No

Now in Classified OTHER Brands.

2. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks you George kind of you to say so.

3. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I wish I could have done the same. I tried it and loved it so mine is going nowhere lol

Dave70D likes this.
  4. ashtennisguru

ashtennisguru

Edit My Images:
    No
    Chaps and chapesses, does anybody relatively local to Berkshire have a 56 that I might be able to borrow for a little play about? Went out today to shoot some street stuff with the 18-55 and rather than spending the day at 23 or 35 I found myself mostly at 55mm (for the style of shooting I was aiming for). Therefore in my head a 56mm prime makes perfect sense (plus, from what I have seen it renders beautifully).

Before I bite the bullet however it would be great to try one out.

An example of the kind of thing i'm working on...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  5. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Im in Abingdon if thats close enough for you Ash, you welcome to have a play with mine.

6. jimmyjamjojo

jimmyjamjojo

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Giggitty.

7. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Lol just realised what I wrote

8. ashtennisguru

ashtennisguru

Edit My Images:
    No
    That's an offer I haven't had since I was 16 and I ended up marrying her ;)

Thank you Graham, I may well take you up on the offer of having a mess about (with the lens!)

yamahatdm900 likes this.
  9. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If you don't mind manual focus then 55mm Takumars are dirt cheap and excellent once you find a good copy.

10. gad-westy

gad-westy

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Also made the move from being a life long Nikon user. I doubt you'll have any regrets. Only way to find out about whether the size will work for you is to try to try one in a shop or maybe a helpful member on here can have a play. The grip is nothing like a big Nikon but most lenses are small so it's not necessarily a big issue. Though I would be comfortable holding a Nikon DSLR all day long than the Fuji but I hardly ever shoot like that now. There is always the XH1 or the grip for the X-T2 to help out.

100mm filters will work fine. That's what I'm using too.

11. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi Mike,

I moved over from Canon, when I had a 6D & 7D2 for wildlife. Originally I picked up an X-T1 as a travel/general use camera and I just loved using it. When the X-T2 came out I tried to get one locally but couldn't so ended up with a grey import unit which has served me fine. I moved the 6D on as I was more than happy with the portraits & landscapes from the T2, but kept my 7D2 & Sigma 150-600 for birding/wildlife as I "trusted" it. I hired a 100-400 plus 1.4TC for a trip and never used the 7D2 again.

I now have a pair of T2's with a range of lenses, and when I go out to shoot wildlife, I have the 100-400 plus 1.4TC on one body, with a grip, and the 80mm Macro on the other. Those 2 bodies & 2 lenses are not as heavy as my old Canon set up!

Since the last update of the firmware which really improved the tracking, I can't say I have missed the 7D2 at all. I've never been good at BIF, and I found the 7D2, grip & Sigma just too heavy to shoot BIF anyway, but I can pull it off on the odd occasion on the Fuji. More importantly, I now use my camera more often and seem to get more enjoyment from the Fuji set up.

I've always had a 100mm system, which I think you will need if you use the 10-24 f4 (which I do), but the 75 system should be fine on the 16mm f1.4 (which I also have).

Hope that helps...

FiestaRed likes this.
  12. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I was another life time Nikon user, use to love the D810 but as you mentioned the heavy bag was starring to take a toll with advancing years. The pivotal point for me was when I stopped shooting BSB on the media side and went back for doing a bit for fun.
    I'm in to my landscapes which according to some the Fuji are not very good for, had the Fuji alongside the D810 for a while but found myself using the Fuji more and more. Without a doubt the D810 is the better landscape camera but I've found in a print I find it hard to tell the difference and when I've shown them to people it seems they can't pick which is which. Saying that I do still miss the D810 files at time and the amazing shadow recovery I even got another last year after I convinced myself I needed one. But as before after using it a couple of times it got left at home.
    I just kept my 100mm filters the cost v weight saving of changing them didn't seem worth it to me, plus as already been mentioned you will need them if you get the 10-24.

13. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just a simple Macro/Close Up Fujigraph taken of an Orb Weaver Spider on a Choisya Petal.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens Plus Full Set Of Ext Tubes, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Modified Ring Flash, Handheld.
    [​IMG]Orb Weaver (8)-02407 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

souldeep, Phiggys, Seanazz and 2 others like this.
  14. FiestaRed

FiestaRed

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Brilliant, really appreciate all the help.

15. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Posted in another section....

X-T2 with 100-400 & 1.4TC

ISO 3200
    F8
    1/120
    560mm
    Handheld (The OIS is good on this lens!!)

[​IMG]
    DSCF0731
    by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Phiggys, Ian W, Manxmaid and 4 others like this.
  16. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Also shot this today on the same kit...

