The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

One from today of my daughter. XT2, 56mm f1.2 @1.2 iso 2,000

DSCF3470-2 by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

You have just got to love that 56mm Nick, lovely shot of your daughter.

recent road trip to dalmally i just had to catch the sunsetting as i drove home
FUJI XT2 FUJI XF16-55

stuck in the middle by tam love, on Flickr

Really like this Tam just goes to prove atmosphere and lighting beats ultimate sharpness every day.

A little trip to Liverpool with @mickledore last night

180602 Port Of Liverpool Building
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

180602 Albert Dock 2
by David Yeoman, on Flickr

Really like the 2nd one David

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of the ball entering the basket during a game of basketball on the seafront.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1900th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Ball In The Basket (C)-03166C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Simple and effective Geoge and nice timing as well.

A friend asked me to take some shots of her for her website. One of these was to represent calm and confident when choosing clothes. (She's a therapist dealing with a lot of body issues) I like this as I think it conveys that, but any feedback would be good. I deliberately blew out the window, trying for an almost ethereal, angelic feeling.

DSCF3612-Edit by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

That certainly works Nick and totally fits the brief.

A Recent Visit To The Buachaille
it was freezing cold and my feet were numb standing in the river etive :eek:

FUJI XT2 FUJI XF 10-24mm 15sec f/8 ISO 200

blue mountain by tam love, on Flickr

:fuji:

Another belter Tam the things we do for a photograph :)

Trying to find some interesting angles on a very complicated building...

v2

v2

Like these Ash, the style of pp is spot on for my taste.

Just sorting through some old stuff and come across this which I ignored in favour of a shot I took a few minutes later.
Shot on auto white balance I the colour is probably a bit skewed towards the blue spectrum but that why it appeals I think.

Blue Hour by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed & exposed, and I think on this particular shot if the colour balance should be a bit off it doesn't matter. All works really well for me.(y)

George.

Just a simple Macro/Close Up Fujigraph taken using normal available room light of part of three Primary Coloured Paper Clips laying on a piece of cloth on my desk.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens Plus Raynox 250, 1/180th @ F13.0, ISO-200, Tripod.
Primary Coloured Paper Clips-03189 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

You have just got to love that 56mm Nick, lovely shot of your daughter.

Really like this Tam just goes to prove atmosphere and lighting beats ultimate sharpness every day.

Really like the 2nd one David
thank you graham ....i agree not every image has to be pin sharp

Thanks gents.

Here's another from the other side of the street...

v2

I really must try to visit London this year haven't been since late 1980s and these iconic buildings hadn't been erected !
As always another GR8 image Ask (y)

Just sorting through some old stuff and come across this which I ignored in favour of a shot I took a few minutes later.
Shot on auto white balance I the colour is probably a bit skewed towards the blue spectrum but that why it appeals I think.

Blue Hour by Graham Norton, on Flickr
That's absolutely gorgeous. If that were mine I would [1] remove that aircraft contrail near the tree, and then [2] print it huuuuuge and put it on my wall.

I really must try to visit London this year haven't been since late 1980s and these iconic buildings hadn't been erected !
As always another GR8 image Ask (y)

Cheers buddy. I think London now is one of the most interesting cities for urban photographers, there's such a mix of new, old and really old and often within a few meters of each other, the tough part is finding compositions and knowing what to leave out!

Does anyone have any opinions of sensor performance of the xt2/20 compared to a 7dmk2 in terms of iq and dynamic range?

I gave up my 7D2 due to the weight when shooting wildlife. I would honestly say that the images I have shot on my T2 since have more colour and I can pull more out of the shadows without creating too much noise. Something I struggled to do with the 7D2. The T2 is as good at shooting moving targets as the Canon, but you do have to learn how to drive the focus system (I had the same issue with the 7D & 7D2 until I got used to them).

The T2 is a different focussing system altogether, so you will have to go through a learning curve, but it can be rewarding. I wouldn't go back now, and the T2 lends itself to shooting landscape & people in a way that the 7D2 didn't. I also had a 6D which has gone as well, and I now have a pair of T2 bodies.

Shot last summer on a trip to the Trennish Isles....

Untitled by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I gave up my 7D2 due to the weight when shooting wildlife. I would honestly say that the images I have shot on my T2 since have more colour and I can pull more out of the shadows without creating too much noise. Something I struggled to do with the 7D2. The T2 is as good at shooting moving targets as the Canon, but you do have to learn how to drive the focus system (I had the same issue with the 7D & 7D2 until I got used to them).

The T2 is a different focussing system altogether, so you will have to go through a learning curve, but it can be rewarding. I wouldn't go back now, and the T2 lends itself to shooting landscape & people in a way that the 7D2 didn't. I also had a 6D which has gone as well, and I now have a pair of T2 bodies.

Shot last summer on a trip to the Trennish Isles....

Untitled by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, this one pushes all the right buttons for me.(y)

"Agree with everything you say about Canon to Fuji, I've never used Canon gear but it was a similar experience for me coming from high end Nikon. Neither me or any of my company photographers would go back to DSLRs now. In my opinion once you get used to shooting with the Fuji units they are up there with the very best for action, and we shoot exclusively F1 and other high end Motor Sport"

George.

any info on spec etc :snaphappy:
From the information I was given, its effectively a X-T2 but with added IBIS, bigger body and top screem. No EV dial on top anymore.
The AF system is improved also but not to Sony A9 levels.

Looks like a GFX lite.

I thought from the beginning, when I saw the first pictures which surfaced a few weeks ago, that it is designed not only to balance better with the larger lenses, 50-140, 100-400 etc, but also to enable users who own the GFX to easily switch between it and the GFX.

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed & exposed, and I think on this particular shot if the colour balance should be a bit off it doesn't matter. All works really well for me.(y)

George.

Thanks George much appreciated

nice image love those strong colours

Thanks Tam

That's absolutely gorgeous. If that were mine I would [1] remove that aircraft contrail near the tree, and then [2] print it huuuuuge and put it on my wall.

Thanks Stewart cant believe I missed the contrail and it is destined for the wall.

Just a simple Macro/Close Up Fujigraph taken using normal available room light of part of three Primary Coloured Paper Clips laying on a piece of cloth on my desk.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens Plus Raynox 250, 1/180th @ F13.0, ISO-200, Tripod.
Primary Coloured Paper Clips-03189 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Love this George

I'd happily put that on my wall too. But you know what I'd do first? ;)
Clone out the twigs in the reflection, bottom left?

I can't see the issue with a contrail on my phone tbh.

Last edited:
From the information I was given, its effectively a X-T2 but with added IBIS, bigger body and top screem. No EV dial on top anymore.
The AF system is improved also but not to Sony A9 levels.

Will be interesting to see reviews etc but can't see me dropping my X-T2 for one. It's far less easy on the eye that other Fujis too. X-T3 likely to interest me more I think.

Will be interesting to see reviews etc but can't see me dropping my X-T2 for one. It's far less easy on the eye that other Fujis too. X-T3 likely to interest me more I think.
My X-T10 did everything I needed essentially so can't see me dropping the X-T2 for any reason other than it reaching the end of its life!

My X-T10 did everything I needed essentially so can't see me dropping the X-T2 for any reason other than it reaching the end of its life!

I like the idea of IBIS, just not in a bigger body. That being said, very happy with my X-T2.

Back