The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of a discarded Fishermans Hut with a discarded Fishing Boat in the background of which both have been left to rot. On the right is one of the old railway lines that were used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach from the sea. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the desolate terrain and decay etc
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/640th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (11) (Dungeness)-03248 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Like this treatment very much, George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of a discarded Fishermans Hut with a discarded Fishing Boat in the background of which both have been left to rot. On the right is one of the old railway lines that were used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach from the sea. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the desolate terrain and decay etc
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

George.
Excellent processing George and great use of the 10-24.

Excellent processing George and great use of the 10-24.

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

George.

George.

That's nice, very nice. Love that 10-24..... Would love to know what app you used to process this.

That's nice, very nice. Love that 10-24..... Would love to know what app you used to process this.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.

“All PP done manually ie no plug-ins etc. Raw file to DNG, then some PP in LR 4.4, then converted to mono & tones adjusted etc in PS6”

George.

I'm going to a leaving do in London on Friday evening, so will be in town from around 2pm. Probably South Bank and then on to St Pauls.

I need to be in Holborn for 5-30, but if anyone's around it would be good to meet.

I'm going to a leaving do in London on Friday evening, so will be in town from around 2pm. Probably South Bank and then on to St Pauls.

I need to be in Holborn for 5-30, but if anyone's around it would be good to meet.
I would be happy to, I work in Holborn. But unfortunately this Friday is my works Christmas party and I am going to be in no fit state to operate a camera. :beer::D

Happy to arrange another London evening, but for me it would have to wait until the new year now I think.

That’s the area I’m in when in the office. Will be working from home Friday though I’m afraid.

How is everyone getting on with their X-T3s after a couple of months now? Have you noticed much difference to the X-T2?

I havent really put to use the increased focus speed or shot much action but I do think the RAW files look cleaner and sharper in lightroom and photoshop than my X-T2 did. Not sure whether this is due to the new sensor, improvements in lightroom updates or just a placebo from a new camera.

How is everyone getting on with their X-T3s after a couple of months now? Have you noticed much difference to the X-T2?

I havent really put to use the increased focus speed or shot much action but I do think the RAW files look cleaner and sharper in lightroom and photoshop than my X-T2 did. Not sure whether this is due to the new sensor, improvements in lightroom updates or just a placebo from a new camera.
Huge improvement in AF speed and accuracy, especially on lenses like the 23 f/1.4 & the 56 f/1.2 plus plenty of latitude in post to bring out details if under exposed.

The interesting thing (to me, anyway) about this shot is that I spotted some potential here a year earlier, but the weather was just too nice. It's down in between rock faces, which makes the contrast quite a challenge on a sunny day. Possibly doable with enough exposure blending, but a natural-looking result is far from guaranteed. On a cloudy day, however, it's just about right in terms of dynamic range. Didn't even need a ND filter to blur the water...

Wash
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Just received an email from Fujifilm UK offering a £100 voucher on any of their lenses excluding the 8-16mm and 200mm. Can also be used along the cashback offers. [emoji3]

I think it was emailed to Fuji account holders so make sure you check your emails

Last edited:
I had that too. Not really what I wanted to see a week after buying a lens!

Just received an email from Fujifilm UK offering a £100 voucher on any of their lenses excluding the 8-16mm and 200mm. Can also be used along the cashback offers. [emoji3]

I think it was emailed to Fuji account holders so make sure you check your emails

Got one too, says you can share it so anyone buying a lens might do well to post here first

Yeah I got that too. Damn you Fuji. Thought that I'd successfully got past the whole Black Friday - Cyber Monday period this year without any serious damage to my bank balance.

Is the voucher for purchases made directly from Fuji ? Their prices are usually more than £100 higher than Wex anyway. If it can be used anywhere would someone be kind enough to share ? I fancy a 90 lol

Is the voucher for purchases made directly from Fuji ? Their prices are usually more than £100 higher than Wex anyway. If it can be used anywhere would someone be kind enough to share ? I fancy a 90 lol

PM me your email Pete and I'll forward it .

PM me your email Pete and I'll forward it .

Actually while it says you can share but I went to the print voucher bit and it has my name all over it so not sure how that's going to work.

Also you need to print off voucher and bring it into store so that appears to rule out online purchases .

It brings the price of the 23mm f2 down to £264 after the other cashback. How can I not buy it now...

Last edited:
Actually while it says you can share but I went to the print voucher bit and it has my name all over it so not sure how that's going to work.

Also you need to print off voucher and bring it into store so that appears to rule out online purchases .

It brings the price of the 23mm f2 down to £264 after the other cashback. How can I not buy it now...
I was trying not to do that maths!

Thanks guys, can't be arsed to go into London to buy in store, my wallet has breathed a sigh of relief

Back