The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I don't usually include people so prominently in images, but I really liked the way the light was falling on them as the sun set.
X-T2 and the long end of the 100-400mm.

Sharing the Sunset
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Last edited:
I don't usually include people so prominently in images, but I really liked the way the light was falling on them as the sun set.
X-T2 and the long end of the 100-400mm.

Sharing the Sunset
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Really nicely captured. A "moment in time" type of image.

The standard of work on this thread really is great, sorry that I bring down the average :D

Anybody tried one of these grips, The XT3 is a bit small with the 100-400mm on so I was looking for something to make it just that bit bigger but not at £120 or £300 fuji grip prices , have any of the 3rd party manufacturers launched a battery grip yet

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/273494890160?chn=ps

Really nicely captured. A "moment in time" type of image.

The standard of work on this thread really is great, sorry that I bring down the average :D

Thank you, and don't be silly! I hesitate to post here too :D For example, here's one from Monday that I love. It's not pin sharp (I was leaning into the wind, the seal was in constant motion on the choppy waves, long end of the 100-400 and the light was a bit lacking) but I do love the colour of the sea and the eye contact.

39 Wild by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Anybody tried one of these grips, The XT3 is a bit small with the 100-400mm on so I was looking for something to make it just that bit bigger but not at £120 or £300 fuji grip prices , have any of the 3rd party manufacturers launched a battery grip yet

Not tried one of those, I have ordered the Fuji vertical grip for my XT-3 which is arriving on Monday all being well. It doesn't look like it would add much more leverage to assist with the 100-400mm.

It looks similar to what I use on both the X-T1 and X-T2, it improves the handling a lot for me. I use it with both the 50-140 and 100-400.

Thanks , for the price I'll order one and see , spent a fortune this month , £120 for a bit of metal is a step too far :D

I have an issue on my X-T3 or I have changed a setting and cant work out what I've done. When I select Mechanical shutter in any shooting mode the picture size is limited to Medium with a 1.25x crop factor. When I select Electronic shutter i can select a large image again.

I cant work out what ive done or how to change it back! Anyone any ideas? Id prefer to shoot with the mechanical shutter most of the time.

Thanks
Ben

I have an issue on my X-T3 or I have changed a setting and cant work out what I've done. When I select Mechanical shutter in any shooting mode the picture size is limited to Medium with a 1.25x crop factor. When I select Electronic shutter i can select a large image again.

I cant work out what ive done or how to change it back! Anyone any ideas? Id prefer to shoot with the mechanical shutter most of the time.

Thanks
Ben
Found it after while of interrogating the menus...I had sports finder mode set to on for some reason

My XT-3 and 18-55 has arrived today, I am just charging the batteries, and then I can fit the grip and be ready to have a play on Sunday. I am out all day at a dance show with my little one, so won't get a chance to look properly. Hopefully I can add some pics to this thread soon.

I am now trying to resist spending loads on more lenses, though I do think I will need a 100-400 for aircraft shots at work, as I miss that. I'm hoping the 18-55 will be good enough for portrait stuff, rather than having to get the 90mm.

if I can hang on until the new year, I'll be back on track for more fancy stuff :)

The figure in 1 is well positioned and gives a good sense of scale.
The figure in 2 does not work.
3 lacks anything that might give scale.
The wave crests have lost detail and form.

So number 1 is by far the strongest image

Nice. Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks, I knew the XT-3 would look and feel quality, but I was surprised by how nice the kit lens feels, especially considering I had a box full of Canon L lenses up until a few months ago.

My XT-3 and 18-55 has arrived today, I am just charging the batteries, and then I can fit the grip and be ready to have a play on Sunday. I am out all day at a dance show with my little one, so won't get a chance to look properly. Hopefully I can add some pics to this thread soon.

I am now trying to resist spending loads on more lenses, though I do think I will need a 100-400 for aircraft shots at work, as I miss that. I'm hoping the 18-55 will be good enough for portrait stuff, rather than having to get the 90mm.

if I can hang on until the new year, I'll be back on track for more fancy stuff :)

Congrats on that Sir, “ENJOY”(y)

George.

The "kit lens" is excellent quality and you'll find that at 50-55mm it will take great portraits, just remember it's only f2.8 to about 22mm before it starts to change.

The 100-400 is excellent, I use it for a lot of my wildlife images, combined with the 1.4TC you'll be surprised how sharp it can be.

Enjoy that T3.....

Sure, it was a night shoot arranged by Shuttleworth tonight.
Is that something that you need to pay for? I work at a airport, and we have some similar aircraft, but the owner isn't too open to photo shoots unfortunately.

Humberside

I've moved down to Hull from Glasgow recently. If there is, I'm there [emoji1] [emoji106]

Not on a day to day basis.

Back