The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I think I'm going to be in Wales then :). But maybe it will still look good when I get back! Alternatively, I think frost/snow and mist would work well...

Misty morning with sun rays would look super cool (y)

Does anyone know if buying a Fuji XF lens from the dedicated Fuji Refurb Store is there a possible discount code you can use or has that finished?

Cheers;
Peter

It NEVER applied to lenses. "however it did apply to cameras with attached lenses."
It was and still is a way to get a cheap lens if It comes as part of a package. and then to sell on the body.
Even though there is no longer any discount code available.
It has always been a cheap way to buy a f2.8/4 18-55

Last edited:
Does the refurb store get restocked in waves? It seems like all the main lenses are out of stock. Happy to wait for a few months, but ideally want a lens before Christmas.

Does the refurb store get restocked in waves? It seems like all the main lenses are out of stock. Happy to wait for a few months, but ideally want a lens before Christmas.

lenses never hang around for long. you need to keep a close watch.

many of them are shop returns where people have changed their mind. it seems like the repair shop waits for them to build up before checking them and putting them up on the site.

Never had that work. You have to get in the habit of checking the web site regularly.
:plus1:

@Craikeybaby Next round of cashback deals are announced on Weds 10th Oct, last year they doubled cashback on Black Friday weekend (though a number of retailers put their 'usual' prices up for that weekend - it pays to order as soon as the deals are announced!!!) - hope that helps

Last edited:
Is anyone using an extended eyecup on the X-T3? I had one (bought ages ago) on the X-T1, and can't for the life of me remember which part it was. All suggestions welcome.

Well it seems like the email alerts worked! Neither 35f2 nor 23f2 were in stock last night, but had availability emails this morning.

Unfortunately I still have a few more things to sell before I can buy.

Well it seems like the email alerts worked! Neither 35f2 nor 23f2 were in stock last night, but had availability emails this morning.

Unfortunately I still have a few more things to sell before I can buy.
Back out of stock already - I now see the need to be on the ball! Best get selling more things to fund it ASAP!

Very nice! I'm never in the right place at the right time for the Milky Way... one day! :)

Rent a car (I can point you at a place that does reasonable rates!) and head down to Agia Galini for a night or 2 - NOTHING between you and North Africa apart from the occasional fishing boat!

Right, 3 quick shots from todays wedding.

1) I am not a wedding photographer
2) These are not the final images, I've been playing with the processing
3) I was a fill in as the original photographer is in hospital (motorcycle accident).

X-T2 & 50-140
Wedding_3 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

X-T2 & 35mm f1.4
Wedding_1 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

X-T2 & 16mm f1.4
Wedding_4 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Roll up, roll up, cashback deals being announced tomorrow (remember Black Friday often provides additional cashback), some of these are so good, that I think we might see some retail prices go back up, so you might be onto a winner if you buy straight away, but I'm not being quoted on that!!!

£45 23mmF2, 35mmF2, 50mm F2, 35mmF1.4, 60mm, 18mm

£90 23mmF1.4, 56mm, 18-55mm, 18-135mm, 55-200mm

£135 16mmF1.4, 80mm Macro, 56mmAPD, 90mm, 10-24

£180 50-140mm, 16-55mm

£270 100-400mm

and £250 on an X-T2, anyone who manages to get a X-T2 at today's best price of £979 and get the cashhsback will do very well, but note that most retailers on camerapricebuster have already put the X-T2 back up to £1249!!!

Other bodies £230 on X-H1, £230 on X-Pro2, £90 on X-T20

(X100F - £180, X-E3 +18-15 bundle £180, X-T100+15-45 bundle £90)

Remember these will only apply to a authorised UK stockist, and not grey suppliers - purchases made between 10/10/18 and 10/1/19

I found today that I need to go wider than the 18-55 allows me. The 10-24 is way out of my price range right now and as it is mainly going to be used for architecture and maybe a bit of landscape then I have no problem with it being manual focus, so a Samyang looks the sensible option.

Looking at the 10mm f2.8 and the 12mm f2.0 there isn't a huge difference in price looking on WEX and I imagine second hand that difference is less noticeable. The technical differences are obvious, I don't really need the larger aperture a anytime I am struggling for light with this lens it would be a situation where I can use a tripod, so the obvious choice would seem to be to go for the wider FOV. But are there any differences beyond the tech specs?

Roll up, roll up, cashback deals being announced tomorrow (remember Black Friday often provides additional cashback), some of these are so good, that I think we might see some retail prices go back up, so you might be onto a winner if you buy straight away, but I'm not being quoted on that!!!

£45 23mmF2, 35mmF2, 50mm F2, 35mmF1.4, 60mm, 18mm

£90 23mmF1.4, 56mm, 18-55mm, 18-135mm, 55-200mm

£135 16mmF1.4, 80mm Macro, 56mmAPD, 90mm, 10-24

£180 50-140mm, 16-55mm

£270 100-400mm

and £250 on an X-T2, anyone who manages to get a X-T2 at today's best price of £979 and get the cashhsback will do very well, but note that most retailers on camerapricebuster have already put the X-T2 back up to £1249!!!

Other bodies £230 on X-H1, £230 on X-Pro2, £90 on X-T20

(X100F - £180, X-E3 +18-15 bundle £180, X-T100+15-45 bundle £90)

Remember these will only apply to a authorised UK stockist, and not grey suppliers - purchases made between 10/10/18 and 10/1/19

So they want the same money for an xt2 as a xt3, what a great offer lol

err no ... £1249 less £250 = £999, thats £350 less than an X-T3, on which there are no cashbacks only trade-in offers

Errr if you order tonight which is not the 10th it's 100 quid less from most places. They've put their prices up for the cashback haven't they?

I found today that I need to go wider than the 18-55 allows me. The 10-24 is way out of my price range right now and as it is mainly going to be used for architecture and maybe a bit of landscape then I have no problem with it being manual focus, so a Samyang looks the sensible option.

Looking at the 10mm f2.8 and the 12mm f2.0 there isn't a huge difference in price looking on WEX and I imagine second hand that difference is less noticeable. The technical differences are obvious, I don't really need the larger aperture a anytime I am struggling for light with this lens it would be a situation where I can use a tripod, so the obvious choice would seem to be to go for the wider FOV. But are there any differences beyond the tech specs?

The 10mm is a multi sensor mount lens fitted with a Fuji X mount, its big and heavy comapred with the APS-C designed 12mm, which is re-reassuringly light!!!

The Samyangs do render colours differently to the Fuji lenses, and since they are wide suffer from a certain degree of optical distortion. Don't dismiss the Fuji 14mm, as this is very sharp, compact, and takes the same size filters/hood as your existing 18-55mm.

I have the Samyang 12mm (its the second one I've owned, I really didn't rate my first copy), but it rarely comes out of the bag, I much prefer my Fuji 16mm wherever possible.

Back