The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I have a hankering for a x-t10 and 18-55 for travel. I’ve dabbled with Fuji before with an xf1, an x30 and latterly a x100t with w/a.

Although I have a D500, I fancy something a bit more portable. I have a rx100 m2 but although the IQ is great, it leaves me cold.

Am I mad ? Should I just take the Nikon and 16-80 ? Is the x-t10 still ok ? I looked at the specs and it seems like it’s pretty much the same intervals as the x100t ?

I have a hankering for a x-t10 and 18-55 for travel. I’ve dabbled with Fuji before with an xf1, an x30 and latterly a x100t with w/a.

Although I have a D500, I fancy something a bit more portable. I have a rx100 m2 but although the IQ is great, it leaves me cold.

Am I mad ? Should I just take the Nikon and 16-80 ? Is the x-t10 still ok ? I looked at the specs and it seems like it’s pretty much the same intervals as the x100t ?

The force is strong in this one...

Dable with X series you must.....

I know it - the files are lovely. I started reading this thread..got to page 300 and something earlier. And that was June 2015 :eek:

Gah..

I just got an X-T10. I tried using the Fujifilm app to transfer images to my Android 7 phone. The app just states "no file to copy" or similar then crashes when I hit the ok dialog. I guess it's a sketchy process. Also I'm now seeing a tiny red light glowing directly below the viewfinder. This remains on even after turning the camera off... So Iremoved the battery and that stopped it. What does that red light mean? I updated the firmware to latest release earlier too.
I had the situation - red light under viewfinder -with my xt1. At first I was a bit worried because it was always on and the only way to turn it off was to take the battery out of the camera but after checking with other Fuji owners I was assured that I shouldn't worry about it. Two years later my xt1 was still going as new [emoji2]

Having left it a while I find the red light goes out after a few minutes. I think it might indicate that the camera has stored the last settings until it goes out. But it's curious that I find no mention of it in the otherwise excellent printed manual.

Thank all for the kind words. The first shot was perhaps my first serious effort to find foreground interest for a landscape shot. I took a spotter with me (my son) and we wandered around looking for suitable rocks that lined up with the trees. We were then in place with the composition ready half an hour before sunset. I felt like a proper landscape photographer! It will also be my first effort at focus stacking though I haven't got to that yet and will probably wait until I'm back on a bigger screen.

Shot 2 was inspired by Thomas Heaton who seems to like lone trees. I struggled to find an isolated tree given we are staying in a forest, but I'm happy with this. I think it will be better in B&W though so I'll give that a try later. Third one was a bonus from yesterdays hike. I'm struggling with white balance here and the one I posted now looks too warm to me. A cooler tone makes the grass look much better but the sky then looks odd. Needs another go, I think.

How is the 16-50ii ? Obviously not as quick as the 18-55 but in terms of IQ ?

Am I going mad? I can't find the Fuji Film presets in Lightroom anymore? I'm using LR Classic CC V7.3
I'm sure they used to be under Calibration/process? Or am I losing the plot?

Am I going mad? I can't find the Fuji Film presets in Lightroom anymore? I'm using LR Classic CC V7.3
I'm sure they used to be under Calibration/process? Or am I losing the plot?
Right at the top. In the Basic pane. So is Dehaze.

Back