The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

A lovely set set of natural portraits the young lady certainly looks comfortable in front of camera.

To be honest, she hates it! :D Mostly I just catch her unawares if I can, sometimes if I just miss out on a shot I'll get her to go back to where she was and try to get a natural looking pose. She just about puts up with me :)

Last edited:
Okay, I'll bite. What are these idiots saying / doing?

Apparently LR still doesn't work with Fuji files
You have to zoom to 400% to check sharpening
And all the silly & pointless "which lens is best threads"

I've left 3 of them this evening..... So many people on there seem to know so much, and we're all stupid because we don't agree....

Apparently LR still doesn't work with Fuji files
You have to zoom to 400% to check sharpening
And all the silly & pointless "which lens is best threads"

I've left 3 of them this evening..... So many people on there seem to know so much, and we're all stupid because we don't agree....
Haha many posts are ridiculous, granted. Thw recommend me a lens ones particularly as apparently no one bothers to research these things for themselves any more.

The LR and painterly effect thing is prevalent even here, sadly.

Cracking trio of images Dave we are always guaranteed some top drawer images from you
Thanks for sharing them(y)
Cheers Phil, very kind! Number IV (definitely the strongest) has made Flickr Explore, which is always nice.

I really think it's time I got to grips with my XT2. I have had it for over a year and I can produce some decent images. I use manual when in a studio with strobes, but can't get out of aperture priority when outside. Does anyone know of any one or two day Fuji X courses where I can finally get past this bugbear? Preferably London/Essex

It's easy. Move the ISO dial away from A to a designated number e.g. 200 and the move the shutterspeed dial away from A to e.g. 125. You could then set the apperture to A :) Seriously right now I'm also on apperture priority and as long as it works I see no reason to chamge that other than if I want to lock those settings down for shutterspeed effects or such.

It's easy. Move the ISO dial away from A to a designated number e.g. 200 and the move the shutterspeed dial away from A to e.g. 125. You could then set the apperture to A :) Seriously right now I'm also on apperture priority and as long as it works I see no reason to chamge that other than if I want to lock those settings down for shutterspeed effects or such.

Agreed re if it aint broke, don't fix it. I just feel I have such a lot of potential in the camera that I'm not using. AND I was thinking of an XT3! Crazy

Agreed re if it aint broke, don't fix it. I just feel I have such a lot of potential in the camera that I'm not using. AND I was thinking of an XT3! Crazy

i think mirrorless is the easiest format to learn how to shoot in manual as you can see in the evf/lcd the changes to shutter, aperture and iso are having on the exposure.
personally ive only ever shot on full manual on fuji. aperture controlled on the lens and i set the shutter speed dial to T and control that via the front dial. then iso via the iso control wheel. nice and easy.

i think mirrorless is the easiest format to learn how to shoot in manual as you can see in the evf/lcd the changes to shutter, aperture and iso are having on the exposure.
personally ive only ever shot on full manual on fuji. aperture controlled on the lens and i set the shutter speed dial to T and control that via the front dial. then iso via the iso control wheel. nice and easy.

Yeah, but you have to be able to set every brand of camera the same, otherwise with the frequency that you change, you'd be all fingers and thumbs :D

I see no problem in shooting in either TV or AV mode. I generally shoot AV, select an ISO, shutter on auto, and dial in the aperture, moving the ISO if I need to, or dialing +/- EV.

I have shot my T2 in manual, but, when Fuji spend all that money on development, I'm pretty sure they can get most of it right!!

I see no problem in shooting in either TV or AV mode. I generally shoot AV, select an ISO, shutter on auto, and dial in the aperture, moving the ISO if I need to, or dialing +/- EV.

I have shot my T2 in manual, but, when Fuji spend all that money on development, I'm pretty sure they can get most of it right!!

theres no right or wrong - all down to user preference and how much control you want. whatever gets the job done.

Agreed with the above. All of my best work outside of the studio has been in Aperture Priority. I'm just curious as to what else I could be doing after looking at the XT3 and realising I don't know my current camera that well!

I actually find it easier shooting in manual with fooj The only thing is the shutter speed wheel, as my brain seems to think it should go in the opposite direction ;)

I still shoot in aperture priority on the X-T3... I roll the EC dial as I wish and ISO ends up where it ends up (minimum shutter speed set). For some subjects I'll want to use shutter priority to get the desired effect. I've rarely used full manual on a Fuji body at all, at the very least auto iso will be in play :D

I still shoot in aperture priority on the X-T3... I roll the EC dial as I wish and ISO ends up where it ends up (minimum shutter speed set). For some subjects I'll want to use shutter priority to get the desired effect. I've rarely used full manual on a Fuji body at all, at the very least auto iso will be in play :D
You can definitely squeeze more from it in full manual, don't be so lazy :D

I sometimes shoot AP with EC, sometimes full manual. Don't think it makes much difference at all, except that for stitched images, manual is preferable.

In extremely contrasty conditions, it may not be possible to put in enough EC for the effect you want, but that's pretty rare.

I sometimes shoot AP with EC, sometimes full manual. Don't think it makes much difference at all, except that for stitched images, manual is preferable.

In extremely contrasty conditions, it may not be possible to put in enough EC for the effect you want, but that's pretty rare.

There always going to be the exception where manual is the way to go, or any of the other modes. I usually go full manual when shooting the moon for example. The vast majority of the time though I'll be in aperture or shutter priority.

Back