The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

First shooting day of the year last week - managed to grapb a few decent ones...

This one caused me to be asked to leave the Apple Store (which is a bit rich when you considered all the other nerds who spend all day sitting in there!)

That is a fantastic image! Love it

First shooting day of the year last week - managed to grapb a few decent ones...

This one caused me to be asked to leave the Apple Store (which is a bit rich when you considered all the other nerds who spend all day sitting in there!)

Well it is an image worth getting thrown out of any store. I for one really like it.

How long usually would it be expected to then be available for order based on previous Fuji releases? April?

Depends how far along in development it is I guess, I would expect it's release by early summer at latest if they officially announce it.

Well my X-T2 won't switch on at all - tried different batteries but nothing - a google search shows a lot of people have had same problem in last year, I'd had a few times when it acted up a bit and had to take battery out and replace it to get it to fire up but it's dead now - Bought in April 2018 so under warranty and it's off to be assessed and hopefully repaired. Thank god it's not my primary camera.

Well my X-T2 won't switch on at all - tried different batteries but nothing - a google search shows a lot of people have had same problem in last year, I'd had a few times when it acted up a bit and had to take battery out and replace it to get it to fire up but it's dead now - Bought in April 2018 so under warranty and it's off to be assessed and hopefully repaired. Thank god it's not my primary camera.

Doesn’t sound too good. Hope you get it sorted.

So after briefly flirting with an alternative brand, and my XT3 freezing and eventually being returned, I’ve decided to stick with Fuji. Just bought a refurbished XH1, grip and 2 spare batteries for £999 from the Fuji refurbished site.
I now need a wide lens to compliment my 23-56-90 trio. All are fast (1.4-1.2-f2 respectively) so I’m thinking the 16mm 1.4. Anyone have any experience with this lens? Or should I look at the 10-24 ?

So after briefly flirting with an alternative brand, and my XT3 freezing and eventually being returned, I’ve decided to stick with Fuji. Just bought a refurbished XH1, grip and 2 spare batteries for £999 from the Fuji refurbished site.
I now need a wide lens to compliment my 23-56-90 trio. All are fast (1.4-1.2-f2 respectively) so I’m thinking the 16mm 1.4. Anyone have any experience with this lens? Or should I look at the 10-24 ?

The 16mm F1.4 is a belter and possibly the best prime that Fuji make for the X series (the 10-24 is good as well, but as I've got older I tend to shoot less wide, and find the 16mm hits my sweet spot) some of my 16mm images here https://www.flickr.com/photos/89667368@N05/albums/72157663568539908

“CONGRAT’S”, That’s a positive RESULT in my book.(y)

George.

Yep the 10-24 is lovely lens but can I put in for a shout for the 14mm f2.8 imho not far off the 16mm, doesn't focus so close but is a lot smaller and lighter.
Or if you want an extra wide prime there is the samyang 12mm get a good copy and its very nice and again small & light plus one of the best wide angle astro lens for the Fuji.

Just posting to say I came here to get into photography (I'm a total beginner) and decided on starting with the X-T1 after all the glowing reviews I've read.
(I actually wanted to keep an eye out for someone selling one, but I guess I'll have to lurk for a while....)

Just posting to say I came here to get into photography (I'm a total beginner) and decided on starting with the X-T1 after all the glowing reviews I've read.
(I actually wanted to keep an eye out for someone selling one, but I guess I'll have to lurk for a while....)
Welcome Andrew. The X-T1 is an excellent camera to learn photography with as it uses traditional analogue controls so you can more clearly get an idea of the exposure triangle (aperture/shutter speed/“film” sensitivity).

I have both. I find the 110-24 brilliant if I want to travel light (one body, one lens) but if I was going for anything serious, I would use the 16mm. It's a very, very versatile lens, as it focuses really close, at wide apertures it has a nice bokeh, and at f5.6 - f8 it's outstanding.

I have both. I find the 110-24 brilliant if I want to travel light (one body, one lens) but if I was going for anything serious, I would use the 16mm. It's a very, very versatile lens, as it focuses really close, at wide apertures it has a nice bokeh, and at f5.6 - f8 it's outstanding.

Can you all just shhhh please! :eek: I have the 10-24 and love it, but images from the 16mm keep catching my eye. I still have some Nikon bits to sell so I could recycle some of the cash, but I don't NEED the 16mm. Or do I? This is such a great thread but oooh the temptation! :ROFLMAO:

Regarding wide angles, it depends a lot on what you want to do with it. IMHO, people worry far too much about the sharpness of a lens (and as Ansel Adams more or less said, not enough about the sharpness of their concepts). Either the 10-24 or the 16mm will be absolutely fine for most purposes. Even the 18-55 is good enough for most shots you can take with it, and the 10-24 is a lot more resolving than that. I got the zoom because although I like 16mm very much, I can't be doing with changing lenses on a beach with sand and salt flying through the air. If you'll mainly be in the studio, you may well take a different view. Horses for courses.

Speaking of which, here's a shot from the other day with my new X-T2 and the said 10-24, trying to make something of a very cloudy, gusty day. It's handheld at f/5.6, with some focus stacking.

Corral
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Thats nice considering the conditions David. Is that focus stacked manually or via the menu option?

Thats nice considering the conditions David. Is that focus stacked manually or via the menu option?
Manually, just three shots. When I got home, I updated the firmware and checked out the auto version. It's a bit finicky - if you set too wide an aperture, it will move focus very little, whereas at f/8 it works fairly well. Definitely optimised for not missing anything out, but I feel like I could try it in the field now.

PS Thanks!

Last edited:
Can you all just shhhh please! :eek: I have the 10-24 and love it, but images from the 16mm keep catching my eye. I still have some Nikon bits to sell so I could recycle some of the cash, but I don't NEED the 16mm. Or do I? This is such a great thread but oooh the temptation! :ROFLMAO:

Everybody needs the 16mm... Sorry :D

In all fairness, I'd consider it if it meant losing the 10-24mm and not missing it. I just enjoy the 10-24mm too much though!

Oh I couldn't go without the 10-24, it's my walkabout lens, with the 35 f1.4 in my bag.....

Oh I couldn't go without the 10-24, it's my walkabout lens, with the 35 f1.4 in my bag.....
My thoughts exactly, though these days my walk about is my X100F. My 35mm has since gone in favour of a 16-55mm....not really a light and pocketable combo [emoji16]

Back