The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Thats nice Ian how you finding the A7?

Well, I like the idea of full-frame having come to Fuji from Canon FF. And I like the picture the Sony takes, especially landscapes. But I only have a small collection of old Olympus lenses so I am not using the most modern lenses. I still hate the menu system but I'm getting there. The cost of Sony lenses is the main obstacle. Legacy glass is fine but I don't feel I am doing the camera justice (plus I cannot MF very well). So once the novelty has worn off I think I'll be back to Fuji as first choice.

I've been using my Sony A7 more recent but took the XT2 out today to Bank underground station for a play. This isn't as polished as I would like but OK for a recce:

Banking by Ian, on Flickr

Very nice action type Fujigraph, great composition, good colour, and very nice movement.(y)

George.

Not a portrait guy these days but still like to dabble. Trying out a mates Pixapro lights and trigger. I'm sold on them.

45614352965_3aff1b6e3d_b.jpg

Amy Mono by Mark Boadey - X-T3, XF60mmF2.4 R Macro@60.0 mm, f2.8, 1/250s, ISO160

Not a portrait guy these days but still like to dabble. Trying out a mates Pixapro lights and trigger. I'm sold on them.

45614352965_3aff1b6e3d_b.jpg

Amy Mono by Mark Boadey - X-T3, XF60mmF2.4 R Macro@60.0 mm, f2.8, 1/250s, ISO160

Very nice portrait Fujigraph, lovely soft light, nice pose, and well presented in mono.(y)

George.

First trip out with the XT3; very happy with my choice to part exchange my D7200. This 10-24mm is amazing!

Catbells Dawn
by Dan Thwaites, on Flickr

Beautifully composed, Dan, and you caught some beautiful light.

You're right, the 10-24 is a cracking lens and you put it to good use here (y)

Catbells Dawn has particularly interesting light imo. If I was to buy a new Fuji camera, it would be the X-T3 --it's just so gorgeous. In the meantime I'm having a look at the dark side in the form of the Z6 to see whether in due course, I might switch back to Nikon. A long testing process lies ahead and it's far from clear who will win!

Tyson, you can go much lighter with Fuji than Nikon but not if you want their top lenses like the 16-55 or 50-140. The real charm of the system is the primes, I would submit.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK showing part of a Trombone that’s being played by someone in a Sally Army band.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this snap will be included.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/160th @ F4.5, ISO-250, Handheld.

Sally's Music (2) (M)-03286M
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty:for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
I really like the tonal range in this shot - rich glossy blacks.

I really like the tonal range in this shot - rich glossy blacks.

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK showing part of a Trombone that’s being played by someone in a Sally Army band.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this snap will be included.

by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
That's a cracking mono, love the detail and the viewpoint

It may be my eyes, but I'm struggling to find any part of this image that is sharp. Were you maybe a little too close when you took the shot? Like I said, it could be me....

It is not your eyes, I did not want it sharp at all as was just playing about with the reflection.

That's a cracking mono, love the detail and the viewpoint

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.(y)

George.

by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Cool reflections

Haven't been out with the camera in ages.... Managed to go for a walk around my local lake today, not a lot of light, shooting with the 100-400 & 1.4 at this time of year means 1600 or 3200 ISO...

Anyway, here's a lovely Robin for you...

Robin by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Great to see all the birds starting to pair up too.

mallards by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

At one point, without moving from the same spot we could see about 20 different species... This lake was "dead" 10 years ago and the council have worked really hard to get it back to life.

“Excellent” Fujigraph, nuff said.(y)

George.

Back