ISO 1600 @ f8 560mm H/H, 1/2400 sec

[​IMG]
    DSCF0606
    by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Phiggys and jamiewednesday like this.
  17. ashtennisguru

ashtennisguru

Edit My Images:
    No
    Trying out some interesting framing...

[​IMG]

18. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi

Sorry if this is a really daft beginner question; but I have just unboxed a Fuji 100-400 lens that I bought from the classifieds. It's by far the biggest and heaviest lens I have.

I'm not sure how to hold the lens and body - a XT-2. Do I hold the lens with one hand - other hand on the body?

I'm also nervous of having so much weight hanging off the front of the camera when carrying it around. Should I get an additional strap to attach to the lens tripod collar foot? If so; what type of strap and attachment should I be looking at? I'm currently using the Fuji camera strap supplied with the XT-2.

Thanks.

Dave70D likes this.
  19. trevorbray

trevorbray

Name:
    Trevor
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    One for Steve @Jelster

Uncle Fester likes this.
  20. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    FujiDaveXX
    Edit My Images:
    No
    One hand holding camera and the other hand holding the lens, and 100% get a better strap and fix to the tripod collar.

Uncle Fester likes this.
  21. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thank you.

Any suggestions for a better strap and fixing to attach to the tripod collar?

Cheers

Dave70D likes this.
  22. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    FujiDaveXX
    Edit My Images:
    No

When I had the Sigma 150-600mm on my Canon 70D, I had the OP/Tech shoulder strap that worked a treat got it from amazon and never worried about it at all then, you can also use the Black Rapid that is good so I am told.

Phiggys and Uncle Fester like this.
  23. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    FujiDaveXX
    Edit My Images:
    No
  24. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thank you.

I'll investigate those.

Dave70D likes this.
  25. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Thank you again.

That seems to attach to the camera body. Can it also attach to the lens tripod collar?

I'm concerned not only about the strap failing; but also the lens somehow detaching from the body. If that happened; I'd like to have something to stop it from crashing to ground!

Dave70D likes this.
  26. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    FujiDaveXX
    Edit My Images:
    No

I had one connected to the camera, and the other connected to the tripod collar and once it threaded through it was fine and never worried that it might not hold.

Uncle Fester likes this.
  27. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks; appreciated.

Dave70D likes this.
  28. Sniffer

Sniffer

Edit My Images:
    No
    Danny - you could also invest in the Peak Design system and have a lug on the tripod collar for when you use the 100. I then have the other lugs on the camera body. Should enable fast swapping when you decide to use the bigger lens. I do that with the 50-140 and a PD slide lite. Works fine.

Uncle Fester likes this.
  29. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thank you - I'll investigate this as well.

Cheers

30. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

As mentioned, left hand under the lens, right hand on the body. I use mine a lot, and I find it's much better balanced with the vertical grip attached. I generally use a "Rapid Strap" attached to the tripod foot, but yesterday I left it at home and still walked all around the reserve holding it either by the grip or tripod foot without any problems.

It's a fantastic lens, if it's your first lens of this length it will take a bit of getting used to. The OIS is amazing, I can hand hold shots at 1/100th sec even with the 1.4TC (560mm). The picture of the female Mallard above was shot on this combo at 1/120 sec. Go out and practice with the ducks on your local pond...

Make sure it has the latest firmware, and you're camera has too.

Phiggys, Uncle Fester and Manxmaid like this.
  31. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Thanks Steve

Appreciate your advice. It certainly is my first lens of this length; I will get out and practice. I will also check out 'Rapid Straps' and get one asap.

I'm sure further questions will follow!

32. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  33. addicknchips

addicknchips

Name:
    Jonathan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Uncle Fester likes this.
  34. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Agreed, it's on mine most of the time...

Uncle Fester and addicknchips like this.
  35. Nod

Nod Kronus

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Same as any lens on any body, one hand holding the camera body with finger poised over the shutter release and the other hand under the CoG of the rig (which is where the zoom ring should be on a well designed lens).
    I usually have the kit bag (rucksack type) on my back with the chest strap clipped up, If I'm just wandering around, I'll often have the camera strap round my neck and the lens's foot hooked over the chest strap of the bag but that's to take the strain off my neck more than the stress off the lens mount.

36. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Thanks.

I appreciate the helpful reply.

37. ashtennisguru

ashtennisguru

Edit My Images:
    No
  38. Logicearl

Logicearl

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I use a Peak Design slide, with a 100-400 + 1.4 and it's a breeze. Like others have said, left hand on the lens foot/barrel, whilst holding camera with other. You really do need the grip, as it gives better balance.

Uncle Fester likes this.
  39. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Name:
    Danny
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks; appreciate the reply.

40. NickTB

NickTB

Name:
    Nick