The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I can genuinely say I've never considered the need for a 50-140mm. Variable aperture is irrelevant as I'm always at f8 -f13 anyway!

The 50-140 is such a great lens, but then, almost anything in the XF range is......

Evening Guys,

GAS got the better of me today.....I went along to WEX to pick up a £20 decoration ring for my Olympus 40-150 f2.8. Got there and it was their Open Day........I know, I can here you all in unison saying “Here gone and bought summit else” Yeah your right all them reps there with all that shiny new gear, I was drawn in and snared... As I left my partner said £1800 !!!! “I thought you had enough Cameras and Lenses”. Hmmm, me don’t think so...
So what did he get I hear you all cry.. well I came away with (All 2nd Hand, I am money conscious after all) a Fuji XT2, Fuji 23mm f2 and Fuji 100-400..(All rated 9+, and they are minty mint). I have just got in and the camera is on charge... The dilemma now will be do I keep all my Olympus Gear ?

Does anyone here use the 55-200 zoom? I am just about to order the 56mm 1.2R and was looking to get the 50-140 in the new yer, but the 55-200 has grabbed my attention.

I’ve used the 55-200mm since they first came out Sir, they’re “Excellent”.(y)

George.

Evening Guys,

GAS got the better of me today.....I went along to WEX to pick up a £20 decoration ring for my Olympus 40-150 f2.8. Got there and it was their Open Day........I know, I can here you all in unison saying “Here gone and bought summit else” Yeah your right all them reps there with all that shiny new gear, I was drawn in and snared... As I left my partner said £1800 !!!! “I thought you had enough Cameras and Lenses”. Hmmm, me don’t think so...
So what did he get I hear you all cry.. well I came away with (All 2nd Hand, I am money conscious after all) a Fuji XT2, Fuji 23mm f2 and Fuji 100-400..(All rated 9+, and they are minty mint). I have just got in and the camera is on charge... The dilemma now will be do I keep all my Olympus Gear ?

That’s a positive result in my book Sir, congrat’s and “ENJOY”.(y)

George.

I’ve used the 55-200mm since they first came out Sir, they’re “Excellent”.(y)

George.

Well, after some thought, and a few beers, I have deiced to buy the 100-400 and hope to get the 55-200 used for a decent price, I think that will cover me for my needs. I opted for the 100-40 as I work at an airport and get decent opportunities for aircraft shots, which outweigh the 50-140 2.8 bias. Looking back to my Canon days, the 85mm and 100-400 were my most used lenses, the 70-200 2.8 was lovely, but i probably took 100 shots over 2 years!

So, I should soon have:

18-55
56 1.2R
55-200
100-400

:)

Well, after some thought, and a few beers, I have deiced to buy the 100-400 and hope to get the 55-200 used for a decent price, I think that will cover me for my needs. I opted for the 100-40 as I work at an airport and get decent opportunities for aircraft shots, which outweigh the 50-140 2.8 bias. Looking back to my Canon days, the 85mm and 100-400 were my most used lenses, the 70-200 2.8 was lovely, but i probably took 100 shots over 2 years!

So, I should soon have:

18-55
56 1.2R
55-200
100-400

:)
It’s well worth getting the 1.4TC bundled with it for only £100 extra

Evening Guys,

How do you define enough, in terms of cameras and lenses?

That’s a lot of hair for one so young. I love the second shot.

Roll up, roll up, cashback deals being announced tomorrow (remember Black Friday often provides additional cashback), some of these are so good, that I think we might see some retail prices go back up, so you might be onto a winner if you buy straight away, but I'm not being quoted on that!!!

£45 23mmF2, 35mmF2, 50mm F2, 35mmF1.4, 60mm, 18mm

£90 23mmF1.4, 56mm, 18-55mm, 18-135mm, 55-200mm

(X100F - £180, X-E3 +18-15 bundle £180, X-T100+15-45 bundle £90)

Remember these will only apply to a authorised UK stockist, and not grey suppliers - purchases made between 10/10/18 and 10/1/19

already got all those lenses only XT3 and Xpro2 are missing which I'm not that bothered about now I have a pair of XH1's Might of considers a XF80mm but just don't do enough macro these days !
In fact I'm not doing enough photography full stop :(

Couple of the fireworks in Lancaster yesterday. X-T3 55-200

Lancaster Fireworks by Ben Hanson, on Flickr

Lancaster Fireworks by Ben Hanson, on Flickr
QuYwVG

Last edited:
Does anyone use the X-T3 wireless communication and use a smartphone as a remote shutter much? I find it very clunky. You will connect the phone one day, then the next time it doesnt connect. Unless im doing it wrong its useless to rely on as a remote shutter when youre out and about.

Can anyone reccomend remote shutter for the X-T3? Does the USB-C port have a shutter function or is it the micro jack?

Does anyone use the X-T3 wireless communication and use a smartphone as a remote shutter much? I find it very clunky. You will connect the phone one day, then the next time it doesnt connect. Unless im doing it wrong its useless to rely on as a remote shutter when youre out and about.

Can anyone reccomend remote shutter for the X-T3? Does the USB-C port have a shutter function or is it the micro jack?

I’ve found the Cascable WiFi remote app to be pretty good. Seems to connect more readily than the Fuji version.

On the other hand I haven’t been able to get Cascable to connect to my X-T2.

On the other hand I haven’t been able to get Cascable to connect to my X-T2.

Bummer...I have to admit to only using ii on my X-H1. Couldn’t get the Fuji app to connect at all.
Always managed with the Fuji app on T1 and T2

Back