The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Having a few issues with my kit at the moment, anybody experienced similar?

Firstly the Xt2 - it's literally just been repaired by Fuji but it's still locking up. It also will not connect to the remote app on my phone.

The 10-24. Also just been repaired, but earlier today the focus mechanism stopped working altogether, and just jammed at minimum focus distance. It then started working again.

60mm macro - i noticed this at work the other day, it has suddenly become woefully lacking in contrast in any kind of backlight. Even the light table I use at work, teatime been using the past year, is painful, and today was using it outdoors and it just looks awful, had to switch to the 55-200 instead. I'm not sure why it should suddenly start behaving like this. It's focusing fine and behaving fine otherwise and the glass appears good.
Thinking about it, I was using it on My X-t1 the other day and it was fine, so maybe it's a processing issue with the X-t2.

Hmmm....

Having a few issues with my kit at the moment, anybody experienced similar?

Firstly the Xt2 - it's literally just been repaired by Fuji but it's still locking up. It also will not connect to the remote app on my phone.

The 10-24. Also just been repaired, but earlier today the focus mechanism stopped working altogether, and just jammed at minimum focus distance. It then started working again.

60mm macro - i noticed this at work the other day, it has suddenly become woefully lacking in contrast in any kind of backlight. Even the light table I use at work, teatime been using the past year, is painful, and today was using it outdoors and it just looks awful, had to switch to the 55-200 instead. I'm not sure why it should suddenly start behaving like this. It's focusing fine and behaving fine otherwise and the glass appears good.
Thinking about it, I was using it on My X-t1 the other day and it was fine, so maybe it's a processing issue with the X-t2.

Hmmm....

Is the 10-24 ok on your X-T1? If so might be the X-T2?

Thanks Dave :)

Is the 10-24 ok on your X-T1? If so might be the X-T2?

Haven't had chance to try yet, it's behaving again now but it was particularly un nerving for it to just stop working.

Here is a comparison between the 60mm and the 55-200. The lack of contrast is pretty horrendous. Might have to try and borrow another one to try, I can't afford the 80mm just yet! (Excuse blur, I'd bumped the ISO dial down to L instead of A!)
DSCF9476.jpgDSCF9480.jpg

Haven't had chance to try yet, it's behaving again now but it was particularly un nerving for it to just stop working.

Here is a comparison between the 60mm and the 55-200. The lack of contrast is pretty horrendous. Might have to try and borrow another one to try, I can't afford the 80mm just yet! (Excuse blur, I'd bumped the ISO dial down to L instead of A!)
View attachment 236721View attachment 236722

That's not good, if it's only the 60mm suffering with the contrast problem would seem to rule out the X-T2.
Presuming it looks ok when you look at the elements?
Since the 10-24 has been OK since maybe down to a bad contacts between the lens and body in some form?

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London UK of a young lad with his Cello doing a bit of street playing. I just love the look of concentration on this lads face.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/60th @ F5.6, ISO-400, Handheld.

Young Cello Player (M)-03290M
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Ok folks as some of you might know I have the X-T3 and X100F, but I want another X body and have seen a Brand New X-T1 at Jessops for just over £500 as I want need another body as would have the 90mm on the T3 and either the 35mm or 50mm on the T1. Do you really like using the T1 ?
I know I could go second hand but it has to be brand new.

Ok folks as some of you might know I have the X-T3 and X100F, but I want another X body and have seen a Brand New X-T1 at Jessops for just over £500 as I want need another body as would have the 90mm on the T3 and either the 35mm or 50mm on the T1. Do you really like using the T1 ?
I know I could go second hand but it has to be brand new.

Dave, if you are going to be swapping between all three cameras (to change focal lengths), then I would suggest going for a T2, as the no joystick on the T1 will get to you, when trying to change focal points quickly.

Also IMO earlier X-trans files (than the T2) require processing differently which may give you a different workflow compared with your current cameras.

Why do you have to buy new, a decent used T2 can be had for the price of this Jessops T1. Don't get me wrong the T1 is a good camera, but I think it will end up frustrating you.

Dave, if you are going to be swapping between all three cameras (to change focal lengths), then I would suggest going for a T2, as the no joystick on the T1 will get to you, when trying to change focal points quickly.

Also IMO earlier X-trans files (than the T2) require processing differently which may give you a different workflow compared with your current cameras.

Why do you have to buy new, a decent used T2 can be had for the price of this Jessops T1. Don't get me wrong the T1 is a good camera, but I think it will end up frustrating you.

I was just thinking of another body, and read that the X-T1 was still thought of as a good/great camera. I have some thinking to do.

Went for a walk with Mrs J yesterday, you wouldn't believe this place is just 5 minutes from Heathrow (Harmandsworth Moor). I've been trying to get an image like this but still feel I'm not getting the processing right to make it show with some decent detail.....

DSCF3077 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Back