The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Not sure if I’m in the right place to ask but does anyone know if anyone makes a converter to fit a mixture of DX and FX Nikon lenses on the X-T3. I have a Nikon D800 and D300 with some nice lenses that would be useful.

Not sure if I’m in the right place to ask but does anyone know if anyone makes a converter to fit a mixture of DX and FX Nikon lenses on the X-T3. I have a Nikon D800 and D300 with some nice lenses that would be useful.
If I understand correctly, the mount is the same so there should be no issues in using both frame-size lenses.

Can someone recommend a cable release for the XT-3 ? I know I can use the app but I prefer a cable. I don’t want to spend a fortune on a Fuji one unless I can help it.

Thanks

Pretty sure they’re made. Don’t think you’ll be able to auto focus though.

Can someone recommend a cable release for the XT-3 ? I know I can use the app but I prefer a cable. I don’t want to spend a fortune on a Fuji one unless I can help it.

Thanks
I have just found out the. X-T3 has a separate access port with the remote release socket on the right side of the body, above the SD card door.Might be a better option

Yes they do it dosnet matter if they are DX or FX regarding the fitting where the adaptor will vary is with G lenses with no adaptor rings or lens with adaptor rings.
The one for G lenses will have a lever so you can control the aperture while the D lenses wont, I know an adaptor for d lenses wont work with a g lens due to the fact you can't control the aperture but not sure if
the reverse is true. As it has already been said no a/f.
I use to use one for a couple of G lenses I had it had a lever you adjust the aperture with but no aperture markings, I found it fine took a bit of getting use but unless you wanted an exact aperture of say f8
it worked fine.
In fit it might still be in my cupboard if you want a cheap one to play with

This is from tonights Jazz night gig at the Paris House in town, took the X-T3 + XF 50mm f2 and the X100F so have a lot of photos to edit. This is Abi Flynn a great singer and even better vocalist.

Abi by Dave, on Flickr

Liking this Fujigraph very much, great expression, really conveys the atmosphere to me, and well presented in mono.(y)

George.

Two more from last night, X-T3 + XF50mm f2 in the editing I`m trying to keep it dark and moody as the Paris House is like a French Inn.

Bassman by Dave, on Flickr

This one I just had to jazz it up more

Paris House Jazz by Dave, on Flickr

Flash question guys, i’m Looking at getting 2 flashes for my fuji’s. Going the Godox route, am in right in saying if I go with 2 x TT685F then I will need a trigger, thinking the xpro-f rather than the X1T-f but if I go with the V860ii then this can trigger any other Godox flash and I wouldn’t require a dedicated trigger?

Flash question guys, i’m Looking at getting 2 flashes for my fuji’s. Going the Godox route, am in right in saying if I go with 2 x TT685F then I will need a trigger, thinking the xpro-f rather than the X1T-f but if I go with the V860ii then this can trigger any other Godox flash and I wouldn’t require a dedicated trigger?

I`ve tot the 685 and T1 trigger (works well for me), but have no clue on the other ones you mention, sorry.

Two more from last night, X-T3 + XF50mm f2 in the editing I`m trying to keep it dark and moody as the Paris House is like a French Inn.

Two very nice muso Fujigraphs, particularly liking #2 and the mono presentation.(y)

George.

Got bored, so shot my little olive oil bottles ...

Olive Oils by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice competent still life Fujigraph, well composed, great use of limited dof, and nicely presented in a toned mono.(y)

George.

Love this series Dave the processing for me is down to tee, actually prefer the non jazzed up ones.

Got bored, so shot my little olive oil bottles ...

Olive Oils by Paulie-W, on Flickr

Very nice Paul, time well spent.

Love this series Dave the processing for me is down to tee, actually prefer the non jazzed up ones..

Thank you for the comment, at the moment I`m trying out a style just for me that I will stick too, I agree with you on the non jazzed up ones and might well keep it dark and moody looking.

Thank you for the comment, at the moment I`m trying out a style just for me that I will stick too, I agree with you on the non jazzed up ones and might well keep it dark and moody looking.

As you mentioned in the first post, for me the darker ones go better with surroundings. Gives you the sense of a Jazz club in a cellar.

I picked up a new tripod over Christmas, a three legged thing punks corey. Folds down incredibly small and paired with the X-T3 makes a very manageable travel setup. Although the weather wasn't ideal (the massive amount of light pollution is made much worse with a cloudy sky) I was still rather keen to go out and give it a whirl. 1 and 2 taken with the 18-55, number three I was using the samyang 12mm and the last couple were just a couple of handheld grab shots.

DSCF5362.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

DSCF5364.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

DSCF5348.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

DSCF5358.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

DSCF5338.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

I picked up a new tripod over Christmas, a three legged thing punks corey. Folds down incredibly small and paired with the X-T3 makes a very manageable travel setup. Although the weather wasn't ideal (the massive amount of light pollution is made much worse with a cloudy sky) I was still rather keen to go out and give it a whirl. 1 and 2 taken with the 18-55, number three I was using the samyang 12mm and the last couple were just a couple of handheld grab shots.

DSCF5362.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

DSCF5364.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

DSCF5348.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

DSCF5358.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr

DSCF5338.jpg by David Walker, on Flickr
Superb images :)

Well the TT685F does have the same transceiver the V860II does but the triggers are both cheaper, smaller and lighter than the speedlights so why waste lights to use as triggers

Back