The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Like the colours and light on this. But it begs the question “why?” :D

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

"Its all to do with the Folkestone Triennial of which I have copied and posted below a bit of the blurb about it.

Folkestone Triennial is the flagship project of the Creative Foundation, an independent visionary arts charity dedicated to enabling the regeneration of the seaside town of Folkestone, in Kent, through creative activity. Working with the people of Folkestone, partners and other stakeholders, the Foundation aims to transform the town, making it a better place to live, work, visit and study"

George.

I might go for an x-t3 now. Thinking of trading my d750 in and getting the 23 f1.4 to start with.

It seems it's not the quickest lens to focus, but is it good enough for family/kids etc? I would go for the F2 but coming from a FF sigma art I might miss the dof.

IThinking of trading my d750 in and getting the 23 f1.4 to start with.

My favorite lens, and on the camera 90% of the time. If you`re used to using 35m on FF you won`t be disappointed (y)

Are any of you guys using the metal hand grip thing not the power booster grip, Just the one with the built in tripod plate. I know it`s not cheap for a lump of metal, but seems pretty clever in design?

Yes. Use it on the XT2 all the time. Got mine used from WEX for a reasonable price and I'd argue it helps with the handling. Having the arca base plate is an added bonus.

Yes. Use it on the XT2 all the time. Got mine used from WEX for a reasonable price and I'd argue it helps with the handling. Having the arca base plate is an added bonus.

Cheers mate.
It`s more for the plate than balance as I don`t have any heavy lenses other than the 80mm macro. Besides my triopd plate is always on the camera as it is.

Cheers mate.
It`s more for the plate than balance as I don`t have any heavy lenses other than the 80mm macro. Besides my triopd plate is always on the camera as it is.

If its just the ARCA bits you want then consider one of the Chinese plates, as they offer vertical composition as well, should be some on eBay, several of us have the 'Fittest' plate.

If its just the ARCA bits you want then consider one of the Chinese plates, as they offer vertical composition as well, should be some on eBay, several of us have the 'Fittest' plate.

Thanks David
I`ll check it out :)

I might go for an x-t3 now. Thinking of trading my d750 in and getting the 23 f1.4 to start with.

It seems it's not the quickest lens to focus, but is it good enough for family/kids etc? I would go for the F2 but coming from a FF sigma art I might miss the dof.

It’s not lightning quick but it’s not super slow either. It’s optically excellent too.

I’ve got one. Fab lens. I’m sure it’ll be quick enough.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Jessops on when the XT3 drops into stores. I've been told 19th from one person at Oxford Circus, 20th from others and 21st from customer service.

I just need a darn day so I can go collect.

I can't seem to get a straight answer from Jessops on when the XT3 drops into stores. I've been told 19th from one person at Oxford Circus, 20th from others and 21st from customer service.

I just need a darn day so I can go collect.

If you are pre ordering they will phone you the day before.

Well, that's it, I am offically Fuji-less...

... until later in the week when the X-T3 is due to arrive :)

Ended up getting more for the X-T10 from my local Jessops than Wex had offered and with the 200 trade in will get back more than I paid for the camera in the first place - a win all round (until wifey notices that my camera has grown a little in the previous week!)

Ended up getting more for the X-T10 from my local Jessops than Wex had offered and with the 200 trade in will get back more than I paid for the camera in the first place - a win all round (until wifey notices my camera has grown a little in the previous week!)
They never notice things like that! If you change the colour of your bag, maybe. :D

They never notice things like that! If you change the colour of your bag, maybe. :D
So true. I made the switch from X-T10 to X-T2 seamlessly! Even added an X100F without so much as a batted eye lid, all because they're all Fuji and all black

Ended up getting more for the X-T10 from my local Jessops than Wex had offered and with the 200 trade in will get back more than I paid for the camera in the first place - a win all round (until wifey notices that my camera has grown a little in the previous week!)

Result !!

Same scenario for me. With the trade in bonus, I've got more for my Xt20 than I originally paid.

Ordered from Jessops and still can't seem to get a straight answer as to when they will arrive.

Same scenario for me. With the trade in bonus, I've got more for my Xt20 than I originally paid.

Ordered from Jessops and still can't seem to get a straight answer as to when they will arrive.
It was like that with the X-T2. I can see this being just as popular.

Maybe Josseps are on "cash with order" from Fuji so can only get them in in dribs and drabs?

Jessops will match WEX on the trade in and will not inspect your camera as thoroughly if you go into a store with it.
Cheers for the tip, Jessops in Kingston gave me £900 for the D750 and I'll get the £200 from Fujifilm on top :)

Can't wait for the X-T3 to arrive now!

Cheers for the tip, Jessops in Kingston gave me £900 for the D750 and I'll get the £200 from Fujifilm on top :)

Can't wait for the X-T3 to arrive now!
You're welcome and welcome to the Fuji family !!!

Back