The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've been looking at the Peak Design stuff, but it's so expensive (I got the Billingham really cheap, like £30 cheap!!:D)

I'd be forced to reassess my opinion for a bargain like that!!

I'd be forced to reassess my opinion for a bargain like that!!

My mate was moving house and needed to ditch some stuff, and his Hadley Small was just sitting there. He said I could have it, but I felt guilty, but I only had £30 on me at the time...

My mate was moving house and needed to ditch some stuff, and his Hadley Small was just sitting there. He said I could have it, but I felt guilty, but I only had £30 on me at the time...

That's how I like to buy my stuff :LOL:

I'm being drawn to the Bowery. I wonder why it only has one divider?

Frankly it would be too small for two dividers. I have the leather Bowery and I use it with a Sony A7iii with a 24-105 lens attached. There is then sufficient space to stack another lens on the other side of the divider. Usually a Sony 55mm F1.8. With the leather being of such a good thick quality, it actually makes it more difficult to store much in the external pouches etc. I can squeeze a spare battery, a few wipes and not much else. Perhaps something to consider.

Last edited:
I have a Billingham Hadley small and it is fine as Steve says.
For X-T2 with 18-55 attached and 2 small lenses a Lowepro Scout 140 suffices. Cost £35 new and is small and well padded.

Wow - and it took a third camera to take the image! How many do you own?

Erm, 3 Fuji, 4 Canon + 3 film (1 Fuji, 2 Canon). It's not good, but every time I decide to sell one setup over the other I seem to find some reason not to... Plus the hassle of selling puts me off!

Edit: lol, just realised the bag pic was just taken with a phone cam anyway!

Last edited:
I get on just fine with a Crumpler Messenger Boy 7500. I do occasionally wish it was more weatherproof, but I should probably just get off my backside and spray it with something suitable...

I'm curious about starting to shoot video of our holidays and trips to serve as memory for the future, do you guys ever shoot video with your Fuji's? I'm trying to justify if I should just get a GoPro hero and stick that to my backpack strap instead.

Don't think the X-T20 firmware is as positive tbh with some features added to the X-T2 missing. Sure they'll turn up eventually though.
No its not but a few nice things, its getting the af updates that the T2 got a while back, RGB histograms and more touch screen functions. This firmware for the T20 was the one announced earlier this year.

Last edited:
Maybe Fuji will reserve those features for the X-T30???
They'll come eventually I'm sure, the T20 just seems to be an update behind the Xpro2 and X-T2.

That said, hardware may become a factor the further down the line we get as it did with the X-T1 and X-T10.

Hi All.

Would welcome opinions on a little trilemma I have. I'm going to buy a macro lens for my X-T20 in the next couple of weeks. Got it down to three options:

1. Fuji 80mm - 1:1, auto focus, sharp as sh1t but heavy + expensive
2. Fuji 60mm - auto focus, sharp, light, cheap - only 1:2 but could do 1:1 with a Marumi (which I use and like already)
3. Samyang 100mm - cheap-ish, sharp, 1:1 - no auto focus (not that I would use that very often), also quite big and heavy

As much as I fancy the 80mm I am probably leaning towards the 60mm at the moment... any thoughts/guidance appreciated! :)

Hi All.

Would welcome opinions on a little trilemma I have. I'm going to buy a macro lens for my X-T20 in the next couple of weeks. Got it down to three options:

1. Fuji 80mm - 1:1, auto focus, sharp as sh1t but heavy + expensive
2. Fuji 60mm - auto focus, sharp, light, cheap - only 1:2 but could do 1:1 with a Marumi (which I use and like already)
3. Samyang 100mm - cheap-ish, sharp, 1:1 - no auto focus (not that I would use that very often), also quite big and heavy

As much as I fancy the 80mm I am probably leaning towards the 60mm at the moment... any thoughts/guidance appreciated! :)
I have only tried the 60mm and it is really awful in manual focus which for me is not acceptable for a macro lens.

Also Zeiss does a 50mm f2.8 1:1 macro lens for the Fuji mount as well

Back