfortunately I failed so ended up combining two shots where the reflections were better controlled.

How quick they grow by barrysprout, on Flickr
I like this. Very good idea.

Thank you! I've done another edit of a similar shot, this time pano using Classic Chrome rather than Velvia to mute the colours slightly.

Would be interested to hear which you think is better? I have my own thoughts, but will keep them to myself for now.

Uploaded to Flickr last night if you care to take a look (on mobile so can't link it myself).

Cheers

Ian

Can I be really awkward and say that I like the colour rendition of the first one and the composition of the second! In the pano the subject is larger in the frame, but the velvia colours create greater separation between the sea and the sky.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't help! :)

HI all. My friend who has a Fuji X-T2 kit has asked me to ask you guys what sensor cleaning kit you have used successfully on the X-Trans sensor bodies. He has a small price of crud on his sensor (most probably pollen) that his blower brush just won't shift so he's now looking at a wet clean (which he has done before on his FF Canon DSLR's, but never on the smaller sensor bodies),

Lenspen Sensorklear.

Can I be really awkward and say that I like the colour rendition of the first one and the composition of the second! In the pano the subject is larger in the frame, but the velvia colours create greater separation between the sea and the sky.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't help! :)
You're right, it doesn't [emoji16]

I will have a look later tonight though. Cheers mate.

Lenspen Sensorklear.

:plus1: for the SensorKlear, although it might not shift sticky pollen. Since your friend has used something on an FF sensor, a smaller version of whatever he's used before would be my suggestion if the SK doesn't do the job. FWIW, I use the SensorKlear as a one shot solution - I use them for one clean of the sensor then relegate them to filters, screens etc. rather than risk any crud scratching the sensor after successive uses.

:plus1: for the SensorKlear, although it might not shift sticky pollen. Since your friend has used something on an FF sensor, a smaller version of whatever he's used before would be my suggestion if the SK doesn't do the job. FWIW, I use the SensorKlear as a one shot solution - I use them for one clean of the sensor then relegate them to filters, screens etc. rather than risk any crud scratching the sensor after successive uses.

No need to treat as a once only usage, just dab the pad on the adhesive on the back of a Post-it note and that will remove any crud. Have been using the same one for probably 4 years now and it is as good as new.

Back