The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Big sky over Alfama, Lisbon

31599139017_1569d6d819_b.jpg

Fujifilm XT-1, 23mm f2 @f14, in camera mono with R filter EDIT and Flickr over sharpening!

Last edited:
Big sky over Alfama, Lisbon

31599139017_1569d6d819_b.jpg

Fujifilm XT-1, 23mm f2 @f14, in camera mono with R filter EDIT and Flickr over sharpening!

That’s a very nice Fujigraph, really like the mono presentation.(y)

George.

Reactions: Jao
That’s a very nice Fujigraph, really like the mono presentation.(y)

George.

George, many thanks. I still use an XPRO-1 and and XT-1 and find them to be better cameras than I am a photographer! The in camera mono on the XT-1 is lovely in my view.

Last edited:
Nice shots Rick, but if it was me then I`d up the shutter speed more and don`t worry about using a high iso as the X-T3 loves it. Try spot metering too.
Thanks. I’ll try that next time, as she was t keen on keeping still I should have gone up higher on SS for sure. I’ll take a look at the spot metering option as I’ve not used that in these type of shots before.

Thanks for the comments.

Thanks. I’ll try that next time, as she was t keen on keeping still I should have gone up higher on SS for sure. I’ll take a look at the spot metering option as I’ve not used that in these type of shots before.

Thanks for the comments.

At least 250 min for SS and you should be fine, like I said too don`t worry if iso hits over 6400.

At least 250 min for SS and you should be fine, like I said too don`t worry if iso hits over 6400.
I’ll try and give it a go tomorrow. I might dig a flash out too to give it a go. Just happened to be playing with some settings this morning when she started messing so grabbed the above. :)

Thanks again

Here are a few more I snapped tonight, I took these at 1/250 and with some flash added just for an experiment. I am working on getting her to pose for me properly so I can actually compose the shots better! The lens is super sharp, the uploads don't show this anywhere near as well as the actual files.

DSCF1588 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1586 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1585 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1584 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Here are a few more I snapped tonight, I took these at 1/250 and with some flash added just for an experiment. I am working on getting her to pose for me properly so I can actually compose the shots better! The lens is super sharp, the uploads don't show this anywhere near as well as the actual files.

DSCF1588 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1586 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1585 by rick phillips, on Flickr

DSCF1584 by rick phillips, on Flickr

These are a lot better Rick, just need to try and keep the BG clear still great though.

These are a lot better Rick, just need to try and keep the BG clear still great though.
Thanks Dave. When I can take my 3 year old I’ll do that. ;)
I’ll post some proper shots next week once I’ve bought some bribes.

As much as I live the 23 1.4 I'm considering changing it for the F2 version.

I've got both and a couple of X100 series cameras, 35mmFF is my favourite field of view.

F1.4 v F2

The F1.4 is sharper, has better IQ, but is heavier, slower to AF and is not WR, the F2 has faster AF, WR but isn't as sharp, especially at F2

My wife uses the F2 on her X-T20, but I tend to use the F1.4

I've got both and a couple of X100 series cameras, 35mmFF is my favourite field of view.

F1.4 v F2

The F1.4 is sharper, has better IQ, but is heavier, slower to AF and is not WR, the F2 has faster AF, WR but isn't as sharp, especially at F2

My wife uses the F2 on her X-T20, but I tend to use the F1.4

Thanks David, that’s what I’ve been reading. I’m working with 2 bodies now xt2 and xt20 and getting into portrait shoots. Xt2 has the 56 and xt20 will have the 23. I wanted something smaller for a grab and go anywhere and may just pick up the 23 f2 or even an older x100.

Thanks David, that’s what I’ve been reading. I’m working with 2 bodies now xt2 and xt20 and getting into portrait shoots. Xt2 has the 56 and xt20 will have the 23. I wanted something smaller for a grab and go anywhere and may just pick up the 23 f2 or even an older x100.

Andy, the colour rendition between the 23F1.4 and the 56 is very similar, so that would be a good reason to stay with the F1.4

If you like the 35mm FF focal length then an X100 family camera is a great grab and go camera, that said the 23mmF2 and X-T20 are fairly compact, personally I grab and go with an X100F

Well I've had an interesting weekend in Bristol, though sadly I did manage to drop my X-T2 and 10-24, damaging the ISO ring on the body and denting the filter thread on the lens, though thankfully both still seem to be functioning fine (the L Bracket took the brunt of the impact).

This is an example of something a bit different from me...I'm no portrait artist but I did like this one of my girlfriend inside an air raid warden's blast shelter in M Shed, the Bristol museum.

Claire by Alan Jones, on Flickr

Not the brightest of periods is it? Feels like The Sun's gone on a Festive Season break. Still trying to get pictures of a small thing that won't come close and likes hiding in dark bushes in darkness.

Still hiding...
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

Gotcha
by jamiewednesday1, on Flickr

Just seeing one of them is an achievement - getting a photo is a huge success. Normally, all I ever see is a flash of iridescent blue. Well done.

Well I've had an interesting weekend in Bristol, though sadly I did manage to drop my X-T2 and 10-24, damaging the ISO ring on the body and denting the filter thread on the lens, though thankfully both still seem to be functioning fine (the L Bracket took the brunt of the impact).

This is an example of something a bit different from me...I'm no portrait artist but I did like this one of my girlfriend inside an air raid warden's blast shelter in M Shed, the Bristol museum.

Love this Alan.

My first Sun rise on the Buachaille pic for 2019.Taken with my Fuji XT3 and 10-24mm
View attachment 146475

Very nice Fujigraph, with some nice light & colours and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Nice wee water fall just outside Glencoe village.
Anyone see a turtle in the rock or have I been hitting the Gin to much.
View attachment 146499
I can see a skull on the rock, and an Otter in the water. A water-otter :D ie, kettle.

That is nice Alan. :clap::clap:

My first Sun rise on the Buachaille pic for 2019.Taken with my Fuji XT3 and 10-24mm
View attachment 146475

Thats a lovely shot Allan, stopped in the very same spot last year just a shame I never got to re visit.

This printing bigger and bigger malarky is getting quite addictive (I can see this is going to lead to an A2 printer.....)

Fotospeed Matt Ultra 240 A2, cut down to 329mm, custom paper size now 329mm x 594mm, printed on Canon Pro-100

Dinorwic (again)

Wish you would stop showing off your prints David the gas is growing, at least that answers a question I had in my head which was how does the 100 print B&W.

Back