The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a couple of Bus Controllers on duty.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/300th @ F9, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (14) (M)-03199M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
I can't do the 24th. 25th might be possible, but don't let that affect the decision, because there's a decent chance I won't be able to make it all. Like the idea though!
In fact my commitment on the 24th has now moved to the 25th! So reverse what I said. Not sure whether I can get to London that day yet, but it may be possible.

just returned from my favourite island of fuerteventura
i always try and get out to shoot a sunrise
i was travelling light so only had the XT2 and XF 10-24mm i had no tripod or filters so using the bracketing in the camera i shot this handheld 3 exposure shot
the OIS on the 10-24 really helped

:fuji:

lobos mornings by tam love, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, nice delicate colours with a good sky & foreground.(y)

George.

As some of you may have noticed, I do mainly street and landscape stuff, so portraits are a bit of a stretch for me. But I like to have a go every now and then.

This one may be of interest in that it was shot with a old Takumar 135mm f/3.5 with a Lens Turbo II. In this shot, at f/5.6 although I did managed to get a few in focus wide open.

I think this combo works rather well for indoor portraits - it stops the 135mm being quite so long (roughly equivalent to a 90mm on APS-C) and halves the shutter speed for a given stop, making the lens easier to hand hold. And I can't complain about the sharpness, once you eliminate the shots where I missed focus or had motion blur.

Sitter is a brave friend who took a little persuading but I'm happy to say is pleased with the results :).

Rozenn at home
by dave.hallett on Talk Photography

Went for a walk around my local lake today. Trusty T2 with grip & 100-400. I love this combo.....

DSCF0462
by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, with some beautiful colours, fine detail, and nice reflections.(y)

George.

Got some odd behavior on my x-t10 since getting it back...

I always have AF+MF enabled so I can adjust focus if AF misses slightly. I'd also set up that in MF mode, I had focus peaking (red), and pressing the rear wheel zoomed in for focus check.

Now, since getting it back, MF works as expected, but in AF+MF mode the second I touch the focus wheel the image zooms in for focus check, which is kind of jarring when you're trying to look at a whole scene. I can't find what setting may have changed, any clues?

Edit: HERPDERP nevermind... This is apparently what the "focus check" setting is for, under screen settings (where else?). Turning it off leaves AF+MF mode without zoomy behavior, while leaving the option to press the rear dial in MF mode.

Last edited:
Very nice Fujigraph Sir, with some beautiful colours, fine detail, and nice reflections.(y)

George.

Two cracking shots Steve, love the colours of the 1st one.

fantastic colour and detail steve

That's a fantastic shot. Lovely colours.

Fuji colours strike again......lovely shot

Thanks all. I was blessed with some nice light & a calm lake, which always helps. Those Mandarins have been around for a couple of years, hopefully I'll get some shots of baby ones this year...

Lovely colours. It's got a real postacard look about it (in a good way)

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply.(y)

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Kent UK of the Outer Harbour with the Old Fish Market in the background.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.

Nice, Fuji really do red very well don't they...

Love the colours you've captured there. the contrast of the blue and red is most fine.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

George.

Just a heads up, I've posted a wanted ad for a 23mm f1.4 in Classifieds

Lovely George, very calm scene, pleasant on the eye and Fuji colours a bonus

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

George.

Back