The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I was interested to read in the Amateur Photographer this week that they name the
Fuji X-T3 as the best Aps-c camera ever made.
That is quite a claim
In the professional class it was placed in it was also the cheapest.

Thoughts.?

Yes but the 16 and 90 and stellar lenses, there is no easy solution other than to buy them all!!

Buy them all !!!
And why not apart from weight :)
I now have my most useful range of primes covered
My faves at the moment are still the Samyang 8mm fisheye Zeiss Touit 12mm XF 16mm XF56 APD f1:1.2.
I have lenses I have purchased but haven’t even shot with yet:(
Although I do own 14mm 18mm both 23 mm versions 27mm both 35mm versions 50mm 60mm & 90mm.
I’ve promised myself a day out with all my primes to test them out when my health permits it:)
Can’t wait roll on next spring ! :banana:

Last edited:
I was interested to read in the Amateur Photographer this week that they name the
That is quite a claim

Thoughts.?
I think as usual Amateur Photographer is months behind anyone else.....old news, all the "experts" have been saying it for a while

Just received an email from Fujifilm UK offering a £100 voucher on any of their lenses excluding the 8-16mm and 200mm. Can also be used along the cashback offers. [emoji3]

I think it was emailed to Fuji account holders so make sure you check your emails
Was it from the Fuji shop account, I do have one but didn't receive a nice voucher :(, in the market for an XT3, 23mm and 50-140mm so an extra £100 would be rather nice

That is quite a claim

Thoughts.?
As with most things, surely this is hugely subjective? As one of my colleagues says constantly define best (insert any other parameter) Photography, like any other discipline, or hobby is in the impossible position of trying to tell people what is best. My hobbies are; Cars, Motorcycles and Photography, so there is no chance that there will ever be agreement on what is bet in any of those.

Does anyone use Capture one Express for Fuji? I'm kind of lost here, In Photoshop we have catalogues to sort out different photo sessions where you import whatever you want to sort out, however in C1 I can see there is a "session" option that's limited to only pro users.

How do you go about organising your photographs?

Was it from the Fuji shop account, I do have one but didn't receive a nice voucher :(, in the market for an XT3, 23mm and 50-140mm so an extra £100 would be rather nice

Keep an eye on the classifieds for an upcoming 50-140 ;)

Does anyone use Capture one Express for Fuji? I'm kind of lost here, In Photoshop we have catalogues to sort out different photo sessions where you import whatever you want to sort out, however in C1 I can see there is a "session" option that's limited to only pro users.

How do you go about organising your photographs?
I use Lightroom but I still stick to the old-fashioned directory structure, even though I’m now on Mac.

My “Pictures” directory has sub-directories based geographically. Within each are subs of Raw, Develops, and Web-sized.

Love the first one. Waterloo?

Thanks Stephen, yep Waterloo on my way home :) I got a bit lucky with the BG too on the video boards.

Can anyone recommend a Gimbal for X-T3/16-55 combo?
I've just bought a Feiyutech A2000 dual Handle, not had time to set it up yet, will report back when I have but that's a heavy lens on the front

I was looking at the AK2000, be interested to know how you get on with the A2000.
I think the only difference is the little LCD screen on the AK but none of them can control the camera, it's aimed at Sony owners really, zero Fuji support from any gimbal manufacturer

I think the only difference is the little LCD screen on the AK but none of them can control the camera, it's aimed at Sony owners really, zero Fuji support from any gimbal manufacturer
Yeah, even the latest Zhiyun doesn't support Fuji, seems odd given leap forward with video for the X-T3.

Getting loads of notifications from Fuji refurbished store about various lenses being back in stock.

Also an update on the £100 lens discount coupon from last week . Clearly they have had to have a rethink on this one...

SAVE £100 ON XF LENSES*
UPDATE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS

We sent you an email on Saturday 1 December to tell you about our voucher, giving you £100 off our XF lenses. We'd like to let you know that the terms of the promotion have changed. In addition to the XF8-16mm and XF200mm, the following lenses are excluded from this offer from 4 December 2018: XF18mmF2, XF23mmF2, XF27mmF2.8, XF35mmF2, XF50mmF2, XF1.4x TC and XF2x TC.

Back