The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Don't rush. When the x-t3 comes out all of a sudden the x-t2 price will take a big nose dive well into the sub £500 category for minters.
Don't see that price becoming a reality for some time tbh, but the reasoning is sound in terms of their being a price drop and more market choice as others decide to upgrade.

I think even with the X-T3 release, X-T2 prices will remain higher than that at around £600-700 for minters as you called them.

Just my opinion though.

Seeing all these excellent images is making me want to upgrade my xt10 to an an xt2 :)

The only thing that would make me consider the upgrade would be if I needed the better low light performance. Even then it would be probably be the X-T20.

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, good foreground detail, well exposed, with a beautiful sky & colour.(y)

George.

Thank you George, much appreciated. This one has somehow snuck into Explore, which is always nice :)

A quick shot from University of London's Senate House Building this afternoon. Lovely art deco place that doesn't look to have been modernised since it was first built. This is the main entrance hall (Crush Hall) and has apparently been used in many movies, often as a stand-in for New York/Gotham. More in a dedicated thread in Architecture and Urban.
Senate I by Ian, on Flickr

A quick shot from University of London's Senate House Building this afternoon. Lovely art deco place that doesn't look to have been modernised since it was first built. This is the main entrance hall (Crush Hall) and has apparently been used in many movies, often as a stand-in for New York/Gotham. More in a dedicated thread in Architecture and Urban.
Senate I by Ian, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed with uprights upright, good colour & exposure.(y)

George.

Beau, XT2, 56mm, f2, 1/250 sec

DSCF3727 by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Lovely Fujigraph Sir, nicely posed and exposed with good lighting, with the added interest of the little out of focus toy in the background.(y)

"I'm not normally a huge lover of doggy/pet type shots but this one pushes all the right buttons for me"

George.

Lovely Fujigraph Sir, nicely posed and exposed with good lighting, with the added interest of the little out of focus toy in the background.(y)

"I'm not normally a huge lover of doggy/pet type shots but this one pushes all the right buttons for me"

George.

Thank you again George. I’m fond of this one myself. Thanks for the detailed feedback as always

Trying to find some interesting angles on a very complicated building...

v2

v2
wOOOw Ash, utterly love this urban/industrial look, right up my street!!! Superb photpgraphy Sir..! Which lens was used....?....XF10-24mm..?

Regards;
Peter

This is particularly good to hear, because this afternoon my X-T10 developed the same issue! Hope I get the same result...
Arrgh! Unlucky! You can fix it temporarily by orienting it the right way and covering it with a bit of tape...

I made the enquiry via the "contact us" bit on the website before registering for a repair. Hope you get the same result.

Thanks for the thoughts Steve, appreciated.

I love this shot Jelster. I'm struggling with the focusing system on my XT2 at the moment. Trying to capture dogs is producing more losers than keepers! Seeing these shots gives me faith.

Having the same issue here although need to buy I longer lens. Previously had a 70d which is currently on eBay :(

All I will say is have a play with the different AFC scenarios, personally I find number 2 works well as a starting point. But it's like anything new, you need to learn the characteristics of how the scenarios work, and your choic of lens makes a difference too. I don't have the 50-140, which is arguably the best lens that works with the AF-C system, but the 100-400 is fine, and the new 80mm f2.8 is good too.

If George can use the X-T2 for professional motorsport, there's not much wrong with it.

Thanks Peter! They were both shot with the 18-55 (the only lens I currently own) and both at 23mm (the first with me pretty much lying on my arse though!)
Pretty impressive captureenses with only one lens in your camera bag Sir, I'm impressed, neat.

Pete

Last edited:
A quick question for you Fuji guys. I’ve just received my x-t2 and am wondering which battery’s and cards you would recommend? I know cheap isn’t the way to go but what’s the best deals? I’m only an enthusiast . I’ll have one card for Raw the other JPEG. I was looking at a 64 for Raw and a 32 for JPEG. Any suggestion?

A quick question for you Fuji guys. I’ve just received my x-t2 and am wondering which battery’s and cards you would recommend? I know cheap isn’t the way to go but what’s the best deals? I’m only an enthusiast . I’ll have one card for Raw the other JPEG. I was looking at a 64 for Raw and a 32 for JPEG. Any suggestion?

The Ex-Pro white ones are the ones people on here seem to be buying.

Batteries wise, I just popped onto amazon and bought a few with decent reviews with the same capacity as original. Think they were about £10 each.

I spent ages deliberating over whether to splurge on UHS-II cards or not. The camera is set up to use them but they're a lot more expensive. And not all UHS-ii cards are made the same. There is a big speed difference between them. I did ultimately decide to go for UHS-ii but there are probably very few occassions where it has made any real differene. In the end I went for 2x Fujifilm branded 32gb UHS-ii cards.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-S...id=1518448553&sr=8-2&keywords=fujifilm+uhs-ii

Speed ratings are good and they did well in the various speed tests I found online.

By the way, I shoot compressed raw and jpeg to each card (slot 2 being back up) and 32gb would be enough for probably nearly 1000 images. Not sure 64gb would be needed unless you want to shoot a lot of 4k video.

Last edited:

Ex Pro White or Black for batteries Sir, most folk recommend the white but to be perfectly honest I've used both types and never found any difference in performance.(y)

As for cards etc, we use Sandisk and have never experienced a problem.

George.

Back