The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've saved a fortune, what with Black Friday, coupons, etc. I've ignored them all and not spent a penny! :D

Me neither, might have been different if the 16-80mm had made an appearance.

I’ve got the same email this morning, talk about taking the p***.... guess it only leaves the 1.4 versions.

Getting loads of notifications from Fuji refurbished store about various lenses being back in stock.

Also an update on the £100 lens discount coupon from last week . Clearly they have had to have a rethink on this one...

SAVE £100 ON XF LENSES*
UPDATE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS

We sent you an email on Saturday 1 December to tell you about our voucher, giving you £100 off our XF lenses. We'd like to let you know that the terms of the promotion have changed. In addition to the XF8-16mm and XF200mm, the following lenses are excluded from this offer from 4 December 2018: XF18mmF2, XF23mmF2, XF27mmF2.8, XF35mmF2, XF50mmF2, XF1.4x TC and XF2x TC.
That does make sense! Unlike the repeated notifications that the lens I don't need to buy is back in stock in the refurb store.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a guy with his Hurdy Gurdy doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/350th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
The Hurdy Gurdy Man (M)-03232M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Superb George, I bet Fujifilm hate you, you're living proof you don't need an XT-3 and 50-140 to get fantastic shots :D

Superb George, I bet Fujifilm hate you, you're living proof you don't need an XT-3 and 50-140 to get fantastic shots :D

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

“Ssh!!, Don’t tell anyone but I have actually got both of those items, the lens I very seldom use and the camera the jury’s still out on”

George.

There are a couple of things bugging me on my X-T3 which I havent figured out how to change. Can anyone help? Are these changable settings?

1. The live view dimms after 10-15 seconds without pressing any buttons. I am assuming this is a battery saving thing. But its annoying when shooting landscapes in live mode when the screen dimms whilst setting up a composition. Havent worked out how to set the screen to be on continuously.

2. The live view doesnt display a real representation of exposure. The final image is often more exposed than was shown on the live view. This is then shown on the image review in camera which is brighter than the live view showed. I cant work out what setting is used to ensure the live view accurately shows the exposure.

Thanks
Ben

There are a couple of things bugging me on my X-T3 which I havent figured out how to change. Can anyone help? Are these changable settings?

1. The live view dimms after 10-15 seconds without pressing any buttons. I am assuming this is a battery saving thing. But its annoying when shooting landscapes in live mode when the screen dimms whilst setting up a composition. Havent worked out how to set the screen to be on continuously.

2. The live view doesnt display a real representation of exposure. The final image is often more exposed than was shown on the live view. This is then shown on the image review in camera which is brighter than the live view showed. I cant work out what setting is used to ensure the live view accurately shows the exposure.

Thanks
Ben
I dont have a t3, so i cant help with the first, but the second one should be an option called "preview exp/wb in manual mode". Its in spanner menu 1, under screen setup.

I've saved a fortune, what with Black Friday, coupons, etc. I've ignored them all and not spent a penny! :D

well done indeed. Now I'm probably going to be having a play with a S*** A7iii tomorrow. If I can resist that, then I can resist the Z6 as it has the same sensor and my poor GAS will have nowhere to turn. I mean it could be ages till the Fuji organic sensor.....

Bit of a mystery here: any ideas?

I've recently acquired a Viselex Rhinocam at a very bargain price and stuck a Pentax 645 75mm 2.8 on it, to see whether I like it or not.

If you don't know how the Rhinocam works, you can Google it, but the only thing you really need to know here is that there's no way the lens can be responsible for my problems. It's not talking to the camera, and its aperture is fixed with a ring.

What's troubling me is that I have my X-T10 completely in manual mode. Fixed exposure of 1 s, fixed ISO of 200, fixed WB even though I'm shooting RAW+JPG. I'm in S mode, so no bracketing. The shots are taken a second or two apart under constant illumination.

And yet, consecutive shots appear to have quite different exposures. I've composited two of them together in PS so you can see how different they are. These are RAWs SOOC and into PS via LR, but much the same is seen with JPGs.

Any ideas? Is my camera simply on the fritz?! Of course, the exposure difference can be adjusted for, but I'd love to know where it's arising.

2018-12-08 Rhinocam test 2-002 sm.jpg

Back